• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't even think it's as much dribbling. Just making a yard of space with a bit of skill or quick feet, with a good hard accurate shot, will do. Look at Welbeck for example... All the speed and strength he needs, but still needs someone to do the work for him. But then Giroud, with the athleticism and speed of a dead person, can shift a ball or make more of a tight spot before rifling home than Welbeck ever could.

Welbeck is a great player but under-shadowed by his inconsistency in finishing. He offered a lot more than scoring goals for the team tho, so it will be unfair to make a direct comparison of him to other strikers. But because of his poor finishing, I agree he is not a top striker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't even think it's as much dribbling. Just making a yard of space with a bit of skill or quick feet, with a good hard accurate shot, will do. Look at Welbeck for example... All the speed and strength he needs, but still needs someone to do the work for him. But then Giroud, with the athleticism and speed of a dead person, can shift a ball or make more of a tight spot before rifling home than Welbeck ever could.
Just quick feet and good shot will do? Sounds like you would be satisfied with signing Defoe.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think Lacazette is more Ian Wright type striker...which is fantastic. If he can become a goalscorer like Wrighty was for us...he'll be a legend.

He's not Thierry Henry...few are that type of players. In fact, there aren't in World Football currently except for Messi at 30 still. The game has change where it's more about efficiency than Va Va Voom or Joga Bonito. This happened when Messi and Ronaldo started competing against each other in a ridiculous fashion.

I can't wait until the next flair attacking player comes through...hopefully it is with us.

tcahill

Only player Lacazette reminds me of is Aguero. Short, quick, fairly strong, good technical ability, and with an excellent shot. The type of player we've needed for many years. The 'French Walcott' comparisons i've seen a few times here are just silly.

Arsenal1508

Only player Lacazette reminds me of is Aguero. Short, quick, fairly strong, good technical ability, and with an excellent shot. The type of player we've needed for many years. The 'French Walcott' comparisons i've seen a few times here are just silly.

Hopefully, but Aguero can dribble a bit before getting his shot off. He also toys with defenders.
Lacazette is not the same type...he is a fox in the box.

cloista

I said earlier in the thread that his awareness and technique actually reminds me of Bergkamp when he first joined us, when he was more focused on goal scoring than he was in later years.

DasBootist

I can't wait until the next flair attacking player comes through...hopefully it is with us.
I admit to having visions of Wenger somehow aqcuiring Mbappe during the summer, and the kid going on to surpass Henry's record with us, but alas, he ended up at FFP's best budds.

tcahill

Hopefully, but Aguero can dribble a bit before getting his shot off. He also toys with defenders.

Have you seen Lacazette on the ball? He's so comfortable in possession. His main weakness is aerial ability, and his hold up play is decent at best.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I agree. Aguero can get pass a few defenders with skills but Lacazette cant. That's the different between a world class striker and a good striker. I'm not saying a world class striker must have crazy skills, but at least they should be nightmares for defenders.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
In the Leicester game he shuffled the ball between two players and almost scored with his left foot. Schmeichel made a great save. He can definitely do it. But he is not a flashy player, his game is based on efficiency. If he can create space for himself with just positioning or basic body feints he'll do that instead of trying to dribble his way through 3 or 4 players.

Arsenal1508

Like I said...he is more Ian Wright than Henry. Nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully a better version of Wiltord.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Like I said...he is more Ian Wright than Henry. Nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully a better version of Wiltord.

Shouldn't that read 'WILTOOOOOORD!'? ;)

Re: Lacazette, though we're sorely lacking in dribblers, nothing wrong with him primarily being a lethally efficient finisher; we've needed one for years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just quick feet and good shot will do? Sounds like you would be satisfied with signing Defoe.
Mate, you could count the amount of dribbling strikers in world football on one hand and you can be sure that they're too good for us.

A striker who can create a yard for a shot is much more important than one who can dribble. Strikers at the highest level are all excellent finishers, it's all about getting shots off.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Mate, you could count the amount of dribbling strikers in world football on one hand and you can be sure that they're too good for us.

A striker who can create a yard for a shot is much more important than one who can dribble. Strikers at the highest level are all excellent finishers, it's all about getting shots off.

There's also plenty of strikers who are world class yet you wouldn't call them 'dribbling strikers'. Good post @Trilly .

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I agree. Aguero can get pass a few defenders with skills but Lacazette cant. That's the different between a world class striker and a good striker. I'm not saying a world class striker must have crazy skills, but at least they should be nightmares for defenders.
Aguero is the ultimate fox in the box. How many goals has he scored by dribbling past defenders?
Compare this with this and you'll see they score a lot of similar type of goals.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Aguero is the ultimate fox in the box. How many goals has he scored by dribbling past defenders?
Compare this with this and you'll see they score a lot of similar type of goals.
Aguero is actually the perfect example of this.

Excellent ball control, acceleration, good with booth feet and a low center of gravity. All the ingredients to be a devastating dribbler yet he only does enough to create room for a shot. You'll find nobody complaining that he doesn't dribble past players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom