• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You mentioned Lukaku had over 20 shots, but the question is, how many of those are precisely fed by his teammates? The truth is some of them are, but not many.
In fact, some of the shots are created by half chances from teammates' passes (and turn into golden chances by Lukaku). And some of the shots are created by Lukaku himself without the help of his teammates.

Lacazette is a great finisher, but he can't create goal scoring chance for himself.
Look at Suarez for instance, a couple of step overs or elasticos will position himself into a goal scoring position. Or take Lukaku as an example, he can just bump off a few defenders to achieve the same.

Lacazette on the other hand would struggle to do the same. He'll only get 2-3 chances in big games. I'm sure with his finishing quality he will have no problem bagging in 1-2 of them. But Lukaku could easily score as much by taking more shots.

In PL, a lot of teams are using a system of zonal marking+deep defensive line. It's very difficult to drag defenders out of position with just pace+movement. In order to be a top class attacking player, a combination of (skills/body strength)+pace+movement is needed.

Very Good Observation.

I agree. Yes Lukaku does waste a lot of chances, but he creates most of his goals himself. This is why Sanchez is so highly valued is that he doesn't need the perfect pass to score a goal. He can wiggle one out of nothing.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The goal Lacazette scored against Bournemouth was not even half a chance turned into a goal so he is obviously capable of scoring on his own.

The biggest plus for Lacazette is that aside from his excellent finishing skills he has the build up play and passing of a midfielder and can easily set up another goalscorer like Alexis or Giroud when they are playing, so it's the perfect combination of goals and assists for him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The goal Lacazette scored against Bournemouth was not even half a chance turned into a goal so he is obviously capable of scoring on his own.

The biggest plus for Lacazette is that aside from his excellent finishing skills he has the build up play and passing of a midfielder and can easily set up another goalscorer like Alexis or Giroud when they are playing, so it's the perfect combination of goals and assists for him.
That goal was a result from his great finishing ability, which I never questioned. But that is not an example of scoring on his own.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
That goal was a result from his great finishing ability, which I never questioned. But that is not an example of scoring on his own.
So you mean dribble and score?

I don't get your meaning of scoring on your own. So long as his goals aren't all one touch finishes/tap ins, that's good enough for me. Look at Aubameyang, Higuain, Lewandowski, neither score many goals of that type that you mean but are not really questioned because of that.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He's gonna be major for us. Guy is adjusting to pace and physicality of PL and playstyle of his teammates in a team that was sabotaged by an ignorant manager. Regardless of that hes already having an impact and could have had more if he wasn't surrounded by so many average players.

Last seasons, on many occasions we've witnessed Alexis and Özil passing the ball to each other, ignoring teammates in fear of them losing the ball.

Once Özil and Sanchez start clicking again he will be on fire since they finally have a third person in the team who sees space, can actually give a pass and is lethal in front of goal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The most impressive thing about the goal was that in that split second he saw that Begovic's positioning was off and had his angles wrong, which is why he went for height instead of shooting along the ground. It seems like when he has time on the ball he assesses the goalkeeper's position well before taking his shot on. Henry used to do that all the time, choosing his shot based on something as minute as which leg the keeper was leaning on.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You mentioned Lukaku had over 20 shots, but the question is, how many of those are precisely fed by his teammates? The truth is some of them are, but not many.
In fact, some of the shots are created by half chances from teammates' passes (and turn into golden chances by Lukaku). And some of the shots are created by Lukaku himself without the help of his teammates.

Lacazette is a great finisher, but he can't create goal scoring chance for himself.
Look at Suarez for instance, a couple of step overs or elasticos will position himself into a goal scoring position. Or take Lukaku as an example, he can just bump off a few defenders to achieve the same.

Lacazette on the other hand would struggle to do the same. He'll only get 2-3 chances in big games. I'm sure with his finishing quality he will have no problem bagging in 1-2 of them. But Lukaku could easily score as much by taking more shots.

In PL, a lot of teams are using a system of zonal marking+deep defensive line. It's very difficult to drag defenders out of position with just pace+movement. In order to be a top class attacking player, a combination of (skills/body strength)+pace+movement is needed.

That goal against bournemouth only shows how good he is in finishing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So you mean dribble and score?

I don't get your meaning of scoring on your own. So long as his goals aren't all one touch finishes/tap ins, that's good enough for me. Look at Aubameyang, Higuain, Lewandowski, neither score many goals of that type that you mean but are not really questioned because of that.
He means a player who can dribble and score basically. Like an Henry. He mentioned Suarez' dribbling and Lukaku being able to carry the ball due to his strength. Lacazette is competent I this area without being especially good at it but as you correctly pointed out, most of the other strikers aren't exactly exceptional ball carriers either.

You'd have to pay a hot premium for any striker capable of carrying the ball nowadays anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He means a player who can dribble and score basically. Like an Henry. He mentioned Suarez' dribbling and Lukaku being able to carry the ball due to his strength. Lacazette is competent I this area without being especially good at it but as you correctly pointed out, most of the other strikers aren't exactly exceptional ball carriers either.

You'd have to pay a hot premium for any striker capable of carrying the ball nowadays anyway.
I don't even think it's as much dribbling. Just making a yard of space with a bit of skill or quick feet, with a good hard accurate shot, will do. Look at Welbeck for example... All the speed and strength he needs, but still needs someone to do the work for him. But then Giroud, with the athleticism and speed of a dead person, can shift a ball or make more of a tight spot before rifling home than Welbeck ever could.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't even think it's as much dribbling. Just making a yard of space with a bit of skill or quick feet, with a good hard accurate shot, will do. Look at Welbeck for example... All the speed and strength he needs, but still needs someone to do the work for him. But then Giroud, with the athleticism and speed of a dead person, can shift a ball or make more of a tight spot before rifling home than Welbeck ever could.
If those are the margins then it can be argued that Lacazette is capable of doing the same thing.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The lad's going to score a hatload of chances - whether we win anything or not due to his prowess in front of goal is another question.

Poor old Arsène just can't seem to put a good enough 11 out on the pitch. Although, finally there is a striker (4 years after we buy Özil) who can benefit from Özil's vision with enough pace & skill to get behind a defence.

Maybe by the end of his tenure he'll have got his midfield sorted,

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

It's sad we couldn't offer that extra premium to get a better striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom