• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Draxler

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You have the first bit right, but the midfield bit is where Alexis becomes a liability. He loses possession so regularly that I prefer when he doesn't have and responsibility further back.

I'd go for a swap deal if Alexis doesn't want to sign, but we are never that lucky with deals.

I was alluding to his work when he doesn't have possesion
his movement, his hounding of the opposition, his pitbull nature

MiiTek

GUNNERS EYE DRAXLER MOVE

Arsenal are seriously considering making a raid forParis Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler, according to The Times.

The Germany international is said to have been told he is surplus to requirements at the club and is free to leave, with PSG wanting around £32m for Draxler.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
At 32m & with the futures of Alexis + Özil in serious doubt it would be crazy not to make a move. Draxler is a viable replacement for either player now we have the pace & workrate up front in Lacazette.

We should probably do it while Liverpool are playing hard to get with Barce as well. CL + Klopp could be an issue.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Alexis and Özil stay it will be useless to buy him because he'll not start ahead of them. I been saying that when we were linked with Mahrez its the same case with Draxler unless we get back playing 4-3-3 then Draxler will have a space to start.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Agreed.

Had a lot of time watching him here in the BL and there was never a doubt about his promsise - problem is he never, in like 5 years he's in the limelight now, managed to get consistency.

Does not help, if he's a worldclass game like the one in Camp Nou and after goes missing for 6 games again.
He's good but I start to doubt he'll ever be more than that.

ClubLevel

I would sell Walcott. Bring in Draxler/Lemar and still get a midfielder and defender in. We still got outgoings so not going to break the bank all that much and at least if Özil/Sanchez do leave its not that big a repair job.

karl

If Alexis and Özil stay it will be useless to buy him because he'll not start ahead of them. I been saying that when we were linked with Mahrez its the same case with Draxler unless we get back playing 4-3-3 then Draxler will have a space to start.
They are both getting on a bit and refuse to sign contracts for now anyway. The whole policy of not getting good quality backup has cost us time and again anyway. Personally I think with the 343 Draxler would be more useful than Özil because he offers goals.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's certainly interesting. Never watched him play but his characteristics on highlights are intriguing. Tall, but agile, technically gifted and a good dribbler.

Him and Iwobi as rotation with Alexis and Sanchez would be interesting.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Most sad summer in this forum in years, everything is closed but this one, and I don't think Draxler is going to come. Maybe and I am pessimistic with Arsène and this board, but that is what history did teach me while supporting Arsenal. Arsène is never going to set the team properly.

One Love

This is the exact type of signing Wenger loves to make to close out the window. Again, I'd be thrilled to have him. He'd really thrive in the Özil role and as others have mentioned -- his nose for goal could make him an upgrade eventually.

He can also play on the wings in 4-3-3.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Most sad summer in this forum in years, everything is closed but this one, and I don't think Draxler is going to come. Maybe and I am pessimistic with Arséne and this board, but that is what history did teach me while supporting Arsenal. Arséne is never going to set the team properly.
How about the cech only summer?

avalonhse

GUNNERS EYE DRAXLER MOVE

Arsenal are seriously considering making a raid forParis Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler, according to The Times.

The Germany international is said to have been told he is surplus to requirements at the club and is free to leave, with PSG wanting around £32m for Draxler.

Pls wake up, no one sells draxler for 32m at the moment, any newspaper said that then you know it is fake.

Remind me the news said that Lemar would move for 35m. I said it is impossible but people keeps saying that it is a steal.

When everyone said price is a steal, you know it is fake. When everyone question the price, you know it could be a steal. Like when Holding came, lots of fans are suspicious.

Lowest price for draxler is 40m imo.

Last edited:

tcahill

Pls wake up, no one sells draxler for 32m at the moment, any newspaper said that then you know it is fake.

Remind me the news said that Lemar would move for 35m. I said it is impossible but people keeps saying that it is a steal.

When everyone said price is a steal, you know it is fake. When everyone question the price, you know it could be a steal. Like when Holding came, lots of fans are suspicious.

Lowest price for draxler is 40m imo.

32 mill is plausible, there's not a huge demand for him, and PSG don't exactly need money, if they really do want to be rid of him they'd probably be happy with a 'lower' price.

avalonhse

32 mill is plausible, there's not a huge demand for him, and PSG don't exactly need money, if they really do want to be rid of him they'd probably be happy with a 'lower' price.

:D I has been right until now when saying Lemar and Seri would not come. Let's see what happened this time.

My reasoning for draxler price is: if a huge demand, 80m. No demand, 40m at least. If somebody makes a 32m bid, psg will be happy to keep him for rotation.

The key here is draxler is not unhappy, psg doesnt need money, so keeping him is better than selling. Look at real last year, they won both because 2nd string is even better than our 1st team.

This is how the rich does business. They will keep until the player is unhappy like Morata and James.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom