• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I don't know, the hype on Sancho at least is completely deserved. the kids exhumes talent, you can't teach that, you can't take that away and all he needs to do is build on it. do a ronaldo and not a quaresma/nani.

anyone remember those portuguese flops at the same age?
or depay? i'm sure the same was about them, the little tricks, the stepovers etc.. but with sancho, it's not about the nifty tricks or useless stepovers, it's his feel for the game, the way he reacts to situation in split second, has control of his speed and acceleration in relation to the ball, space and defender.

you can't turn up your nose on such talent. i remember neymar not impressing some, and look where he is now.

Many considered Quaresma a bigger talent than Ronaldo in the youth ranks, which sort of proves the point Finn was making. He could do an Adriano, or a Pato, or he could do an Henry. Until we buy a communal crystal ball for the forum, its impossible to know.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The difference with what I've seen between someone like say, Reiss Nelson and Jeff is hunger and the backing work rate. Jeff for all his talent has frankly looked non-existent/lazy in senior games when he's not on the ball. It's alright to have a languid style and be a good dribbler but you have to try and get hold of the ball and get involved on both ends if you're a young kid trying to break into a team. Reiss looks like he wants to make it, and is more willing to take the game on. I see more of that attitude in Joe Willock as well. That's what got Iwobi his break and has kept him in the first team, the fire that goes with skill. That's where players like Jeff and Zelalem have to step up.
Hear where you're coming from RE Jeff. I made the same comparison between Nelson and Chris Willock - that the latter lacked the intensity of the former and that it might have been the defining attribute that Wenger will have picked up on despite the aforementioned Willock being the better technician. It can be argued that Chris is still the better dribbler of the two but I think Nelson was a more destructive force in the final third than Chris was at the same level.

Not for me. Mavididi is a star waiting to happen, higher ceiling than Danny IMO.

Mavididi was terrorizing 2nd division in the few games he played there. So rare seeing players go there on loan and do what he did there. I think many didn't even consider him a dribbler until they saw him there.

If it weren't for injury he would have been with us on tour this summer!

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'll close my eyes and imagine it's Mavididi in front of them!

I like Danny though.
I do too, but I reckon he'll be looking at another loan. Wenger normally likes to take players out for a spin during preseason before bringing them on board.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I do too, but I reckon he'll be looking at another loan. Wenger normally likes to take players out for a spin during preseason before bringing them on board.
Yeah. I'm assuming Mavididi is going to the Championship on loan, although there's still a strong possibility he goes back to League 1. Honestly, I'd prefer him to be in the Championship.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great that he's made the Emirates squad. I was thinking Wenger may want to see him against stronger opposition before deciding what to do with him this season. I don't want him to go on loan, I think he can play a part, especially in the cups.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
And ahead of his possible home debut, Nelson has revealed how Özil has been helping his development.

"Funnily enough, Mesut’s been talking to me and really helping me through the games," he said in the matchday programme.

"After the first game he seemed impressed and he couldn’t tell how old I was. When I told him he was really surprised.

"From there, he’s just been telling me loads of stuff that I need to be doing – how to behave on and off the pitch.

"It’s crazy to be getting advice from one of the best players in the world."

Mesut Özil :drool: What a man, what a footballer, what a giver!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-youngster-reiss-nelson-reveals-10894757

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you know where that Nigerian kid is by the way Mutable . He seemed a real talent and he's big too .
Kelechi Nwakali? He's very likely going on loan. I don't think he has a permit to play for us yet. Apparently Hoffenheim are interested.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Kelechi Nwakali? He's very likely going on loan. I don't think he has a permit to play for us yet. Apparently Hoffenheim are interested.

Yup , got a big future from what I have seen . Terrible he can't get a work permit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom