• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

A lot of the young fanbase including myself barely remember the good years as they were seen through the eyes of a young kid who had more interest in playing football than watching it.

We remember the bad quite clearly though so as @Dokaka said it seems like the number of bad years is approaching the number of good even if that isn't the case. If Wenger does leave in such circumstances does he have a legacy? If he gives us some highs but eventually leaves us where he picked us up from (or worse) what does that actually mean?
I had this out with @GDeep™ the other week

Preacher

Always Crying
There are new players and fans generation. When we witnessed old Arsenal and Wenger pre-Emirates, they were very young and probably don't remember much. The earliest clear memory is probably Arsenal in barren years ant the latest - current shambles. Wenger's legacy will increasingly be forgotten with passing time, if everything is going to continue as it is now. Soon young people will able to learn about it only in a history books. Nobody will became new Arsenal fan listening to what's happening right now around the club. I see this as the biggest threat. Club without fans is nothing. The bigger fanbase, the better.

BobP

Memri Fan
A lot of the young fanbase including myself barely remember the good years as they were seen through the eyes of a young kid who had more interest in playing football than watching it.

We remember the bad quite clearly though so as @Dokaka said it seems like the number of bad years is approaching the number of good even if that isn't the case. If Wenger does leave in such circumstances does he have a legacy? If he gives us some highs but eventually leaves us where he picked us up from (or worse) what does that actually mean?

You know, I was pretty on board up until the 2011-2012 season.

We'd been told things were going to be tough, money was tight and yet we were still quite competitive whilst playing some brilliant football. My feeling was that sure we may not be as competitive as we once were, but the stadium move is the correct move in the long term, we'll be back where we belong in no time. Furthermore, I adored some of the players we had during that period, and still do.

2011-2012 was when everything changed though, the summer window left me quite shook.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You know, I was pretty on board up until the 2011-2012 season.

We'd been told things were going to be tough, money was tight and yet we were still quite competitive whilst playing some brilliant football. My feeling was that sure we may not be as competitive as we once were, but the stadium move is the correct move in the long term, we'll be back where we belong in no time. Furthermore, I adored some of the players we had during that period, and still do.

2011-2012 was when everything changed though, the summer window left me quite shook.
You know 2011-12 was a sh** season overall but we had some great games in it. Towards the end of the season coming from behind to win in 5 consecutive games was amazing. I felt like that was the last Arsenal team we had that showed some amount of passion and character. The 5-2 against the **** was one of my best ever experiences as a fan. Probably better than the 5-3 against Boro or 3-2 against Bolton.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've been patient these last 5 or 6 years, how much torture do I have to endure?
What is this torture and failure you keep mentioning?

Top 4 finishes and FACup wins is about where we should be, for a club that can't outspend 3 others.

It's only now he's falling out of the top 4 and getting slaughtered by Liverpool that perhaps the guy has tried his last.

Anybody who thinks a new manager will get an FA Cup and a league title against oil money, unless they are very lucky, doesn't understand the modern football landscape.

Toast

Established Member
What is this torture and failure you keep mentioning?

Top 4 finishes and FACup wins is about where we should be, for a club that can't outspend 3 others.

It's only now he's falling out of the top 4 and getting slaughtered by Liverpool that perhaps the guy has tried his last.

Anybody who thinks a new manager will get an FA Cup and a league title against oil money, unless they are very lucky, doesn't understand the modern football landscape.

The club and manager disagree with you on that one.

Torture it is.
Well you may be perfectly happy with the dross football dished out year after year, but I'm not. FA Cup winners on 2 occasions when by rights we should have lost. Last time Lady Luck gave us a cushy run through to the Final. I could carry on writing my issues, but I'm not alone. The football is so poor, so predictable and now players are lazy and disinterested. This is quality of Sunday pub football leagues, but us with oodles of money, facilities and so called world class coaching. Don't make me laugh. Yes for me it is torture. Arsenal should not be producing this sort of quality and entertainment. Glad you are content.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wish you had. Dear god, I so wish you had.

Go now. If they were willing to fire Emery last summer, then they're willing to fire him now. Unless ofcourse you're too cowardly to take on a real challenge, where you won't be the be all and end all of a club.
When he failed to win the league with Neymar and Mbappe that would be the end of the charade. He's a coward. He'd have had everything at his disposal at PSG except excuses which are apparently what he values most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom