• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were actually playing a 4-2-3-1 after Mustafi went off and we dominated the game, so if Wenger goes by the Man Utd game's numbers, that's a reason to switch it back.

I'm not saying Wenger should or shouldn't do it, just what his reasoning might be.
True

But he was chasing a game that had got away from him because of two individual mistakes. It was take a risk time.

He'll be more cautious away at Southampton.

OSBK

Established Member
Dont think it matters what formation we play. If we play half as well going forward as we did against united we will win this 5 or 6

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So the high ×G stat counted when you thought it was 3 at the back, but now that you know it was 4 you discard it as "he was taking a risk"?

Tisk tisk :rolleyes:
:lol: Think the high xG was more to do with our golden triangle backed up by Ramsey on a purple.

Got stung by a breakaway for a third because we didn't have three at the back :p

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No one calls them that except you. :lol:
Read it and weep :p
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/eur...aily-mirror-arsenal-s-golden-triangle-1043433

https://tribuna.com/arsenal/en/news/2485193/
Arsenal’s golden triangle

Arsenal’s front three of Alexandre Lacazette, Mesut Özil and Alexis Sanchez have not started together very often for various reasons.

But surely this is the template for Arsenal if they are to have a good season. Lacazette’s movement and link-up play has improved, Sanchez has passion and energy while even Özil tracked back and worked.

Lacazette-Özil-Sanchez, il Daily Mirror: "Arsenal's golden triangle"

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Must win game. Spuds won today, Chelsea lost, time to close the gap on them without Spuds closing on us. If City vs Utd draw or City win, that adds to the importance of us winning this game. Would like to see us demolish them in the first half.

IslingtonBornandbred

Lads I bumped into Wenger in Waitrose in Whetstone, North London this afternoon. He was sniffing the melons trying to select the best one. He said he hasn't decided the team for tomorrow but is either going to go 5 at the back replacing Mustafi with Holding, Chambers or Per or he is also thinking of going 4-3-3 with Bellerin, Kos, Kolasinac definites with Lacazette up front, Alexis on the left, and Xhaka in the middle but he hasn't decided what he wants to do with Ramsey, Özil and whether he brings in another central midfielder like Coquelin, Elneny, Wilshere, bring in a RW or put Ramsey on the right with Özil central.

Basically he said he hasn't decided yet but there are many different options. We then had a discussion about the ripeness of the melons and how he feels the quality of the strawberries were good despite them not being in-season at the moment. We discussed they were imported from Spain and he pondered how Brexit would affect the price of imported fruits.

Steve Bould then called to say they were ready to depart London Colney and asked where he was and Wenger said he was 5 minutes away but he was literally still picking fruit in Waitrose.

Disclaimer: the above may or may not be true.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Be interesting to see who replaces Mustafa: Have a feeling it will be Holding but could be Mertesacker or even Chambers or Debuchy. Or Wenger could decide to go with four at the back.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Doesn't look like I'll be to get home tomorrow in time for the match, if I'm lucky I'll be able to stream the first half, and catch the 2nd live at home.
Same boat. Got a last minute double pay call, couldn't say no with Xmas coming up. **** thing is I start my shift an hour before the game.

Allowed to watch the match/movies during down time but I don't trust myself not overreact.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably best to stick with the back three if Mustsfi’s out. Koscienly and Monreal is hardly a partnership that would feel me with confidence.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Another game we usually struggle with. Personally would start Wilshere for Xhaka but that won't happen. It'll be the same team as last week.

It's an early kick off and on BT so don't get your hopes up.

We did pretty well in a more important early kickoff less than a month ago.

Also, the fact it's neither Pochettino or Koeman at the helm gives me less cause for concern.

Despite being a centre back all his career, Pellegrino doesn't set his team out to stifle teams, which should allow us to dictate the pace provided we actually go in with a game plan effective enough to neutralize them.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Be interesting to see who replaces Mustafa: Have a feeling it will be Holding but could be Mertesacker or even Chambers or Debuchy. Or Wenger could decide to go with four at the back.

I see no difficulty in replacing a player who does not exist in our squad ;).

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I see no difficulty in replacing a player who does not exist in our squad ;).
autsin-powers-mustafa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom