• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was wrong on Virgil, thought he was average before Southampton and wrote him off when linked. He's obviously become a top CB since though, one of the best in the league.

£40m and Chambers? Think it'd take something like that, maybe even more.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Makes a lot of sense, our defence was awful last season and our best CB isn't getting any younger, plus he's injured. However, 60 million price tag? Wenger won't pay that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People seem to really rate him. Can't say I really remember him when I've seen him play.

If he's as good as people say then I want him.

I've always wanted a top CB, CM and CF this window

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

People seem to really rate him. Can't say I really remember him when I've seen him play.

If he's as good as people say then I want him.

I've always wanted a top CB, CM and CF this window
I agree still need that general in midfield not many about though

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So Dean is just basing this on the Rob Draper article this morning about Lemar where in a small part of the article he mentions we are interested in Van Dijik.

CB is far down on the list that requires acquisition for us in my opinion. I'd prefer Gibson if we are going for left sided CB to be honest, probably better value for money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chambers plus cash would maybe cost us around 40M, which is not too extravagant for someone of his profile.

The days of getting the absolute elite at elite prices are gone, the market is inflated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is a good deal for Southampton actually, you get at least 40M in cash, but also a good young CB.

I don't buy it though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not a fan of him at all. Also I'm not surprised there's links to us, after the Liverpool fiasco, Chelsea looking set at CB and Utd buying Lindelof there's not a lot of places he can go.

Sp**s won't pay 70M for anyone let alone a CB which leaves us and City, probably his agent trying to get City involved using us.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not a fan.

@Aevius I will complain. I will not sit idly by while you force that fraud down our throats. Power to the people! No Pablo, no mas, por favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom