• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
How can anyone have a chance when wenger don't play them?

Here's what happened?

Perez scored a hatrick, immediately dropped for the next few games.

Bought Adelaide, never played a single game.

Afobe scored tons of goals in championship. Sold.

Akpom played in last season pre season games and scored. Seldom played and disappeared.

Zelalem. Touted as a potential. Disappeared.

Gnarby touted as a strong forward. Sold.

Niles touted as a good midfielder.

ClubLevel

How can anyone have a chance when wenger don't play them?

Here's what happened?

Perez scored a hatrick, immediately dropped for the next few games.

Bought Adelaide, never played a single game.

Afobe scored tons of goals in championship. Sold.

Akpom played in last season pre season games and scored. Seldom played and disappeared.

Zelalem. Touted as a potential. Disappeared.

Gnarby touted as a strong forward. Sold.

Niles touted as a good midfielder.

Akpom/Afobe - Everyone on here wanting big name world class forwards last few years so doubt either of these would have made it, you can't complain we need world class forwards and then say we should of stuck with these two.

Zelalem - Did okay at Rangers but didn't really stand out or look as if he would make it here.

Gnarby - Wanted to leave, didn't do anything worthwhile at West Brom.

They won't all make it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
May soften the blow of losing Willock maybe, but Sanchez? o_O
Definitely not straight away. Alexis IMO is staying at least for the next year. We bring this kid in now, he can take his time but IMO he'll be ready by 2018. I think he's the biggest talent of his age group in Europe, as a winger at least. Having both Nelson and Sancho would be amazing.

The end product would be extremely difficult to replicate but it's a speculation I don't mind making. (Additionally, this is all assuming Sancho is actually joining Arsenal, which is still uncertain at best).

FinnGooner

Established Member
I've never heard this before :rolleyes:. People still get excited about kids playing pre-season games. He's probably very talented, yes, but based on the rate in which our academy actually produces decent players, there is a more than very good chance are he will never become a first-team regular at Arsenal

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've never heard this before :rolleyes:. People still get excited about kids playing pre-season games. He's probably very talented, yes, but based on the rate in which our academy actually produces decent players, there is a more than very good chance are he will never become a first-team regular at Arsenal
Do you even football.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
I hope you are right about him, guys.
Last year I was told here that Zelalem and Crowley would destroy the PL, and now these guys play in the Dutch 2nd division.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hopefully he is involved in The Emirates Cup, then Wenger will decide if he should be in the 1st team squad for this season. Personally with the EL, FA & LC I would definitely include him on what I've seen so far.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Do you even football.

No I'm clueless. I guess I should trust the hype on this forum more often. After all, it's not like similar things were being said about players like JET, Frimpong, Akpom, Aneke, Afobe, Merida, Zelalem and Ryo Miyaichi.

Btw, you do know hyping a player on an internet forum does not have any effect on how the player will do in real life? If he is as good as you say, just relax and wait him to prove me wrong. Right now there's very little you can do to convince me since we're talking about a player neither of us has seen play in a professional game.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No I'm clueless. I guess I should trust the hype on this forum more often. After all, it's not like similar things were being said about players like JET, Frimpong, Akpom, Aneke, Afobe, Merida, Zelalem and Ryo Miyaichi.

Btw, you do know hyping a player on an internet forum does not have any effect on how the player will do in real life? If he is as good as you say, just relax and wait him to prove me wrong. Right now there's very little you can do to convince me since we're talking about a player neither of us has seen play in a professional game.
Reiss is a generational talent, like Pele. Nobody is hyping him up at all.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Reiss is a generational talent, like Pele. Nobody is hyping him up at all.

l417_f-maxage-0.gif

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I don't know, the hype on Sancho at least is completely deserved. the kids exhumes talent, you can't teach that, you can't take that away and all he needs to do is build on it. do a ronaldo and not a quaresma/nani.

anyone remember those portuguese flops at the same age? or depay? i'm sure the same was about them, the little tricks, the stepovers etc.. but with sancho, it's not about the nifty tricks or useless stepovers, it's his feel for the game, the way he reacts to situation in split second, has control of his speed and acceleration in relation to the ball, space and defender.

you can't turn up your nose on such talent. i remember neymar not impressing some, and look where he is now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he is involved in The Emirates Cup, then Wenger will decide if he should be in the 1st team squad for this season. Personally with the EL, FA & LC I would definitely include him on what I've seen so far.
Emirates Cup will be a slightly more competitive affair so impressing there will do a lot for his stock. It's still very possible that he won't start or appear in an actual competitive game until well into September at least. Wenger is very cautious about the younger players nowadays with the exception of Iwobi. Have to be prepared for the eventuality that despite how good he's been, he might not even play in the EL, as annoying as that would be.

I don't know, the hype on Sancho at least is completely deserved. the kids exhumes talent, you can't teach that, you can't take that away and all he needs to do is build on it. do a ronaldo and not a quaresma/nani.

anyone remember those portuguese flops at the same age? or depay? i'm sure the same was about them, the little tricks, the stepovers etc.. but with sancho, it's not about the nifty tricks or useless stepovers, it's his feel for the game, the way he reacts to situation in split second, has control of his speed and acceleration in relation to the ball, space and defender.

you can't turn up your nose on such talent. i remember neymar not impressing some, and look where he is now.
Yep. Sancho is a prodigy playing at the wrong club. Anywhere other than City or Chelsea and he'd be close to a first team push.

Nelson is slightly less flamboyant in style, marginal differences in style of play. I think Nelson could be a goalscoring player if he developed that side of his game more.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Super excited with this kid! Haven't seen too much of him but all this talk/hype and what I have seen shows great potential and a great reason to be optimistic.

Impact

Established Member
Reiss Nelson has the ability to be a genuine first team starter here. He's that good. It's particularly exciting because we haven't seen an offensive player with his ability since Wilshere.

Jadon Sancho at Man City is probably one of the best talents at the academy level in the UK. Signing him would be a fantastic coup. Think he's good enough to contribute at the first team level right from the off.

Having the two together learning from Özil and Alexis would be amazing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Emirates Cup will be a slightly more competitive affair so impressing there will do a lot for his stock. It's still very possible that he won't start or appear in an actual competitive game until well into September at least. Wenger is very cautious about the younger players nowadays with the exception of Iwobi. Have to be prepared for the eventuality that despite how good he's been, he might not even play in the EL, as annoying as that would be.

Yep. Sancho is a prodigy playing at the wrong club. Anywhere other than City or Chelsea and he'd be close to a first team push.

Nelson is slightly less flamboyant in style, marginal differences in style of play. I think Nelson could be a goalscoring player if he developed that side of his game more.

I think Wenger will give him some game time. I know Wenger is careful with youngsters but he needs to see Nelson in a more competitive environment, so EC is the perfect time, unless Wenger has already decided not to include him in 1st team squad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth

Both Nelson and Willock were kept with the main group for the Emirates cup whilst the rest of the kids who went on tour played yesterday. Do you think them two will be promoted already?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

Both Nelson and Willock were kept with the main group for the Emirates cup whilst the rest of the kids who went on tour played yesterday. Do you think them two will be promoted already?
Possible. I think it is a reward for their endeavor during the China/Sydney tour, so they will play on a bigger platform. My guess is that if they are to get promoted, they'd have to look unplayable in the EC. Otherwise, they will be on the fringes like Jeff was last year. They'll probably play a lot of U23 football - in Joe Willock's case, it will be a step up. Nelson will see the odd game.

I think it hinges on exactly how good they will look this weekend.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The difference with what I've seen between someone like say, Reiss Nelson and Jeff is hunger and the backing work rate. Jeff for all his talent has frankly looked non-existent/lazy in senior games when he's not on the ball. It's alright to have a languid style and be a good dribbler but you have to try and get hold of the ball and get involved on both ends if you're a young kid trying to break into a team. Reiss looks like he wants to make it, and is more willing to take the game on. I see more of that attitude in Joe Willock as well. That's what got Iwobi his break and has kept him in the first team, the fire that goes with skill. That's where players like Jeff and Zelalem have to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom