• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was going to put off this thread until the season started and he got games but he's already beginning to cause a stir, so might as well make the thread now.

For those who don't follow my posts in the Reserves thread, Reiss Nelson is - IMO - the biggest talent in our academy and has been ever since he broke into the U18s and then the U23s while still being 15. He is now 17 and turns 18 in December.

Nelson has excellent acceleration and is a very strong 1-on-1 dribbler, which can cause havoc if he's able to isolate defenders in or around the box. He's technically sound, has above average decision-making skills for his age and has a potentially high capacity for end product. During Englands previous U17 campaign, he scored 9 goals in 9 appearances for that team despite operating on the right wing.

His main position is right wing but he's equally dangerous on the left wing as well as playing as a #10 behind the striker. He has played central midfield on a few occasions and done well, and has been playing RWB for the first team this tour. Mainly though, he's an attacker who plays pretty much anywhere behind the striker, excelling on either wing due to his unpredictable style and ability to beat an isolated defender.

This upcoming season, he has a chance to bludgeon his way into first team contention, and with his ability and confidence, it is definitely possible for him.

This video is the first time I was made aware of Nelson, over 2 years ago:

Since then, been keeping an eye to see how long it would take for a player this talented to reach the first team. I said he would get there by 17. He might just prove me right (for once!)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
let's just hope he is our future, and not destined for Real Madrid like Mbappe

and thanks Mutable Earth, one of the very few posters on AM who makes a positive contribution - hate the avatar though, sorry

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We really need him to take the step up. There's no way we can compete with the likes of Man City unless some of our youngsters break through in a big way. Hope he does better than Jeff, whom I had great expectations from.

Emmanueleboue2

We really need him to take the step up. There's no way we can compete with the likes of Man City unless some of our youngsters break through in a big way. Hope he does better than Jeff, whom I had great expectations from.

Agreed we need him, Bielek and holding to really establish themselves to stand a chance against city and likes.

Emmanueleboue2

Joe Willock too.

Would be great. One player i find interesting is Josh Dasilva in the midfield role. I think he had a great season and was a little suprised that he and Ben sheaf did not get any minutes in this preseason.

On a sidenote, i think if we would get in J.Sancho he and Nelson would be first team regulars by 2018/2019

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would be great. One player i find interesting is Josh Dasilva in the midfield role. I think he had a great season and was a little suprised that he and Ben sheaf did not get any minutes in this preseason.

On a sidenote, i think if we would get in J.Sancho he and Nelson would be first team regulars by 2018/2019
Josh DaSilva is interesting too, but he was in the England U19 squad that won the Euros, so he definitely couldn't make the tour, as the final was only a week or two ago, and he played in the final. I think Sheaf is injured.

Ewarwoowar

I was going to put off this thread until the season started and he got games but he's already beginning to cause a stir, so might as well make the thread now.

For those who don't follow my posts in the Reserves thread, Reiss Nelson is - IMO - the biggest talent in our academy and has been ever since he broke into the U18s and then the U23s while still being 15. He is now 17 and turns 18 in December.

Nelson has excellent acceleration and is a very strong 1-on-1 dribbler, which can cause havoc if he's able to isolate defenders in or around the box. He's technically sound, has above average decision-making skills for his age and has a potentially high capacity for end product. During Englands previous U17 campaign, he scored 9 goals in 9 appearances for that team despite operating on the right wing.

His main position is right wing but he's equally dangerous on the left wing as well as playing as a #10 behind the striker. He has played central midfield on a few occasions and done well, and has been playing RWB for the first team this tour. Mainly though, he's an attacker who plays pretty much anywhere behind the striker, excelling on either wing due to his unpredictable style and ability to beat an isolated defender.

This upcoming season, he has a chance to bludgeon his way into first team contention, and with his ability and confidence, it is definitely possible for him.

This video is the first time I was made aware of Nelson, over 2 years ago:

Since then, been keeping an eye to see how long it would take for a player this talented to reach the first team. I said he would get there by 17. He might just prove me right (for once!)

He seems everything you say, seems not fazed in the senior team in close proximity to the likes of Özil, very dynamic for the most part. Just need for him to carry his imperious box play over from the youth, that is the only area his young years(inexperience) seemed apparent, imho. Probably a little hyper critical on my part tho', really hope He get's a good shot this season, very exciting prospect and might wake a few seniors out of their slumber.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Better prospect than AMN, I've always said so :rolleyes:

On a real, I'm very excited to see how he progresses both in his place in the team and as a talent. He's the type of player that makes football an entertaining watch, so it'd be especially pleasing to see him succeed. Hopefully he gets the opportunities he deserves.

Crocrodile

A player who has great acceleration,
I was impressed by his concentration.

On the field he exudes confidence,
For his skilfullness he constantly provides evidence.

He even shown he can for himself fend,
He 's stronger than he looks and is a pure attacker but can defend.

He is a young player that really does excite,
Hopefully a huge chunk of PT he 'll bite.

He 's so young that in 10 yrs time,
He 'll be at his peak ducking up the opposition in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom