• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 Draw: Östersunds FK (Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfvolley

Plastic pitch and guaranteed sub zero temperatures, could easily be -25C up there in February with a bit of bad luck. Not going to be fun....

Jovi

I watched them play Athletic Bilbao and it looked like Östersund was the La liga giants and Bilbao the blueberry team.

Foma

From Sweden and been following Östersund a little bit in the recent years. As some others already said they are playing quite nice flowing football and they really impressed in the group stage and also in the qualifications against Galatasaray.

Some players to be a little bit aware of:

Saman Ghoddos, forward of the year in allsvenskan and have scored some goals in the group stage. probably their best player. quick, skillfull..

Ken Sema, midfielder who really impressed this season and have been in the sweden squad a few times

Alhaji Gero, a forward who earlier played for my home town club. Uneven but when he is playing good he is powerful, strong and shoots well..

A little bit of Östersund scouting...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
LoL Ronald Mukiibi a Östersund defender is really happy to be facing Arsenal he wants to have a talk with Wenger about his tactics and teamselections and he is not happy with him :p

He is a fan of Arsenal

Brwa Nouri played several years in my local team, really good guy and a talented footballer
imagine as a kurd to get a penalty vs Galatasaray and nailing it!

quite skilled, could have been more of a european pro but had some issues of the pitch

BBF

Even in this ****fest of a state we should be steamrolling 90% of these teams. "Should" never really correlates to actual performances though.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This team were formed after Wenger took charge at Arsenal.. is that true? Incredible if so.

Looks like it'll be a couple more fixtures at least for our second string. Good news for the likes of Welbeck, Giroud and Walcott.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Plastic pitch and guaranteed sub zero temperatures, could easily be -25C up there in February with a bit of bad luck. Not going to be fun....
Yeah it will be played in the Norrlands inland region in february so you bet it will be freezing ass cold.

VancouverCanuck

Despite the challenge of the cold weather, this should be an easy tie for us. Key is to get a decent result in Sweden before heading back to the Emirates. Don't want to see another performance like the ones against Monaco and Milan.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
As @YeahBee mentioned one of their players, Ronald Mukiibi, is a life long Arsenal fan. Sounds like an A-Mer given the quotes in the interview below :lol: Will be rooting for him while he fulfills his dreams of playing at the Emirates against AFC.

It is a measure of how far Ostersund have come that the Swedish side who will face Arsenal in the last 32 of the Europa League were formed a month after Arsène Wenger’s arrival in north London.

But having already eliminated Galatasaray and Hertha Berlin on their way to this stage of the competition under their English manager Graham Potter, a visit to the Emirates Stadium will also represent an opportunity for defender Ronald Mukiibi to get a few questions off his chest.

A lifelong Arsenal fan who joined Ostersund on a permanent deal last summer as the club completed their astonishing rise from Sweden’s fourth division to the top-ranked Allsvenska in just six seasons, the 26-year-old intends to use the opportunity to speak to Wenger about some of the Frenchman’s team selections that have left Arsenal trailing Premier League leaders Manchester City by 17 points before the halfway point of the season.

“I want to exchange a few words with Wenger and ask him why he sets his team up as he does. That would be fun,” Mukiibi told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet. “I want to talk with him about why he makes certain decisions. Maybe we can talk about my own future during the conversation? If I have a good match then…”

Asked if he was in favour of Wenger standing down after more than 20 years in the hotseat, he added: “No, he can stay. But I still need to talk to him about those starting line-ups.”

Potter, who had spells as a player at Birmingham, West Bromwich Albion, Stoke, Southampton and York before being handed his opportunity in Sweden six years ago, led Ostersund to the Swedish Cup last year and has been linked with a potential return to English football one day. Yet even he would have had to pinch himself when they were paired with Arsenal, with Mukiibi admitting he could not believe his eyes.

“I started laughing to myself. I sent messages to the guys while just yelling out. It’s sick,” he said. “We will play the team I’ve followed for my whole life. Who could have predicted it? It’s a dream. It’s about hitting your targets as a football player. I had hoped to play for Arsenal at the Emirates, but now I can play against them in the same stadium. Life works in mysterious ways.”

With the first leg taking place in Sweden on 15 February before the return leg a week later, Mukiibi is confident his side are capable of coming away with a lead, despite the tie taking place several weeks before the start of the new domestic season.

“We are going there to try and win the match and to enjoy the experience,” he said. “We’ve achieved this for Ostersund and for all of Sweden. I don’t even want to take a break over the winter – I want to work out all the time!

“In my opinion we’re facing one of the best teams in the world, but we’ve played our best matches against the strongest opposition. Graham Potter can probably find some weaknesses in Arsenal and at home we are strong.”

The draw also paired Celtic with Zenit St Petersburg after Brendan Rodgers’ side finished third in their Champions League group, with the first leg in Glasgow on 15 February and the Russian side to host the second leg a week later.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-fan-ronald-mukiibi-confronting-Arséne-wenger

Artificial pitch means we’ll be without Welbeck.

2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom