• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Saturday, 29th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
gun__1496829418_EmiratesCupEditorial.jpg

The appetiser:

2pm:
RB Leipzig vs Sevilla

TV Info: Quest TV (UK), Benfica TV, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3 USA
Live Stream: Quest Live, WatchESPN

===

The main course:

4.20pm:
Arsenal vs Benfica

TV Info: Quest TV (UK), ESPN Deportes
Live Stream: Arsenal player, Quest Live, WatchESPN

Team News:

• Sanchez, Bellerine and Mustafi, all of whom are just returning from holiday, will not feature.

Arsenal squad:

4 Per Mertesacker
6 Laurent Koscielny
8 Aaron Ramsey
9 Alexandre Lacazette
11 Mesut Özil
12 Olivier Giroud
13 David Ospina
14 Theo Walcott
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Rob Holding
17 Alex Iwobi
18 Nacho Monreal
21 Calum Chambers
23 Danny Welbeck
24 Hector Bellerin
26 Emiliano Martinez
29 Granit Xhaka
30 Ainsley Maitland-Niles
31 Sead Kolasinac
33 Petr Cech
34 Francis Coquelin
35 Mohamed Elneny
40 Cohen Bramall
61 Reiss Nelson
69 Joe Willock

• Arsenal will be wearing their brand new Puma pyjamas;

DFp9a6WW0AAmGcC.jpg

Any excuse to post an Özil pic is a good excuse.

Wenger loves the competition:

Note for UK viewers:

Quest is available on Freeview channel 37.

Sky subscribers can watch it on channel 144 and channel 172 for those on Virgin.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Please do as many match threads as possible this season @Rimaal . This is tops! Even if just the big games.

Can't wait for this. I should get it on local satelite TV but will stream if needed. Decent opposition and a taste of something to come in the Europa. Have to agree with Arsène, this cup is classy and a lot of fun.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Its on Dutch Tv so I'm happy. 17:20 here, so I'll put the grill on and enjoy the game. Mmmm looking forward to it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
so does this mean Chambers is likely to stay?

Ospina too included, and the strong rumours of his likely sale to a Turkish club seem to have gone quiet

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Also looking forward to the Emirates again. So many ****holes in EL football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Even though he's been great, maybe Wenger is including him as well because of Chris leaving?
Partially. Joe's contract ran out the same day as Chris. I'd imagine that first team assurances were high on the agenda for both brothers. Chris is already making inroads towards Benfica's first team. Chances are, he could be playing regularly for them come mid season.

Now it's also possible that Joe's versatility and growing physique makes him a more attractive option for first team promotion. Joe is about 6 foot now and pretty strong despite not being fully developed physically. He also seems to be able to use his body very intelligently and confidently and is perhaps more direct as a player, particularly in his passing. It's a unique set of skills that if developed could make him a very interesting prospect. I don't think Joe lacks in the technical department, even dribbler wise, compared to his more renowned brother.

So it's partially merit based on ability (and he did have a stellar season for the U18s) but also partially because offering him first team assurances were probably a factor in keeping him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So Wenger's said we'll play two completely different teams during this weekend. Basically we're gonna have a meltdown on here because of one of the team selections won't be as strong as the other and people won't understand why he's playing two completely different teams despite it being so obvious.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So Wenger's said we'll play two completely different teams during this weekend. Basically we're gonna have a meltdown on here because of one of the team selections won't be as strong as the other and people won't understand why he's playing two completely different teams despite it being so obvious.
I just hope we get to see good combinations!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone mentioned why Wilshere isn't in the squad? He trained with the team this week. Is it a fitness issue or is he no longer in Wenger's plans?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Quest? I'll have to look for that, im with Virgin.

Bit of a joke I got Sky and BT, but can never catch an Arsenal game.

Football is becoming sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom