• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafinha Alcantara

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Naples_vs_Barcelone_-_Gen%C3%A8ve_-_aout_2014_-_Rafael_Alc%C3%A1ntara.jpg

Complete name: Rafael Alcântara do Nascimento
Date of birth: Feb 12, 1993
Place of birth: São Paulo
26.png

Height: 1,74 m
Nationality:
26.png
Brazil
157.png
Spain
Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Foot: left

Arsenal have been allegedly offered the chance to sign Rafinha, with Barcelona ready to listen to offers in excess of 30m, according to Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rcelona-midfielder-rafinha-offered-to-arsenal

Thoughts?

Gooner006

Good player, but fairly similar to Ox. Also has endured his share of injuries. Coming off a meniscus problem at the moment. We can do better

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They can have Debuchy for 30m.

Raf.jpg
that a really not bad injury record but i don't understand why they want 30M+ to sell him he barely start for them but i guess the market these days make them asking for 30M euros at least.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
that a really not bad injury record but i don't understand why they want 30M+ to sell him he barely start for them but i guess the market these days make them asking for 30M euros at least.
Its the two bad ones to the knee at 24. Has to be a red flag for any club looking to spend that fee.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I really hope Arsenal don't give Barcelona anymore money unless its for one of the big names. Their such a scummy club and outside their starting eleven have a pretty poor squad these days.

They literally have nothing to offer selling player wise. Even in this market that guy is what, a £12mil player at most..? Yet they still think cos their Barca they can command such fee's. Let them save up their pennies for Bellerin, will take a few years til they get there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There are other players they can offer us that I'll gladly take.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Messi, Neymar or Suarez. I'd take Rakitic also. Wenger likes a few of their young pups like Samper and I dare say he'd be tempted if he was offered. Personally I know nothing about him other than the reports from January.

But literally that's about it. Think Barcelona have a serious rebuild on their hands. Iniesta is done. Busquets needs upgraded. Alba is solid but I'm more than content to with our LBs. Towards the end I'd maybe take what's his face the Turkish fella but literally that's a if all else fails. And I'd have him ahead of Rafina

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Messi, Neymar or Suarez. I'd take Rakitic also. Wenger likes a few of their young pups like Samper and I dare say he'd be tempted if he was offered. Personally I know nothing about him other than the reports from January.

But literally that's about it. Think Barcelona have a serious rebuild on their hands. Iniesta is done. Busquets needs upgraded. Alba is solid but I'm more than content to with our LBs. Towards the end I'd maybe take what's his face the Turkish fella but literally that's a if all else fails. And I'd have him ahead of Rafina

Sorry must not have explained it properly, I meant outside of the starting 11 they have nothing to offer. I hope we don't contribute any money to their rebuild.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Its the two bad ones to the knee at 24. Has to be a red flag for any club looking to spend that fee.

It's a bit of a concern, of course, but that kind of injury isn't necessarily something that keeps happening. As a quick example off the top of my head, Manny Machado, a baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles, blew out a knee at age 21 in 2013, then injured the other knee the following year. But he's now gone 2 1/2 years with no further problems despite playing a position (third base) that requires a lot of quick, sudden knee movements and playing basically every night for 162 games a year.

Aside from the knee injuries, most everything else on the list was just something that caused him to miss a game or two. He has a far better injury record than Ramsey.

I think he'd be a very good signing and really €30 million isn't outrageous these days for a player with his talent (I mean, Manchester United just spent more than that for a center back who has pretty much only played one season with the first team in Portugal's top division). Rafinha is a very good defender, great passer, excellent dribbler who likes to move the ball forward and is really good with his foot on the ball. With a move to a club where he could get more playing time, he could really blossom.

BBF

We'll sign him for 30m and send Bellerin their way.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom