• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I know what you're getting at Celestis but I feel the importance of having elite wingers with 1-on-1 destruction capabilities should not be underestimated.

We have especially lacked that at Arsenal and I was always envious of Man U when they had Giggs. I don't think any other winger in England came close for about 15 years. A big reason component of Fergie's success was he always had exceptional wide players.

It's those tight games that get congested through the centre where we will really feel the benefit of Nelson if he fulfils anything like the potential he is showing right now.

I agree on his defensive work. I especially like the way he knows how to use his body effectively to shield the ball and is tactically aware.

Yeah think he is one of those whose starting position is on the wing but has "License" to go where he can affect the game or at least eventually he will be .

Impact

Established Member
So exciting having a player this good breaking through into the first team. Testament to his talent that he's excelling out of position.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't wait until he turns 18 so I can start saving pictures of him in my CPU.

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah think he is one of those whose starting position is on the wing but has "License" to go where he can affect the game or at least eventually he will be .

Oh ok I fully get your point. Yes we should definitely let the shackles off him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't know, the hype on Sancho at least is completely deserved. the kids exhumes talent, you can't teach that, you can't take that away and all he needs to do is build on it. do a ronaldo and not a quaresma/nani.

anyone remember those portuguese flops at the same age? or depay? i'm sure the same was about them, the little tricks, the stepovers etc.. but with sancho, it's not about the nifty tricks or useless stepovers, it's his feel for the game, the way he reacts to situation in split second, has control of his speed and acceleration in relation to the ball, space and defender.

you can't turn up your nose on such talent. i remember neymar not impressing some, and look where he is now.
I love how the Nelson thread has become the Sancho thread but I agree with you, big big big talent. One of those like Nelson who can actually make a first team impact as a teenager, hope we sign him.

Pep is a *****, chequebook ******.

Dammit

Can't believe I'm alive at the time when Nelson is coming through our ranks. In 20 years time many Arsenal fan parents will want to name their kids after him.

He reminds me of Fabregas/Rooney/Wilshere when they were breaking through. This kid might actually debut in premier league this season already.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He reminds me of Fabregas/Rooney/Wilshere when they were breaking through. This kid might actually debut in premier league this season already.

Wenger recently spoke about him saying that he played him wingback in preseason to learn defensive responsbility. I really do think that Nelson is an exception to receiving education through different positions and on loan at a different club.

Nelson needs to be thrown in at the deep end like Sterling was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom