• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Don't know the details but it sounds like Bramall had a good game, Birmingham's fans seem content.

Jenkinson meanwhile got injured (dislocated shoulder). Redknapp says he'll be out for a long time.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Good goal. Should get him a loan in the UK next season. He was very highly rated from what I remember when we signed him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our youth talent pool has got me so excited. I can't wait to see Nwakali in Arsenal shirt :drool:
The Nigerian national team need to stop dicking around and call him up for some caps so he can get his permit! :lol:

I'm pleased so far with the development of quite a few of our players in the last season or so. Most of the time, the players get to a good spot but then their development goes wrong, but this lot I am more confident about. I made mention a while ago about the mutability of Iwobi, Maitland-Niles and Nelson - it seems they have a rugged mentality to go with it and I'm certain they'll be permanent fixtures in the squad for a long while. Along with others aswell - DaSilva has shown why Wenger rates him so much, Jeff's getting back into form too and Willock is adapting to a higher level and looking to be a potentially complete player.

This is an exciting time IMO. The big issue for me is not talent or even application. It's opportunity. There must be an incentive, otherwise we will miss out. Nwakali is a no-brainer himself. He looks to be a really exciting player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Perez came on and looked pretty anonymous for Depor earlier. Hopefully for him it's just rust and he can start getting some games under his belt.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
The Nigerian national team need to stop dicking around and call him up for some caps so he can get his permit! :lol:

I'm pleased so far with the development of quite a few of our players in the last season or so. Most of the time, the players get to a good spot but then their development goes wrong, but this lot I am more confident about. I made mention a while ago about the mutability of Iwobi, Maitland-Niles and Nelson - it seems they have a rugged mentality to go with it and I'm certain they'll be permanent fixtures in the squad for a long while. Along with others aswell - DaSilva has shown why Wenger rates him so much, Jeff's getting back into form too and Willock is adapting to a higher level and looking to be a potentially complete player.

This is an exciting time IMO. The big issue for me is not talent or even application. It's opportunity. There must be an incentive, otherwise we will miss out. Nwakali is a no-brainer himself. He looks to be a really exciting player.

In the long term, where do you see da Silva and Willock's positions at?

I've noticed the former's been deployed everywhere except maybe CB and GK; wouldn't want their versatility to become the very thing that stunts their growth, as with others before them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In the long term, where do you see da Silva and Willock's positions at?

I've noticed the former's been deployed everywhere except maybe CB and GK; wouldn't want their versatility to become the very thing that stunts their growth, as with others before them.
It's up in the air with Dasilva. He's a malleable player in the sense that he's a good, powerful athlete who is very comfortable on the ball. Logic says central midfield but playing left back isn't out of the question.

Joe Willock is a no-brainer for me. He looks every inch the #8 since he's made the switch. Can't really see him anywhere else except CM. His skills gained from being an attacking midfielder/winger definitely make him more rounded.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It's up in the air with Dasilva. He's a malleable player in the sense that he's a good, powerful athlete who is very comfortable on the ball. Logic says central midfield but playing left back isn't out of the question.

Joe Willock is a no-brainer for me. He looks every inch the #8 since he's made the switch. Can't really see him anywhere else except CM. His skills gained from being an attacking midfielder/winger definitely make him more rounded.
J. Willock has apparently made the most tackles out of any player in PL2 so far, he looks a very complete player indeed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Stat I came across on twitter earlier:

DJde0BnWAAAn2yw.jpg

Explains why he's playing wide instead of upfront.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Martinez apparently not played a single game yet, not going well :/

Kanonier

Joel Campbell played today for Betis after a 3 month injury spell. Betis was losing 0-4 against Valencia, so they brought in Joel at minute 78th. He scored the 1-4 at minute 79th, made an assist for the 2-4 at the 80th minute, and started a great play for the 3-4 at the 85th minute. He single handedly brought back Betis in the game and at one point was even close to equalizing the game. They ended up losing 3-6 but it was a great performance by Joel and the home crowd gave him a loud cheer. He was sprinting, tackling, tracking back defensively, and taking on players like a mad man. Showed more grit and enthusiasm than our entire team did against Watford yesterday. He could be doing a lot more on the RW than any of the bums we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom