• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | West Ham vs Arsenal | 13th of December @ 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

What result do you predict for this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin is worse on the ball than Walcott, in fact he’s worse on the ball than the majority of our outfield players.

When he first broke through I was hoping it was something he would add to his game but I’ve realised that stuff like that is easier said than done.
Funnily enough I watched Milner taking on a full back, passing him and getting a cross in at the by line, and thought, we don't seem to have a winger/wing back/ full back that can do that anymore.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol::lol:

Might join you on your crusade, starting to realise how mentally unhinged this place can be. I blame Wenger for what he’s done to people who I’m sure used to be rational.
I was thinking the same for bit yesterday. I was pondering peoples opinions on everything Arsenal, and I noticed they seem somewhat warped on certain things--especially players. I used to think they're just fanboys or had spent too much time on Football Manager, but I'm thinking Wenger has played a part in it. If it wasn't just a game, I'd be inclined to call it mental abuse :lol: Over 20 years of indoctrination... It's deep.

skip spence

Have to say that I haven't watched you lot as much this season as I normally would, so I was shocked by your lackluster movement in the final third. It felt like you just passed it around to players standing still, only for someone to inevitably get bored of it and force a pass into the feet of our defenders.

It was somehow even less interesting to watch than our normal negative football. It was like.. positive football on anti-depressives.
Yeah shocking really. When it gets so static as yesterday, with your lot defending deep and with numbers, you need to make something happen. Take a guy on, get to the byline, take a few pot-shots through traffic, crowd the box with runners and put some crosses in.

But no, lets just pass the ball back and forth without purpose until someone gets frustrated and just puts a pointless ball into the box, as you say. Late on we have Giroud, Welbeck and Lacazette all on the pitch. But still no ****ing off the ball runs and no crosses into the box.

AMN, the kid, actually put a few crosses into the box, looking for Giroud. Looked dangerous every time. Well, I'm sure they coach it out of him. Better to keep possession.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
if this is how we play with Özil, Sanchez and our best option for goals from the bench....

... all of whom are likely to leave us within the next 6 months..

no i'm not in the doom and gloom mode at all.

skip spence

Funnily enough I watched Milner taking on a full back, passing him and getting a cross in at the by line, and thought, we don't seem to have a winger/wing back/ full back that can do that anymore.
Yeah, no-one since the Ox, who'd **** it up more often than not. Nelson looks promising in that department but we'll have to wait for that I guess..

marting

Yeah, I was thinking a better goalkeeper and just one CB who doesn't get bullied by every powerful striker in the league would have gone a long way towards securing the title in 07/08.
To judge a season as poor in December is probably not right. I would rather reserve the judgement on the season when all 4 trophies that we are competing for are decided.

Is that you Arsène? Lol

Goonerozil33

It's safe to say we are no longer competing for one of them and that's the one we state each season we want to win. The other three, yes it's early and we can still win there (I really want the Europa to give Wenger a European trophy)but this is a match thread about the league and that's where the overall discussion is aimed at. Our league form has been terrible. Or inconsistent at best. Neither is good enough and that's why there is frustration building.
I can understand your frustration with yesterday's result. But the performance was much better than most of our Away games. We played in opposition half for most of the match and was unlucky not to score a goal. These matches happen every other week for 5 out of 6 top 6 teams. Chelsea lost their last week. The margins are really thin in this league. Our league form has been terrible away from home, but at home bar against Man Utd we have done exceedingly well.

OSBK

Established Member
Such a poor performance.

We played southampton and west ham and all due respect to the opposition but those 2 teams are in freefall. Leicester absolutely battered southampton, they carved them open. I dont know who west ham have next but from what I saw of them then the likes of a liverpool would put 5-6 past them.

I am not a giroud fan but last night was shocking for the guy, the guy thrives on a cross yet we just dont do it. Iwobi, well I can only say that he reminds me too much of nasri. We saw the best of bellerin in a back four, ever since we changed formation he looks half the player.

Massive game the weekend, nothing less than a dominating victory will do. These guys who have not played need to come in and perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom