• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
When he failed to win the league with Neymar and Mbappe that would be the end of the charade. He's a coward. He'd have had everything at his disposal at PSG except excuses which are apparently what he values most.
Starting to understand why turned down Real Madrid and Bayern and PSG in the past. He likes to project himself as a miracle worker, a guy who overachieves with limited resources and for about a decade, he was successful at that. But he failed to take the next step as a manager and now he'll never be considered among the elitest group of managers because of his fear of failure at a club where there are serious expectations.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Starting to understand why turned down Real Madrid and Bayern and PSG in the past. He likes to project himself as a miracle worker, a guy who overachieves with limited resources and for about a decade, he was successful at that. But he failed to take the next step as a manager and now he'll never be considered among the elitest group of managers because of his fear of failure at a club where there are serious expectations.
Yup I've been saying it for months. He doesn't want a challenge. He wants the safe comfortable paycheck at Arsenal with virtually no chance at being sacked. If you go to PSG and they buy you Neymar and Mbappe then there is nowhere to hide if you don't win the league and the CL. You come in 4th with that squad and it's the door. You get bounced in the quarterfinals of the CL and it's the door.

If he actually had any ambition he would have leapt at that job with those resources. You have a great chance to win the one trophy that has eluded you in the CL and be a legend at 2 clubs by putting PSG on the map as true European power. Instead he would rather cry about how hard it is to compete at Arsenal. He's a conman with low self esteem who deep down knows he can't cut it at the highest level. He would rather portray himself as a martyr than actually have some success.

Like we all know that one person on social media who posts in detail about every struggle in their life because they're addicted to sympathy and they don't want to fix things because then the sympathy goes away. Well that's what manages our club now. A guy who would rather pretend to be hard done by than risk failing with a deck stacked for success.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yup I've been saying it for months. He doesn't want a challenge. He wants the safe comfortable paycheck at Arsenal with virtually no chance at being sacked. If you go to PSG and they buy you Neymar and Mbappe then there is nowhere to hide if you don't win the league and the CL. You come in 4th with that squad and it's the door. You get bounced in the quarterfinals of the CL and it's the door.

If he actually had any ambition he would have leapt at that job with those resources. You have a great chance to win the one trophy that has eluded you in the CL and be a legend at 2 clubs by putting PSG on the map as true European power. Instead he would rather cry about how hard it is to compete at Arsenal. He's a conman with low self esteem who deep down knows he can't cut it at the highest level. He would rather portray himself as a martyr than actually have some success.

Like we all know that one person on social media who posts in detail about every struggle in their life because they're addicted to sympathy and they don't want to fix things because then the sympathy goes away. Well that's what manages our club now. A guy who would rather pretend to be hard done by than risk failing with a deck stacked for success.
giphy.gif

Couldn't have put it any better

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Torture it is.
Well you may be perfectly happy with the dross football dished out year after year, but I'm not. FA Cup winners on 2 occasions when by rights we should have lost. Last time Lady Luck gave us a cushy run through to the Final. I could carry on writing my issues, but I'm not alone. The football is so poor, so predictable and now players are lazy and disinterested. This is quality of Sunday pub football leagues, but us with oodles of money, facilities and so called world class coaching. Don't make me laugh. Yes for me it is torture. Arsenal should not be producing this sort of quality and entertainment. Glad you are content.
Playing Man City and then Chelsea to win, we had to beat arguably the best two teams. And we beat them well. There's nothing cushy about that anyway.

We may have oodles of money compared to a Sunday league side but there are 3 teams in the league that can buy any player on the planet, you forget that.

And it may be torture to you but that 4-3 Leicester game this season was something else. My brother-in -law phoned after the match, whose a Liverpool supporter, and said that was one of the most entertaining games he'd ever seen. And that's what football is . . . entertainment.

If Mourinho came and parked the bus I'd stop watching even though I'm a third generation supporter.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
When he failed to win the league with Neymar and Mbappe that would be the end of the charade. He's a coward. He'd have had everything at his disposal at PSG except excuses which are apparently what he values most.

He wouldn't last a season at PSG or any other major club, and that is the truth.

He has it made at Arsenal. Deteriorating position in the league, ruin the brand, alienate the players, demoralise the fanbase, get a pay rise.

I think we've all had long enough to weigh up exactly what it is we'll be waving goodbye to.

A great man who gave us 3 PL, 6 FA Cup titles, Unbeaten season and first CL final! Helped a lot with the transition from Highbury to Emirtaes by keeping us competitive with little money to spend!

I'm very thankful for everything Wenger has done for the club but it will also be exciting to see more modern manager at the helm!

Tywin

Very little money to spend heh. Enough to buy Xabi Alonso in 2009 though shame he rated Diaby and Denilson highly enough to believe we didn't need Alonso.

https://www.google.com.vn/amp/metro...al-were-3m-away-from-signing-him-6531823/amp/

Wenger has had a decent sized budget to spend since 2009 which could have pushed us on to become league champions but he preferred to keep faith in the substandard **** in our squad. Money was not the issue it was Wengers poor judgement that held us back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A great man who gave us 3 PL, 6 FA Cup titles, Unbeaten season and first CL final! Helped a lot with the transition from Highbury to Emirtaes by keeping us competitive with little money to spend!

I'm very thankful for everything Wenger has done for the club but it will also be exciting to see more modern manager at the helm!
I'd have shed a tear if he went a couple of years ago, but not now. I'll look back at the good times because they were good personal memories, but he stayed long enough for his mask to slip and reveal that he's quite a self-centered man. Shame, but we ll have our faults.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wish you had. Dear god, I so wish you had.

Go now. If they were willing to fire Emery last summer, then they're willing to fire him now. Unless ofcourse you're too cowardly to take on a real challenge, where you won't be the be all and end all of a club.
He could have gone to a PSG where he'd be wanted, with unlimited spending . . . . the coward.

Instead the he chose to stay loyal to Arsenal with limited spending, still wanting them to improve. . . . . facing all those angry fans in and outside the stadium, and those humiliating planes telling the whole world he's not wanted, and those social media posts from Piers Morgan saying he's worse than useless week in week out.

What a coward.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You and @Toast have been critical of Wenger and the board for saying they have the resources to challenge for the league, and then not delivering on their promises.

Now your saying Wenger projects himself as a manager working with limited resources.

Can you have it both ways? Of course you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom