• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | West Ham vs Arsenal | 13th of December @ 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

What result do you predict for this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why were they not fresh? Does he not assess them every ****ing day in training?

Think Wenger just says things when he is interviewed. He is not going to throw them under the bus. He is not even gonna criticize them a little bit in the media...

Toast

Established Member
Before the game:
More likely Wenger will say they were sharper and we were jaded as they played a day before us if we lose or draw.

After the game:

"We lacked maybe a little bit of sharpness in the final third we had many different good opportunities where they blocked our shots. I think that’s where you see maybe if we played on Saturday and they played on Sunday it would have been different on that front because they had more physical resources to defend with a lot of decisiveness." - Wenger.

FFS. :lol:

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
"Lacking freshness and sharpness"... Wenger treating us like we're idiots again. Seriously, what the **** does that even mean? It's such a non-answer, and even if it were, you'd think that issue would have been solved by now seeing how frequently that excuse comes up. What is he doing to fix it then? There are other clubs dealing with this issue just fine, and going by the schedule of top 6 sides, we have the best spacing of games out of any of them.

Seriously hate when he does this. Own up to our real problems for once ffs.

Vibra

Established Member
"Lacking freshness and sharpness"... Wenger treating us like we're idiots again. Seriously, what the **** does that even mean? It's such a non-answer, and even if it were, you'd think that issue would have been solved by now seeing how frequently that excuse comes up. What is he doing to fix it then? There are other clubs dealing with this issue just fine, and going by the schedule of top 6 sides, we have the best spacing of games out of any of them.

Seriously hate when he does this. Own up to our real problems for once ffs.

That's one of his philosophies, never say anything that may dishearten the players. It won't ever change but at least it's better than Mourinho's tactic of instilling in his players that there's a great conspiracy against them. Better from a human standpoint, probably less effective

FreakySami

I think we need to realize three things, we are in a transition period for the next year or two. Seconds of all, if it wasn't for cities amazing and almost perfect season we would be probably 8-10 points adrift which is what I would have giving us. Lastly, we lost so many games that I personally thought we should have won our at least tied whether it's because of lack of focus and unforced errors.

I think the fact that we have dropped so many points already didn't help us when looking at this performance and be even frustrated, it doesn't help

IslingtonBornandbred

I think we need to realize three things, we are in a transition period for the next year or two. Seconds of all, if it wasn't for cities amazing and almost perfect season we would be probably 8-10 points adrift which is what I would have giving us. Lastly, we lost so many games that I personally thought we should have won our at least tied whether it's because of lack of focus and unforced errors.

I think the fact that we have dropped so many points already didn't help us when looking at this performance and be even frustrated, it doesn't help

But we are forever in a transition period. When did the last transition finish and end? Since the invincibles were broken up and we moved to the Emirates we've never had a set long term team or project. Cesc/RVP ran out on us before that transition finished and now Alexis/Özil are potentially doing the same.

It's all irrelevant though. We were out of the title race before the season even began.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That's one of his philosophies, never say anything that may dishearten the players. It won't ever change but at least it's better than Mourinho's tactic of instilling in his players that there's a great conspiracy against them. Better from a human standpoint, probably less effective
He doesn't often acknowledge what even he himself might have done wrong though, and I bloody hope he can reflect on himself without feeling bad about it.

At the very least, I hope he isn't surprised when many of us are frustrated after he repeats the same lame excuse time and time again.

FreakySami

But we are forever in a transition period. When did the last transition finish and end? Since the invincibles were broken up and we moved to the Emirates we've never had a set long term team or project. Cesc/RVP ran out on us before that transition finished and now Alexis/Özil are potentially doing the same.

It's all irrelevant though. We were out of the title race before the season even began.

It's more of a transition from the Wenger era unless we win everything next year. We are putting everything in place in order to be able to not rely on him.

BobP

Memri Fan
Strong win, we really put West Ham to the sword.

Really happy with the stability in our midfield.

Also stoked for AMN, grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Saw a fair few posts after the weekend saying United were s**t and we'd definitely finish above them still. There's still plenty of time left to go but I hope results like this make people pump the breaks a bit because history tells us that we've got a few more results and performances like this left in us before the end.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If I were a West Ham fan I'd be cautiously optimistic as well, if I'm being honest.

We could absolutely smash them if we get the first goal early on but with the way we start games these days, who knows. Our away record doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Clearly I've underestimated how diabolicak we are away from home (Everton aside). I've now completely abandoned optimism in favor of restrained cynicism.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

That was as insepid a display as we're likely to serve up anytime this season.

What mystifies me is how could we lack "freshness"? This isn't the produce section at Waitrose!! We were doing fine when the games were coming thick & thin. You'd think we've never been involved in the chaotic New Years schedule :lol:

We must make the next 5 matches count as they're all at home. Newcastle, Liverpool, Palace, West Brom & Chelsea. All with suspect defences that can be punished, if we ever manage to rediscover our ruthlessness in front of goal.

Time to make sure the Emirates redoubt is not breached again.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That was as insepid a display as we're likely to serve up anytime this season.

What mystifies me is how could we lack "freshness"? This isn't the produce section at Waitrose!! We were doing fine when the games were coming thick & thin. You'd think we've never been involved in the chaotic New Years schedule :lol:

We must make the next 5 matches count as they're all at home. Newcastle, Liverpool, Palace, West Brom & Chelsea. All with suspect defences that can be punished, if we ever manage to rediscover our ruthlessness in front of goal.

Time to make sure the Emirates redoubt is not breached again.
Palace and West Brom are away fixtures. Palace are already on the way up under Woy and Brom have beaten us at the Hawthorns the last 2 seasons.

Goonerozil33

2 points from 9. Already several losses notched up this season. A growing awareness that City are running away with the league with leaving a dog fight between us, United, Chelsea, Sp**s and Liverpool for the remaining 3 spaces
This is true of every club bar City this season. Everyone of these clubs have gone through such runs this season.
The fact that we've had the luxury of resting our main players midweek whereas none of our rivals have been able to do that and we still continue to drop points and are at the tail end of the pack
Liverpool did that last season and they stumbled through to top 4. Even though we are able to rest most of our players, i still have not seen us being able to put forward a consistent 11 on the pitch.
Because Burnley are ahead of us and for everyone saying they will drop off Leicester still lingers fresh in the mind. And that's only this season.
This is the same argument used against Sp**s/Pochettino couple of weeks ago. These things keep changing every other week. So no point in criticizing the manager over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom