• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football - Season 17/18

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Looking forward to the Ligue 1 kicking off tonight. It's going to be an interesting season in my opinion, and even though it would take a big miracle for Monaco (or anyone but PSG) to do it again - there is so many quality players and managers littered throughout the league this year.

I couldn't find a thread for this.. if there already is one please merge.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Good start for AS Monaco yesterday coming back twice to win the game. They will need to step up their game though.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Watching the PSG-Amiens. Beautiful day in Paris.
Neymar presented to the fans before the game. Total mad ness.
Unfortunately he can't play though. Apparently Barca and La Liga are playing
petty and have not submitted his transfer documents yet.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Random but @carlito'sway who was that African midfielder who gave off Pogba vibes? He impressed me hugely from that one minute clip of him, I need to make an effort to watch him this season.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Random but @carlito'sway who was that African midfielder who gave off Pogba vibes? He impressed me hugely from that one minute clip of him, I need to make an effort to watch him this season.

Ah...I guess you are talking the Lille CM, Yves Bissouma. Interesting player.
Keep an eye on Thiago Maia as well at Lille. Superb talent.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Managed to catch the Monaco and (most of the) PSG games. It was a pretty easy welcome back to competitive football for Neymar-less PSG today.

Monaco had a bit of a rocky one last night but they still have some quality in the main areas with Fabinho at the heart of the team, Mbappe up front, Lemar (hopefully not for much longer) and the centre back pairing of Glik and Jemerson being relatively reliable. If their supporting cast can hit similar heights, they have a slight chance.

Shame that Lille vs Nantes is on during our game tomorrow - would have liked to see Bielsa vs Ranieri live.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Managed to catch the Monaco and (most of the) PSG games. It was a pretty easy welcome back to competitive football for Neymar-less PSG today.

Monaco had a bit of a rocky one last night but they still have some quality in the main areas with Fabinho at the heart of the team, Mbappe up front, Lemar (hopefully not for much longer) and the centre back pairing of Glik and Jemerson being relatively reliable. If their supporting cast can hit similar heights, they have a slight chance.

Shame that Lille vs Nantes is on during our game tomorrow - would have liked to see Bielsa vs Ranieri live.

PSG was on early season mode today. Took them time to get into their rhythm. Dani Alves is a top player though. Shocked to see him at that level at 34. Rabiot was good too today.
Monaco showed character by coming back twice and win the game. They will be ok even if Mbappe likely leaves. They are apparently close to get Dolberg from Ajax. Would be a top recruit.
The Lille-Nantes tomorrow is going to be interesting. Great opposition of style between the 2 managers.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

PSG was on early season mode today. Took them time to get into their rhythm. Dani Alves is a top player though. Shocked to see him at that level at 34. Rabiot was good too today.
Monaco showed character by coming back twice and win the game. They will be ok even if Mbappe likely leaves. They are apparently close to get Dolberg from Ajax. Would be a top recruit.
The Lille-Nantes tomorrow is going to be interesting. Great opposition of style between the 2 managers.

Agree. I think Jardim is simply a top manager.. it seems that no matter how big the revolving door, he always manages to improve the team on the other side. It'll be hard this time, obviously.. because the team they had assembled was just so fantastic. But I wouldn't rule him out. They have come on leaps and bounds from the team that eliminated us in the Champions League only 2 years ago.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Now that PSG has signed Neymar, I think they'll have sell a player two, and I wouldn't be surprised if Di Maria and Draxler were to get shopped around.

PSG's attack with Neymar includes Cavani, Di Maria, Draxler, Lucas, Pastore, Guedes, and Jese. I can't imagine that all of those players will stay. Cavani isn't leaving, Lucas is good friends with Neymar, Pastore isn't leaving either, and they just signed Guedes.

I hope Wenger can use his good relationship with PSG to buy a player as the club will need to sell someone this month.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Dom Marcelo is back. Bielsa' Lille beat Ranieri's Nantes 3-0 today.
Goals form Alonso, De Preville and El Ghazi. Impressive performance by Lille. Non stop pressing, fullbacks playing high up the field, close to 68% possession. that was fun to watch.
Thiago Mendes is a heck of a player in CM and Malcuit, if he continues to perform to that level, will be the next French NT RB.

On the third goal....Araujo the LW sends Kouame the LB into space for a cross to El Ghazy. Bielsa method.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Newells Old Boys fans went all the way to Lille to see Bielsa first game there. A number of Atletico Bilbao were there as well. Amazing.

Top Bottom