• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Newcastle. Premier League. 3pm

What will be the result of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great day, got the 3 points after a tough few games not that the crowd help matters but the players showed character to hold out in spite of that. Back in 4th spot and good to see Sp**s getting battered!

A win vs Liverpool at the Ems next week will be huge, tho it'll be an uphill task if the crowd doesn't at least try to get behind the players.
Well said bro.

If other teams don't play too well, at home, but grind out a win . . they know how to win ugly!

We only lose once in 22 games at home with a smattering of 6 and 5 goals, beating Sp**s . . . and there's dozens of posts about us being worse than a team of blind, one legged octogenarians.

Ffs what is the matter with this forum. We're 4th and in all comps.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

DRLxU-GXkAAQnYc.jpg:large

This looks decent enough, tho Özil and Wilshere were pretty much operating the exact same role and space, while Lacazette was getting most of his touches on the right hand side.
That passing map is decent. We just need to cut out the small errors and take our chances.

BobP

Memri Fan
Great day, got the 3 points after a tough few games not that the crowd help matters but the players showed character to hold out in spite of that. Back in 4th spot and good to see Sp**s getting battered!

A win vs Liverpool at the Ems next week will be huge, tho it'll be an uphill task if the crowd doesn't at least try to get behind the players.

So it'll be the crowds fault if we put up a disappointing performance?

:lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

or just realize we don't have those kind of wide players

play
4 at the back
3 midfielders jack, xhaka, and ramsey
and Özil in the hole behind
Laca and Sanchez

Or our coach could just exercise some authority and tell his wide players to stay bloody wide.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Should've scored more in our period of domination in the first half. Newcastle got into the match as it wore on, and would've had something to show for it if Ayoze Perez could finish. I'll take the win as it breaks our winless streak, but we'll have to be much better against Liverpool.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Just seen this stat - 3 goals in the last 4 games from 30 shots on target, - if it's true, probably is, we need to sort it out, we're losing and drawing games that we could be getting points from if we converted some of these chances.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Would be an odd thing to take away from this one. Was absolutely dire.

Not that odd. I'd said previously I wasn't going to watch any more PL games until we won. I didnt watch this and it sounds like I didnt miss anything other than Özil's goal.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

And the huge ones at the back.
Don't think the back made too many errors yesterday, the mistakes were in midfield. In particular Xhaka giving the ball away. And up front, not taking our chances.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If there is a keeper and defenders standing between you and the goal, I don't believe the correct term is "open"

Just my opinion though.
Strictly speaking, that's true.

But when you're paid £90,000 a week, it's not too unreasonable for people to expect you to aim at the large open spaces between them when you're only 10 metres from a sizeable goal mouth.

Just saying. But no doubt it was Wenger's fault somehow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just seen this stat - 3 goals in the last 4 games from 30 shots on target, - if it's true, probably is, we need to sort it out, we're losing and drawing games that we could be getting points from if we converted some of these chances.

That stat is somewhat misleading. Most of those are speculative attempts from outside the box straight at the keeper and tge rest came in the Man Utd game. We aren't creating that many clear cut chances at all. Our forward transition is too slow & narrow which allows opponents to recover their defensive shape and let us shoot from non threatening areas.

We need to introduce an NBA style shot clock in training. There is not enough purpose to our possession.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We've created the most scoring chances in the league. Ahead of free flowing City. Our problem is a lack of clinical finishing. The United game only highlights how poor our finishing is.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

But when you're paid £90,000 a week, it's not too unreasonable for people to expect you to aim at the large open spaces between them when you're only 10 metres from a sizeable goal mouth.

There was a keeper and 3 or 4 defenders distrbuted across the full length of the goal line. It was not even remotely near any sense of “open”. This was my only point.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There was a keeper and 3 or 4 defenders distrbuted across the full length of the goal line. It was not even remotely near any sense of “open”. This was my only point.
Bro, you're making this up. Watch the video below. Stop it at 2min 57s. You will see there is a goalie and one defender in front of him and the defender is slightly behind the goalie. The other defenders are not in his path.

As my original post said, he has the whole gaping chasm to place it in, over 2/3 of the goal, and he hits it at the keeper. Lol. It doesn't matter what you post on here somebody will contradict you, even if they haven't looked at it.:lol:

FreakySami

I just want to talk about Alexis and his lack of a left leg. We had so many chances to score if he would just go left instead of cutting in for his shot. If it was a left footed player or if he actually took the time to try and shoot with his left, we would have scored at least two more. Is very disappointing.

Even lacazette should have scored 2 at least. When he came off he looked mad and he should be but he only has himself to blame.

I thought bellerin played well in the first half and was unlucky not to score. Second half, he was ok.

I thought naitland miles was outstanding. I think it's important to play left back. I think he will be key against Liverpool if we play 4-3-3. He is quick and head a good tackle on him, he can cover for xhaka on the counter which is very important.

Overall we played well, we just missed chances we shouldn't. We need to fix our last 10 minutes of a game too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Bro, you're making this up. Watch the video below. Stop it at 2min 57s. You will see there is a goalie and one defender in front of him and the defender is slightly behind the goalie. The other defenders are not in his path.

As my original post said, he has the whole gaping chasm to place it in, over 2/3 of the goal, and he hits it at the keeper. Lol. It doesn't matter what you post on here somebody will contradict you, even if they haven't looked at it.:lol:

Your original post said he missed an open goal. It did not state anything else.

The video at 2:57 does not depict an open goal. I did not state anything else but this.

I’m not sure why you’re attempting to obsfucate what has transpired but suggest you try with a different poster in the future.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well said bro.

If other teams don't play too well, at home, but grind out a win . . they know how to win ugly!

We only lose once in 22 games at home with a smattering of 6 and 5 goals, beating Sp**s . . . and there's dozens of posts about us being worse than a team of blind, one legged octogenarians.

Ffs what is the matter with this forum. We're 4th and in all comps.:lol:

I think there's a frustration, on my part at least, that teams successfully deploy the same tactics against us and we have little answer but to rely on individual moments of brilliance from players like Özil, Sanchez etc. It's only when face opposition capable of punishing our recurring brainfarts that we seek to call them out. It's also the fact that us armchair analysts have a little too much time on our hands and need to find something to critique :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It was a bloody good chance and am pretty sure Jack would have been disappointed with that . For a WC player 3 feet is a large space .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom