• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Just watched the game and managed to avoid the result, we were poor all over. Alexis was non-existent, Kos made errors again, a string of 3 at one point, Bellerin & Kola were quiet down the wings, and Welbeck apparently came on as sub.
Welbeck provides absolutely nothing from the bench. And I hate how selfish he is in the box, unacceptable considering how wasteful he is in those situations.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The deluded apologists were out in droves last weekend saying we made unfortunate mistakes at the back, but created loads of chances so everything is rosy. How about today? We could've been 3 down after 10 minutes :lol: we won't have won 5 away games by the end of the season with this ****e. The absolute state of our defence and centre midfield. The whole setup is cack.
We hardly created anything either. Absolutely pathetic showing

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Poor result. ****e performance. Tactically inept.

Probably not enough xG in there to satisfy the great deluded.
Thinking about bumping all the posts about how we would have been similarly rampant over the 2nd best team in the league last weekend, even if we hadn't gifted them 2 and allowed them to sit back.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Let's not kid ourselves, this season is all about getting back into the top 4.. Not getting top 4 and losing Alexis and Özil on top of that would be devestating.

Luckily we're still in a good position to get top 4 with a lot of tough away games already played(and lost lol).
Fortunately, after City (and probably United due to their doggedness), 3 and 4 are open season this year. Chelsea and Sp**s are massively down, Liverpool inconsistent, and no real outside challengers (though Burnley sure looks decent).

That said, I'm sticking by my preseason prediction of 6th.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Well, in regards to top 4 the weekend turned out okey I guess. Gained a point on Chelsea and Liverpool threw away two points. Still it was a disappointing performance after what was a very good one last week. The conditions can be blamed somewhat but too many players were below par.

Bellerin was very poor I thought. He really needs to add either crossing or being able to beat a beat to his game. Ramsey was not very good and Lacazette looked dangerous at times but not enough involved. Per was poor for the goal. Özil had a good game I thought and I actually thought Xhaka was quite good though thats probably because I don`t expect much from him these days. Alexis was really awful. But then he pops up with the cross that gets us the goal.

Welbeck never offers anything from the bench, think Iwobi would have been a better sub. Jack did alright when he came on and should start on Wednesday but I fear we will see Coquelin or Elneny.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I have to say as well the whole Monreal Renaissance as a CB has been overdone to ****. He had a few good games but to me he's never been more than a good player either as a full back or a centre back. People seemed to love him because he was generally above average. In recent weeks he's been a bit of a disaster though. None of our defenders are top level.

Average defenders + clueless coaching = the cluster **** you saw today, vs United, vs Liverpool and so on. We always always leak at least a few clear chances, even on our best days.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Decent result but disappointing performance. At least the Chelsea, Liverpool and United results went in our favour so that Giroud equaliser could end up being a huge moment. Ah well, there's another game mid-week to get the 3 points and put in a good performance.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We have no strategy to break down teams....you see man city and barca make lovely little triangles on either side of the 18yard box, with overlaps and runners.

Arsenal we're just static...I mean what is practiced on the training ground?

Classic wenger 'I like players to problem solve themselves in the pitch' no Arsène, sometimes you have to tell people what you want them to do...thats what you get paid £10m a year for.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t realise just how bad that late challenge on Lacazette was. Second time in two games now, but nothing given.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have no strategy to break down teams....you see man city and barca make lovely little triangles on either side of the 18yard box, with overlaps and runners.

Classic wenger 'I like players to problem solve themselves in the pitch' no Arséne, sometimes you have to tell people what you want them to do...thats what you get paid £10m a year for.

They have individuals who possess the guile to unbalance defensive teams by committing individuals with the drop of a shoulder and burst of acceleration. Nobody in our midfield can do that except Jack. Özil is capable, but not willing enough.

City have Sterling, Sane, Silva, De Bruyne who are capable do it regularly. Barca have plenty. If our players were good enough to do it I'm sure they would.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Classic wenger 'I like players to problem solve themselves in the pitch' no Arséne, sometimes you have to tell people what you want them to do...thats what you get paid £10m a year for.

Considering the logic of mortals, that is us btw
when we have someone like Giroud who excel in aerial battles our logic is to try to cross as much as possible

Now mention a player in Arsenal who looks like they even train in crosses... other than the new guy Sead and Monreal

So yeah, Wenger did tell them what he wants them to do.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
we made unfortunate mistakes at the back, but created loads of chances so everything is rosy.
The only positives people were looking at were creating a decent number of chances against a manager who this team usually struggles to register a shot on target against. That's it, nobody said that makes the defensive mistakes acceptable.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Thinking about bumping all the posts about how we would have been similarly rampant over the 2nd best team in the league last weekend, even if we hadn't gifted them 2 and allowed them to sit back.
United are not the 2nd best team in the league, they're only there because of an easy run of fixtures from the beginning of the season to mid October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom