• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Players were still down after the Man Utd game :lol:

@Makingtrax That was your thinking behind not playing kids in the week, wasn't it?... You know, getting an emphatic win under your belt to erase the Man Utd result...

#Wengermasterstroke
That was the B team. And looked what happened when they came on.
#equaliser

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That was the B team. And looked what happened when they came on.
#equaliser
So what's his excuse for not starting the A team then?

And this was my reply to you last week after the Man Utd defeat, when you said as long as your Xg or whatever was high, as it was Vs Man Utd, then it's a good thing going forward

You're in trouble if you lose, period. There's no joy to be had going forward because your xYZb2X was high. We lost. And as we've seen before, losses damage us and there's far from any guarantee we'll carry on producing whatever it was that was helping us to paper over the deficiencies.

And here we have Wenger saying they weren't quite over the loss... This is the same bunch of players we both watch every week.. Why is it I can see that we don't handle crushing defeats well and you can't?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

4.56 against United, 0.58 against Southampton. 1 goal scored in both of them. This is why stats like these are effing useless.
Also why it's important to understand the context. United allowed us a lot of freedom. 2 nil up within ten minutes away at the Emirates. We may have had more chances then Mourinho may have liked but they stopped pressing once they went two up. Then when we scored they went up and scored themselves.

We've been poor in different ways in both games. The only consistent feature is that our defensive is shambolic.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Glad we played the experienced lads instead of youngsters against BATE, the confidence we gained in smashing them really showed today :)

Keeping the likes of Giroud, Welbeck and Wilshere fit and sharp will pay off when the fixtures start coming thick and fast.

Even today we were bailed out by our subs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If the players are happy with Wenger saying they weren't over the Man Utd defeat then **** me, we really do have a problem.
I can’t believe he’s actually said this. :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
How so?

Makes perfect sense to me?
Yes ofcourse it makes sense but imo it's a pretty useless stat if you want to use it as a measure for how good or bad you really are and if you want to use it as a prediction tool for future matches. Every single game is different, played under different circumstances. Pulling in a 4.56 xG in one game doesn't mean you'll do similar numbers in the next one.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
The deluded apologists were out in droves last weekend saying we made unfortunate mistakes at the back, but created loads of chances so everything is rosy. How about today? We could've been 3 down after 10 minutes :lol: we won't have won 5 away games by the end of the season with this ****e. The absolute state of our defence and centre midfield. The whole setup is cack.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just watched the game and managed to avoid the result, we were poor all over. Alexis was non-existent, Kos made errors again, a string of 3 at one point, Bellerin & Kola were quiet down the wings, and Welbeck apparently came on as sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom