• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Abdou Diallo
Born/age: May 4, 1996 (21)
Club: FSV Mainz 05
Nationality:
50.png
France
Height: 1,88 m (6'2'')
Position: Centre-Back

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
I've looked into him a bit and he's very interesting.

He is France's U21 captain, which speaks to both his ability and maturity. He left Monaco for Mainz last year looking for gametime he felt he wouldn't get under Jardim, and he has certainly found that there. Not only is he playing frequently, but he is playing well, having already appeared in kicker's Bundesliga team of the week 4 times this season. He is left-footed and plays on the left side of both 2 and 3 CB partnerships, which is a type of CB we are missing. Monaco fans were generally unhappy with his sale.

I haven't been able to find much footage of him playing bar 15 second clips, but he has a very good reputation and is supposedly good both in the air and on the ground. I get the feeling he's something special.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
He is starting against Werder Bremen in an hour, if anyone wants to take a gander...

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
He is starting against Werder Bremen in an hour, if anyone wants to take a gander...
He's a consistent starter for Mainz so if you're still interested, you could try and watch any of their upcoming games.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He was a guest on an episode of Le Vestiaire - a French football talk show - recently with Emmanuel Petit among others. I must say he comes across as a very impressive individual. He certainly doesn't speak like the average 21 year old footballer; he speaks with a maturity and an openness you usually see in far more experienced players or retired players.

He did say however that he explicitly left Monaco to go to Mainz for more playing time. So unless he was given some solid assurances that he'd play a lot, I don't know if he'd want to come here. He doesn't seem like the type to mess about with his career, his head looks screwed on.

Zaza

This is the guy we should be signing instead of that Greek guy. Only Greek defender I want is Manolas

Tom349

Diallo is an off season signing. He has been at Mainz for 6 months and has absolutely no reason to leave given he is guaranteed playing time and is in the best situation he can find himself in until the end of the season. Which given he has no reason to leave Mainz have no reason to sell him, especially given they're only just outside the relegation zone. Anyone expecting Arsenal to sign him in January need to either do some research before posting or not post at all.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Diallo is an off season signing. He has been at Mainz for 6 months and has absolutely no reason to leave given he is guaranteed playing time and is in the best situation he can find himself in until the end of the season. Which given he has no reason to leave Mainz have no reason to sell him, especially given they're only just outside the relegation zone. Anyone expecting Arsenal to sign him in January need to either do some research before posting or not post at all.
Precisely. This always looked like a potential summer signing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
could be a loan back situation if it was to ever happen, we have enough men back at CB atm, we are in no rush to actually sign any player uncless sanchez leaves in terms of stop gap or youths unless they are elite.

I dont understand why we are being linked with all these young CBs when we have two anyway, I dont see us signing one until one of holding or chambers leaves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom