• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Tbh, Klopp also says this:
"We will analyse what Arsenal did in the last two games, after that I can say maybe, OK, Mesut was involved in one or two defensive situations (against Stoke), but I don't know to talk about it in public."
That is, in effect, if he sees a weakness he can exploit, he won't talk about it in public where he is quietly polite.

Also, Mesut Özil has received a fair amount of criticism in the national team too. Was not that involved during the WC 2014 and many called for him to be dropped.

Good player Mesut but I'm with Wrighty, sign the contract and go out there and help us perform better instead of sulking behind a keyboard and making himself a martyr.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
"We will analyse what Arsenal did in the last two games, after that I can say maybe, OK, Mesut was involved in one or two defensive situations (against Stoke), but I don't know to talk about it in public."
That is, in effect, if he sees a weakness he can exploit, he won't talk about it in public where he is quietly polite.

Also, Mesut Özil has received a fair amount of criticism in the national team too. Was not that involved during the WC 2014 and many called for him to be dropped.

Good player Mesut but I'm with Wrighty, sign the contract and go out there and help us perform better instead of sulking behind a keyboard and making himself a martyr.
we need to draw players to sign for us...

we need some of these:

1. rich history and worldwide recognition, which a player will appreciate, e.g., Milan, Barca (in the nineties).

2. smashing wage budget (like ManUre)

3. success in the league, like Leicester or Monaco.

4. extremely talented players.

when guys like Özil/Alexis look around, they would see only Cech/Kosc who are very talented, so they ask for a lot of money to stay, which we do not offer.

seems like the only draws we have left is Wenger and London.

BBF

HATE to break it to you all but he isn't lazy... not compared to some players on our team anyway.

Total Distance Covered (km) 2016/2017:
1: Monreal - 352.73
2: Özil - 318.97
3: Xhaka - 315.80
4: Sanchez - 315.27
5: Koscielny - 306.37

Average per game (km) 2016/2017:
1: Xhaka - 10.9
2: Monreal - 10.08
3: Özil - 9.97
4: Mustafi - 9.76
5: Koscielny - 9.57

Sanchez runs 8.52km a game on average for those who are interested.

Edit: (source) https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...ut-Özil-stat-that-proves-hes-not-at-all-lazy/

Sad state of affairs that our two CB's are 4th and 5th in distance covered per match on average. CB's should have the least amount of running as outfield players. Just goes to prove El Nenny, Coquelin and Ramsey can't defend for ****.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sad state of affairs that our two CB's are 4th and 5th in distance covered per match on average. CB's should have the least amount of running as outfield players. Just goes to prove El Nenny, Coquelin and Ramsey can't defend for ****.
I don;t know about the least... Do they not count the KMs traveled up for corners etc? They have to cross the half way line a bit if we have lots of possession. I am not saying you are way off the mark with that statement just that it isn't necessarily relevant to the structure/tactics... Although it is here, i believe ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The lazy argument is so old. It can't be disputed that he covers lots of ground. You don't need numbers to prove that. Anyone thats watched him live will know that it doesn't stop jogging. People who say he's lazy simply mean he doesn't track back or make defensive sprints. He switches off too easily.

As for centre backs covering lots of ground, that could mean lots of things. For a start we like to push high up and are forever losing the ball, which means they are constantly running backwards and forwards all game. I'll say that's one reason the CBs clock up a lot of mileage anyway.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
As for centre backs covering lots of ground, that could mean lots of things. For a start we like to push high up and are forever losing the ball, which means they are constantly running backwards and forwards all game. I'll say that's one reason the CBs clock up a lot of mileage anyway.
:DHeadless chucks!!!

BBF

I don;t know about the least... Do they not count the KMs traveled up for corners etc? They have to cross the half way line a bit if we have lots of possession. I am not saying you are way off the mark with that statement just that it isn't necessarily relevant to the structure/tactics... Although it is here, i believe ;)

Midfielders/fullbacks run up and down the edges of the pitch all the time. There's no secret to why CB's and GK's have the longest longevity, and can play at the highest level with a belly. I think it says a lot imo

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

You can say the same of any player. No player is perfect. Not Messi. Not Ronaldo. Not even Diego Frickin' Maradona. They all have weaknesses that can be exploited. Besides, you've missed my point, which was that if Özil is being overrated it's not "by Arsenal fans and only by Arsenal fans" as was claimed.

Also, I spoke of the criticism of Özil during the 2014 World Cup earlier in this thread. The pundits kept talking about how terrible he was and couldn't understand why Low didn't drop him. But when it was all over, Özil was lifting the World Cup trophy and had some of the most impressive statistics in the tournament. Here's how the "terrible" Özil of the 2014 World Cup stacked up statistically among the top players in the competition:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/07/1...zil-did-better-than-anybody-else-at-world-cu/

But statistics don't tell the whole story either. The thing about Mesut is that he looks different than other players. People are impressed by great bursts of speed and athleticism. That's not Özil. He lurks around the pitch almost unnoticed at times, yet all the while he's making the right decisions, creating space for his teammates by drawing defenders out of position, threading passes through spaces in the defense. Özil's game is selflessness. He's content to do the things it takes to help his teammates shine. Cristiano Ronaldo nicknamed him "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" because he was the little magician who leaves the limelight to his flashier teammates. He still is. He just needs teammates who can finish a little better (and hopefully he has that now with Lacazette in the fold).

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
He tracked back many times for Deutschland and was everywhere on the pitch. He really enjoys playing for Die Mannschaft it seems.

Jae

To be fair as well mate, I reckon Monreal played CB for a good half of those games as well :lol:

Reactions: BBF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom