• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

JHusMan

The squad needs to be rebuilt and players that do not serve a purpose need to be sold. We hold onto players for sentimental value and yet claim we have a limited budget. In order to spend we have to sell, so this whole we can only buy 3 players because it affects stability is nonsense. The squad needs to be rebuilt and players have to go.

You can have 17 foreigners and the rest have to be home grown with a limit of 25. We should therefore be aiming to have 17 quality foreigners and about 5 quality home grown with the other quality home grown likely to be under 21 anyway.

Foreigners to sell :
Ospina (8m) No explanation needed
Debuchy (free) - No explanation needed.
Campbell (5m) - No explanation needed.
Perez (10m) - No explanation needed.
Mustafi (25m) We can do better.
Elneny (10m) Simply isn't good enough.
Cazorla (free) Don't keep him just for sentimental reasons.
Mertesacker (retired).

Thats 78m

Foreigners to keep

Cech
Koscielny
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Monreal

HG to sell

Walcott (20m) No explanation needed
Welbeck (15m) Hes a striker who cant finish.
Chambers/Holding (20m) one needs to go, can't keep both.
Coquelin (8m) AMN can do what he can do and more.

Thats 121 million + 80 million (minimum) budget. So if we say 200 million and look at what we are left with.

GK: ?????*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/??????*
RB: Bellerin*/??????*
CB:??????/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/???????
DM: AMN*
CM: Xhaka/Wilshere*
CM: ????????/Ramsey*
RM: Iwobi*/Nelson
LM:??????
AM: ??????
CF: Lacazette/Giroud

Thats 8 players that need to come in, but not 8 starters and not 8 foreigners.

GK: Butland*/Cech/Macey*
LB: Kolasinac/Tierney*
RB: Bellerin*/Cheap rb (8m)
CB: Koubailly/Holding*
CB: Koscielny/De Vrij
DM: AMN*
CM: Xhaka/Wilshere*
CM: Goretzka/Ramsey*
RM: Iwobi*/Nelson
LM: Forsberg
AM: Fekir
CF: Lacazette/Giroud

In:

Goretzka (Free)
De Vrij (Free)
Butland 20m
Tierney 12m
Fekir 50 m
Forsberg 50m
Koubailly 60m
right back (8m)
Thats 200m spent.

Thanks to our lunacy Lemar is going to cost 100m. So we either win the Europa league and buy him with the prize money and make 0 profit. Or we simply by Forsberg and forget Lemar.

The key is selling players.

You're playing up to the whole "we have no money" jargon. That's only related to wages. This summer coming a huge amount of wages will disperse. You're looking at £300k a week in just Özil and Alexis alone.

Wilshere and Cazorla will contribute another £190k p/w to that and then Mertesacker with a further £70k p/w. So the players who are out of contract will recoup £26m a year in wages.

AST firmly stated that there was a budget of £90M this summer. That was backed up by us with the £46.5M deal for Lacazette and then swiftly bidding £40-45M for Lemar soon after the Szczesny deal was done.

£43.5M (Budget left)
Szczesny sold (10M) (60K P/w)
Gabriel sold (10M) (50K P/w)
Toral sold (3M)
Hinds sold (2M)
Gibbs sold (7M) (65K P/w)
Oxlade Chamberlain sold (£35M) (65K P/w)

After Kolasinac and Lacazette we free'd up £240K per week in wages. The whole "Lacazette and Kolasinac wage is factored in" is absolute bullshit. We're well within the 7M extra guideline with the wages of the players we've sold now off the wage-bill.

So budget wise? Well we should have had £110.5M to spend. With that in mind and knowing a further £560K P/w in wages could be gone by the time we get to next summer we, Arsenal football club, should have £200M to spend on transfer fees without any outgoings from that window. If we get back into the CL even better, an extra £30-50M.

Positions I think Arsenal business LTD will address next window -

Centre half.
Central midfield.
Alexis replacement.
Özil replacement.

Who would I sign knowing we have a budget of £200M and are allowed to dig in with wages in quite a big way? Well...

First things first you go and get Draxler in the winter window, Mbappe and Neymar are going to take his game time and ahead of a world cup I don't think he'll like that. The price? Probably around £35-40M with all things considered. Draxler is currently on £90K P/w at PSG. Offer him £100K P/w here, job done.

Budget left - £160M and 400K P/w in wages.

Next summer you go out and sign Thomas Lemar for £92M, no ifs no buts that's the price. Wenger confirmed we'll go back in for him, that's what we'll have to offer. £125k P/w in wages, job done.

Budget left - £68M and 275K P/w in wages.

So you've sorted out the Özil and Alexis replacements, got in your number one target in the process. You now turn to centre half and central midfield as we're losing two from midfield and one from the back. £68M is enough to buy quality players in both of those areas.

I'd personally spend £30M on Seri (100k P/w) and then go for Koulibaly as the tall, dominant centre back to replace Mertesacker. However that may be an issue in our budget, we'd need CL football. He'd cost around £60M. Make CL football, get the extra £30M in and go for him. £150K P/w.

Money spent - £230M. Wages now null/void.

Players out - Özil, Alexis, Mertesacker, Wilshere, Cazorla. Players in Koulibaly, Seri, Draxler, Lemar.

Anyone else wants out like Bellerin, Mustafi etc then you replace them with the likes of Manolas and such. I'm pretty sure we'll look to shift at least one of Welbeck/Walcott/Ramsey who are on the last year of their deals as well. Ideally I'd look to sell Welbeck and bring Perez back into the squad after his loan.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
people are naive if they think rebuilding is so easy

just because you guys are disappointed in Özil and Alexis now you totally downplay their quality

Draxler/Lemar et al aren't at their level (they might become but aren't there now)

Without the quality that players like Alexis and Özil brings to the table we are a lesser team and why would Draxler/Lemar want to join a lesser team?

Without them we won't get Draxler/Lemar level players at all tbh

JHusMan

people are naive if they think rebuilding is so easy

just because you guys are disappointed in Özil and Alexis now you totally downplay their quality

Draxler/Lemar et al aren't at their level (they might become but aren't there now)

Without the quality that players like Alexis and Özil brings to the table we are a lesser team and why would Draxler/Lemar want to join a lesser team?

Without them we won't get Draxler/Lemar level players at all tbh

Rebuilding isn't easy but buying players who have a high ceiling and are also top players now is the best start you can make.

Özil + Alexis + Giroud/Welbeck (now Lacazette obviously)

Lemar + Draxler/Mahrez + Lacazette/Giroud

The latter trio, in my opinion, would give the same output as what the current trio gives us. Özil isn't for this league, replacing him with someone like Lemar is perfect.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rebuilding isn't easy but buying players who have a high ceiling and are also top players now is the best start you can make.

Özil + Alexis + Giroud/Welbeck (now Lacazette obviously)

Lemar + Draxler/Mahrez + Lacazette/Giroud

The latter trio, in my opinion, would give the same output as what the current trio gives us. Özil isn't for this league, replacing him with someone like Lemar is perfect.
There are some players who suit us so much, but we never bother...

Draxler, MahrezCarrick, Kante....I don;t know why we keep holes in our teams while the other clubs have three players for each position.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Next summer. Team should be

Butland
Don't really care 3 CB
Bellerin - Sergei - Xhaka - Seo
Sterling - Lacazette - Lemar
I doubt we can get our hands on Sterling without a shock, January swap for Sanchez. Lemar also seems to feel he's too good for the club, and he's probably right. Butland would be a perfect, attainable signing though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Buy Mahrez in January. Shift Sanchez.

Keep Özil, sign VvD, Seri and Lemar in the summer.

We wil need to qualify for the champions league for this club to re-establish itself though.

JHusMan

Well Wenger said he'll spend £60-70M to replace Sanchez. Lemar was £75M + £17M add ons. One would assume that'll be the replacement.

tcahill

Players with their contracts expiring soon in positons that we need;

CM: Goreztka, Isco, Can,
CB: De Vrij, Gimenez

Even one of these lads would significantly improve us. Make a low offer in Jan or nab one for free next season. It'd be so easy.

BobP

Memri Fan

Even one of these lads would significantly improve us. Make a low offer in Jan or nab one for free next season. It'd be so easy.

From those 5, the only ones who I could see coming here are Goreztka and De Vrij, and tbh I wouldn't have it any other way.

I rate De Vrij very highly, better than VdV IMO, just not hyped up as much.

Hinderz

If our current players want out/wont re-sign and we got these guys in on the "cheap" it would be a miracle.
Sanchez -> Lemar
Mustafi -> De Vrij
Özil -> Isco
Ramsey -> Goreztka

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
As well as Kolasinac appears to be working out, I'd get busy in January signing 2018 Bosmans. These guys are pending to be available:

Leon Goretzka, CM, Schalke
Max Meyer, AM, Schalke
Jose Gimenez, CB, Atletico Madrid
Kepa Arrizabalaga, GK, Athletic Bilbao

And, of course, Messi could be available. :D (Hey, if you believe reports out of Spain, he sounded out Arsenal before signing his last contract.)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Messi will go back to Pep. The Man City owners have already stated they'll be making a big signing soon.

Top Bottom