• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Arsenal |15.7.17 |11.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm glad Özil was played with the second string. He surely has to work harder mentally to find players he barely knows. This will hopefully sharpen him up and make linking easier with Laca. It's a pity Cohen-Brammall didn't get on but we are strong on the left which is great. I'm pretty pleased with pre season so far.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm glad Özil was played with the second string. He surely has to work harder mentally to find players he barely knows. This will hopefully sharpen him up and make linking easier with Laca. It's a pity Cohen-Brammall didn't get on but we are strong on the left which is great. I'm pretty pleased with pre season so far.

How when he's not playing with him?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Excellent point.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched at work. Game was annoying me quite a bit. Giroud starting with Lacazette behind him was annoying so at least he scored. He didn't look good otherwise. Lacazette was OK but I want to see him upfront, not playing 2nd striker to the guy we are trying to replace in the starting lineup.

More positively, Nketiah looked good in his cameo but he's a striker playing games wing back. Willock was the best youngster today. Looks great at CM. Nelson not quite as effective today but he's not a wing back either.

Will watch the game again at home later.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not as much as it would help him actually playing with Laca.
Obviously not. We know what Özil can do and we should see both him and Laca vs Chelsea next week.FYI, when Bergkamp played with a relative unknown or junior player,he told them to play their natural game and let him do the work of finding them. Özil has this job now. He was on point today.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Obviously not. We know what Özil can do and we should see both him and Laca vs Chelsea next week.FYI, when Bergkamp played with a relative unknown or junior player,he told them to play their natural game and let him do the work of finding them. Özil has this job now. He was on point today.

Yes, Özil was on point, but that doesn;t mean he doesn't need to familiarise himself with a new player before the serious games start. He's not all knowing.

At any rate, can't wait for next week, that's when we'll see what we've got.

squizo

Damit completely forgot and missed the entire thing...

Player ratings please!!!!

Ospina 7/10
Martinez 5/10
Kos 8/10
Elneny 8/10
Monreal 7,5/10
Ramsey 7/10
Xhaka 7/10
Ox 6/10
Iwobi 8/10
Maitland-Niles 7,5/10
Lacazette 7,5/10
Giroud 7/10
Welbeck 5/10
Walcott 4/10
Özil 8,5/10
Mertesacker 8/10
Bielik 8/10
Coquelin 7,5/10
Kolasinac 7/10
Willock 8,5/10
Nketiah 8/10
Nelson 7/10

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He was massively over-rated by AM fans.
Haven't really followed up on his progress. But when I saw him play in preseason games he seemed like he didn't have the physical attributes like the likes of Nelson or Willock have now. He had great vision though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes, Özil was on point, but that doesn;t mean he doesn't need to familiarise himself with a new player before the serious games start. He's not all knowing.

At any rate, can't wait for next week, that's when we'll see what we've got.
We have plenty of games including the Charity Shield. Lots of time to train and watch dvd's of team mates too. I kind of trust Özil tbh. If he wants to fully conquer his doubters, this quiet efficiency and taking charge as he did today is a good start. Roll on next week. The squad depth, apart from CM is good when you look at the players yet to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom