• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anybody know what the **** it says?

breaking%2Bnews.jpg

EDIT: OK - they've sanctioned his immediate move to Arsenal. 1st signing done and dusted & the window ain't open. Transfer windows might just become a lot more fun!!

redanddread

WTF! It's the DM boys & girls so use that pinch of salt wisely

The Germans are coming!!!

Arsenal 'set to pay £1.75m' to buy Michael Zorc out of Borussia Dortmund contract and appoint German in new sporting director role
  • Michael Zorc credited with developing Robert Lewandowski and Marco Reus
  • Borussia Dortmund chief would take new post if Arsenal buy out contract
  • Bild report Gunners need to pay £1.75 to secure Zorc as sporting director
  • 55-year-old's position at Emirates expected to be announced in coming days

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ia-Dortmund-s-Michael-Zorc.html#ixzz4yzONSeeN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
So give us your take on this then.....

For the last few months he was 'Head of professional football' at Dortmund, I am not sure what exactly that means :lol: The chief scout duties he gave up a little while ago. Markus Pilawa is the chief scout of Dortmund these days.

He was for sure a big part of Dortmund's revival from 2008 onwards, after Aki Watzke, Kloppo and Michale Zorc, no one likely had more influence than Mislintat. They whre like the perfect union, which sort of went a bit wrong with Tuchel who of course famously (in Germany at least!) fell out with him.

He also was by the way an analyst for Dortmund, I do not know if he is going to be at Arsenal too? He would analyze every game from the stands and cut video ready for the coach at half time.

So yeah, I would say a very good addition to Arsenal, I am not sure what his role title is yet? Can't blame him for going, he has been at Dortmund 10 years, so I guess he feels this is a great and exciting opportunity for him.

redanddread

Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that Sven is joining us. Identifying and developing talent is a core part of our philosophy and Sven has an outstanding track record over many years.

“We look forward to him taking our existing recruitment approach forwards.”

FinnGooner

Established Member
Hopefully we'll let him do his job. Next summer might be the busiest of Wenger era. Having to possibly replace Alexis, Özil, Giroud, Mustafi and hopefully upgrading on Elneny/Coq and Walcott.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Earlier we used to have clubs making a beeline for the hottest new talents. Now, we're seeing competition for the best scouts to spot those talents. Soon there'll be scouts that identify scouts with potential.

I saw a brilliant 9 year old playing in the park at the weekend. I noticed that a few others (probably scouts) were watching him. I think I may now be hot property :)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's a good step in the right direction. Hopefully it works. Is Zorc coming too or is that a step too far? Where does that leave Overmars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom