• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano: Welcome to Arsenal!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Not too sad about that. I'm happy he was at Stuttgart last season, did a rather good job overall, even if he has been frustrating at times and there's too much missing in his game. Have to keep in mind though it was 2. Bundesliga. Actually I'm happy to have him there next season, at least means VfB don't need to add another player of his profile, which can be useful.

I'd say if he does develop well, he could become a good BuLi player, if not, I currently see his level at decent BuLi squadplayer, but never good enough for Arsenal.
You know, if you've got his qualities and are 16 to 18, you're the potential Japanese Aguero. You play like he does, with his limitations and you're already 23, your the Japanese lovechild of Walcott and Welbeck. Too much still missing to become a top player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Horrible horrible player. Why are we doing this type of signing?

Even the gems like Kante have impressed at some kind of level before being signed. This guy was basicslly doing alright in a terrible league. Ffs.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Can't sell more Asian Arsenal fans shirts while in Germany. Get rid.

tcahill

To be fair both Asano and Sanogoal both cost next to nothing, they were both low risk but low reward investments who just happened to not work out.
They both looked like decent prospects before coming to arsenal.
However I do agree wenger needs to sell as soon as its evident they won't ever make the level.

Impact

Established Member
To be fair both Asano and Sanogoal both cost next to nothing, they were both low risk but low reward investments who just happened to not work out.
However I do agree wenger needs to sell as soon as its evident they won't ever make the level.

That's the thing. Neither of them looked worthwhile punts when we signed them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, they both looked exactly how they are, garbage poverty signings.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another loan isn't too bad, as long as he can maintain his place in the team now they're promoted.

neimad

To what end though? Just get rid I say.

I'd say give the lad a chance for another season with Stuttgart. He's moving to a totally different culture away from home and this needs to be taken in to account. If it doesn't work out next season then look at moving him on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'd say give the lad a chance for another season with Stuttgart. He's moving to a totally different culture away from home and this needs to be taken in to account. If it doesn't work out next season then look at moving him on.
But is he ever going to be anywhere near the level we require? I highly doubt that. Even when you take the move into account. He just doesn't have it.

neimad

But is he ever going to be anywhere near the level we require? I highly doubt that. Even when you take the move into account. He just doesn't have it.

He might never be capable of the level we require but I wouldn't imagine he's on crazy wages. I'd be annoyed if he did turn out to be something worth keeping on to. He could quite easily end up being an Amaury Bischoff but at least he's not in the first team squad taking up a place.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He might never be capable of the level we require but I wouldn't imagine he's on crazy wages. I'd be annoyed if he did turn out to be something worth keeping on to. He could quite easily end up being an Amaury Bischoff but at least he's not in the first team squad taking up a place.
No. He is never going to turn into something we might want to keep. Get rid. Regardless of the wages. Silly silly signing this was.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No idea the thinking behind this deal.

We could have worked out he was not eligible for a work permit before signing & the loan outside a 'top six' European League a waste of time for gaining the permit.

If you want to crack the Asian market buy a squad player to stick on the bench & play in the cup. Waste of money for us & ****s up the guys career somewhat at a vital age.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom