• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can picture Kroenke telling big Weng he can have anybody no matter what this summer, Usmanov has heard about it and is in the ear of the Russian owner of Monaco. He's telling him to keep upping the asking price.

Scenes when Kroenke has to re mortgage his ranch.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
That is Lacazette, Keita and Seri money were talking about.... 140mil for one player is ridiculous spending. I would rather we signed those three than sign Mbappe at this rate

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Remember reading there was a £100M deficit in Stoke on Trent's hospital trust a while back. I've always said wages and transfer fees reflect the money received by the clubs from the fans but this is obscene.

He's an 18 year old kid ffs, I thought the Ronaldo fee was excessive but this is nuts. Football has jumped the shark.

I'm not having a go at Arsenal btw, if we don't pay it some other club will and I'd rather see him play for us than not. There needs to be a spending cap or something implemented though.

AVENTUS

That is Lacazette, Keita and Seri money were talking about.... 140mil for one player is ridiculous spending. I would rather we signed those three than sign Mbappe at this rate

This could be the best player in the world in a few years Real Madrid are clearly thinking post Ronaldo now he hasn't got long left.

Theshed, Redcafe all saying they want their clubs to make bids too.

The only thing that worries me about these crazy fees is Arsenal already know Alexis and Özil are gone so can afford the fee

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't get me wrong I'd pay anything to get him at Arsenal. There isn't a single striker at his age or even 3-5 years above that is at his level with the ceiling he can hit.

Just a few points on why the bid would make sense.

1) Wenger wants to keep Alexis and Özil, both of which will want us to be proactive in the market. If we don't get Mbappe it's just another chink in the Alexis and Özil safety cabinet.

2) No other strikers available with such great futures who are already exceptionally talented and natural goalscorers.

3) Gazidis and co want their statements to come to fruition, they want us to be a super club with the likes of Madrid and Bayern. To outbid Madrid in a bidding war would be a huge step in the right direction.

4) We do have the money, and I firmly believe the miniature protest of Kroenke out would've made him think twice. I also think Usmanov would've had a say. We can throw this sort of money at someone it's just annoying it's taken getting out the CL to get here.

5) It's probably all a complete farce and not true at all, but I for one don't care how much we spend on him. He's 18 years old and is already one of the best strikers in Europe. If we want to become a European super club we have to assemble the best team no matter what the cost. Mbappe doesn't have to use us a stepping stone, buy him and build something special Arsène.

*Applause rumbles through board room*

AVENTUS

5e3911db90.jpg

blaise

Well finally we are going the distance, not dillydalling 20-30m, not couple of milions, who d thought we d be alive to see this after all these years. Wenger deserves this player for all his loyalty to the club.
Real cant match this if we are paying like 70m or more upfront, they d have to sell first, we dont. Ivan probably has 70m in his bag.

We ll sell players, Wenger will find some midfielder

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Remember reading there was a £100M deficit in Stoke on Trent's hospital trust a while back. I've always said wages and transfer fees reflect the money received by the clubs from the fans but this is obscene.

He's an 18 year old kid ffs, I thought the Ronaldo fee was excessive but this is nuts. Football has jumped the shark.

I'm not having a go at Arsenal btw, if we don't pay it some other club will and I'd rather see him play for us than not. There needs to be a spending cap or something implemented though.

Arsenal have their own kind of spending cap...

They've endured 5 seasons where the main two centre forwards combined cost is less than Everton's striker. And one of those has only managed a single season without long-term injury.

If you spread MBappe's cost across those 5 years, as well as the years of his contract, it seems more reasonable. Hopefully this is exactly what those cash reserves were all aimed at...

Wenger only allows himself to go this big when it's a player he really desperately wants, when the fans have been on his back, and when he needs to bounce back.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I leave for an hour and things go to 140m.

What in the actual ****?

Someone HAS to be using our name here. Right? Right, guys?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we'll sign him, **** it lets just run with the rumour if it happens it happens. I want to be excited at something RE Arsenal :lol:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Someone is making this stuff up. We are not about to make him the most expensive player after 1 season. I highly rate him... but come on.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the problem as I see it with someone so young is that he has no established injury history

given our record with injuries, I could just see us paying £140m for him and seeing him out injured for 6 months within a few games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom