• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Newcastle. Premier League. 3pm

What will be the result of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I agree about Iwobi , saw a lot today to say he's going to be a big player in the final third , just end product. I swear his ball striking is so bad it can only get better .
I'd give you Özil as an example. His shooting is terrible. He scores a decent goal every now and then. My point is, Iwobi is you and he could develop excellent finishing ability, or he could just end up finishing like Özil.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Great day, got the 3 points after a tough few games not that the crowd help matters but the players showed character to hold out in spite of that. Back in 4th spot and good to see Sp**s getting battered!

A win vs Liverpool at the Ems next week will be huge, tho it'll be an uphill task if the crowd doesn't at least try to get behind the players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

DRLxU-GXkAAQnYc.jpg:large

This looks decent enough, tho Özil and Wilshere were pretty much operating the exact same role and space, while Lacazette was getting most of his touches on the right hand side.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
DRLxU-GXkAAQnYc.jpg:large

This looks decent enough, tho Özil and Wilshere were pretty much operating the exact same role and space, while Lacazette was getting most of his touches on the right hand side.

Highlights the lack of width up top. As others have said I thought Iwobi played better today, but he's still far too central.

Yes we could do with a new wide player, but we could also do with our current ones being instructed to stay wide. Iwobi isn't naturally a pure winger, but if he was told to stay wide he'd be more effective on a regular basis, evidenced by his cross for the goal.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Expecting the same v Liverpool - giving the ball away needlessly followed by our gaping midfield being exploited. Liverpool are tailor made to press and counter us. I'll be surprised if we don't concede 1-2 goals,, which means it'll be tough to get a result. Change in approach needed.

OSBK

Established Member
3 points so cannot complain. Thought we performed ok, Özil goal aside there was no real stand out performers. We dont look cohesive when we attack still, agree with the majority we need a top wide player.

Against liverpool we will get chances, if we dont start to punish teams then we will suffer.

Preacher

Always Crying
I can't believe that Wenger doesn't do anything about lack of width in our attack. It really handicaps us. I believe, that our attacking would become x2 dangerous than it is now. It would not that easy to defend against us.
I look to City's players average positions map and I become jealous, when I see where Sane and Sterling are.
In 4-3-3, put Alexis on the right. On the left he became one trick pony with endless cutting inside. Problem is we don't have left footed winger. Maybe try Kolasinac there. He has strength, pace, can pick out players in the box, has a powerful shoot. Why not ? Our attack needs innovation injection more dynamism.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Thing about it is AG the guy will actually score .
I usually make jokes that we'd be winning if Theo is playing but the fact of the matter is, the dude scores goals. His general presence on the field makes defences have to readjust to try to neutralise him. And unlike the most of our forwards, his shots are usually on target. So even if he doesn't score, there's opportunity for other members of the team on the rebound. Plus, he has the best scoring record of any player on our team against the big clubs. He doesn't need 87 shots to score.

IslingtonBornandbred

It's a travesty that he's not getting game time while useless shït like Welbeck is.

Don't you know....Welbeck's Wenger's son! Just come back from injury, another injury, yet despite being not match sharp yet, he's getting all his minutes in the EPL rather than the Europa League/League Cup. Anything to get Danny boy straight into the fold.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I dont' really get the complaints about Laca getting subbed. He always looks like he's fading when he's taken off. And he's always scored or had great chances to do so by that point so its not like he's not getting his opportunities. Hell, today if that had been Giroud starting and he had put in that performance and missed that chance everyone be screaming for him to be subbed.

We usually get some spark up top when the change happens as well, just look at the chance Giroud immediately created for Jack, that should have put the game away.
I think some of the frustration relates to why can't we play them together and see if it works?

Today the crowd wanted Sanchez taken off, rather than Laca.

On the other hand, I still consider the jury with Laca is out. He was a top goalscorer in France but it is still not clear he can be one here. But, to be fair again, he's only been here a few months. I'll start to get worried if he hasn't convinced me by the end of the next season.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Highlights the lack of width up top. As others have said I thought Iwobi played better today, but he's still far too central.

Yes we could do with a new wide player, but we could also do with our current ones being instructed to stay wide. Iwobi isn't naturally a pure winger, but if he was told to stay wide he'd be more effective on a regular basis, evidenced by his cross for the goal.

or just realize we don't have those kind of wide players

play
4 at the back
3 midfielders jack, xhaka, and ramsey
and Özil in the hole behind
Laca and Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom