• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 Draw: Östersunds FK (Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I mean really we should roll over them no problem but this is Arsenal... One of their forwards who is apparently one of their best ever players was signed from a team that are currently in the 8th level league in England. Not even a top 3 team in Sweden.

Wilshero

This is bloody amazing. I have a couple of mates that played against Östersund when Potter had just taken over the club and they were in the 4th division. Been keeping an eye on them ever since.

They have been performing brilliantly in the EL but these games will be played in the middle of the winter break for them, so that will of course affect their performance. Be aware though that the game in Sweden will most likely be played in -10 to -20 degrees celsius, possibly even colder.

Need to get tickets for this.

Goonerozil33

Ostersund season is over and won't start again until April so I'm sure they'll lack match sharpness. But one thing for sure it gonna be damn cold.
Hopefully we can thrash them easily... winning the first leg is important since we play City on Feb 24th weekend. We want the team to be rested. Unfortunately for us City will be playing Basel(If at all they are playing that week). We need to thrash them with 2 offside goals and a red card to Fernandinho.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Arsenal like we are know is great for Östersund, nothing to lose for'em
Do not take them ligtly

Nevermind that it is winterbreak for them
They have totally setup their team And training for the EL and not cared about their league

Plastic grass to maybe and that matters alot!
It has been a joy to Watch them tbh
Great grit and attitude

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't ask for a nicer tie and draw. Few of the harder teams will be going out.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That is a kind draw for us. Our "B" team (even if at the moment it looks more impressive than the "A" team at times) should win this without too many problems.

What Potter and Ostersunds have done is very impressive but this has to be as far as they go. They will be in their winter break too.

The Swedish team will want to impress in their biggest ever game so probably won't hold back. Away goals, as many as possible, and you can't really go very wrong.

skip spence

Wow! As a swede this is a dream tie. Östersund, as you probably know, used to be an amateur team way down the Swedish league system just a few years ago. It's nothing short of miraculous that they will play Arsenal in a knockout tie in Europe.

Not gonna lie, if they beat us I will be just as happy as if they don't. Dream tie!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The away game will be tough. Might be snow and will more than likely be bitterly cold, worse than anything they’ll have played in before (could easily be -10 to -20). We should batter them at home.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Forgot about the cold. Artificial pitch then surely?

skip spence

Forgot about the cold. Artificial pitch then surely?
Yeah, artificial pitch. Östersund is in the north interior of Sweden, around -10 degrees Celsius are standard temperatures in February and it may drop much lower than that too. Swedish media report that they are adamant not to move the fixture to a bigger roofed stadium in Stockholm too. Should be a gruelling away tie.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think it's great that we have drawn a team which will be genuinely thrilled to play us, and which presumably will bring a load of enthusiastic fans to the Emirates

it's what the Europa League should be all about

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I think it's great that we have drawn a team which will be genuinely thrilled to play us, and which presumably will bring a load of enthusiastic fans to the Emirates

it's what the Europa League should be all about
Think there are a lot of teams thrilled to play us, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom