• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fifa 18

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
A striker typically gets 30 touches or so per game across 90(!) minutes. FIFA halves are 6 minutes, so for it to be realistic, you'd get around 4-6 touches per game :lol: Not exactly entertaining gameplay.
You could ask your teammates for the ball and be more involved. I once scored a hat-trick playing as a goalkeeper. Good times.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Football just doesn't lend itself well to the "control one player" type of gameplay. So much of being a good footballer is positioning yourself correctly, and making the most of the relatively few touches you get.

A striker typically gets 30 touches or so per game across 90(!) minutes. FIFA halves are 6 minutes, so for it to be realistic, you'd get around 4-6 touches per game :lol: Not exactly entertaining gameplay.

If you want to play a career mode kind of thing, you should try out NBA 2k17. Basketball, being 5vs5, lends itself well to that kind of gameplay and you're constantly doing meaningful things on the court gameplay wise.
While I agree, a decent teammate AI will help a lot.

PES is great at this, it helps the 'Pro' player by forcing some actions (like the pl;ayer will automatically move towards an open ball, etc)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
LW & those stats. :(

Fifa ****ed up.... Although may have a chance to play with this card now!

I was already annoyed with how they underrated R9 but this is even worse. Pace should be at least 95. Dribbling should be over 90. Passing should be no worse than 88. Shooting should be 90. This is like the stats for Henry in his last season with us rather than prime Henry. There is no way prime Henry should be lower than Neymar(who I absolutely love but who is not at that level yet) in this game. Disrespectful.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Seen rumors of extra position changes & even multiple Icon cards of the same player. :confused: Could explain Thierrys card I guess.

DGKBxusXUAIPayf.jpg:large

All announced this evening.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Credit to EA they really know how maximise their profits. UT alone must be pulling in close to half a billion.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Seen rumors of extra position changes & even multiple Icon cards of the same player. :confused: Could explain Thierrys card I guess.

DGKBxusXUAIPayf.jpg:large

All announced this evening.
Yeah I guess that 90 rated LW one is the Barca Thierry and the 93 rated striker one is our Thierry.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Found passing + crossing to be way more accurate, faster & op.

Dribbling & running with the ball significantly slower.

Low driven shots still fantastic but gap closed between regular shot & finesse shot.

Defending bit of a nightmare... have to be far closer + accurate for both sliding & standing tackles.

Expect more demand for passers in midfield now regardless of pace. Target man is a must now cant be doing with a Lacazette up front... Height wins all in the air.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Found passing + crossing to be way more accurate, faster & op.

Dribbling & running with the ball significantly slower.

Low driven shots still fantastic but gap closed between regular shot & finesse shot.

Defending bit of a nightmare... have to be far closer + accurate for both sliding & standing tackles.

Expect more demand for passers in midfield now regardless of pace. Target man is a must now cant be doing with a Lacazette up front... Height wins all in the air.

Thanks for this...looks like ill be playing Giroud up top then lol

AVENTUS

I really hope they've sorted the career mode I'm sick of winning the treble and being told "were looking at other candidates" when applying for a new job at another club is a load of bollox.

When simulating a match fix the glitch where both teams score on the exact same minute. It's been happening for the last 3 series's ffs.

Also once in a while drop an exceptional player in career mode somehwere somebody about 19 years old with a rating of 87 (the next Messi) or whatever

BobP

Memri Fan
Bought my favourite ever FIFA game ever the other day, FIFA 09.

Trying to relive the glory days, both of my youth, and of our banter era.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom