• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Newcastle. Premier League. 3pm

What will be the result of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this stat - 3 goals in the last 4 games from 30 shots on target, - if it's true, probably is, we need to sort it out, we're losing and drawing games that we could be getting points from if we converted some of these chances.
This has been an intermittent theme for a while now. This season is not an anomaly.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/-finishing-is-a-little-bit-cyclical-
http://kwese.espn.com/football/arse...t-forwards-can-provide-the-boost-arsenal-need
http://www.squawka.com/news/wenger-not-worried-by-arsenals-lack-of-goals/447631

Finishing is a massive problem in Wenger teams over the last few years.

That passing map is decent. We just need to cut out the small errors and take our chances.
Another common theme under wenger. This exact post sums up years of Wenger teams. Beautiful intricate play followed by wastefulness and then frustration which leads to possession being turned over (possibly from a Xhaka pass misdirected at a team mate who is 2 feet away).

Maybe we do zero finishing at practice. Must be a reason why we have strikers who are guaranteed a goal drought mid season... each.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was a bloody good chance and am pretty sure Jack would have been disappointed with that . For a WC player 3 feet is a large space .

It’s clearly a completely presentable chance which should have been scored.

But I won’t stand for people who add suplerflous hyperbole and revise statements in previous posts in order to make themselves look superior to others.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is how our lack of goals due to a malaise in the general play of the team, or to the relatively poor goalscoring form of the two players whom you'd expect to contribute the most goals: Alexis and Lacazette?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is how our lack of goals due to a malaise in the general play of the team, or to the relatively poor goalscoring form of the two players whom you'd expect to contribute the most goals: Alexis and Lacazette?
I think it has to do with how we create chances. Having 33 opportunities through the middle is one thing. When those chances are split from every angle of the box then you start opening up things for goals. We're a bit one dimensional at the moment and it has to do with our width, orlack thereof.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Your original post said he missed an open goal. It did not state anything else.

The video at 2:57 does not depict an open goal. I did not state anything else but this.

I’m not sure why you’re attempting to obsfucate what has transpired but suggest you try with a different poster in the future.
It wasn't a different poster that said there were three or four defenders on the line. :lol:

And it was virtually an open goal, whatever 'obfuscate' means. :rolleyes:

I think some of the frustration relates to why can't we play them together and see if it works?

Today the crowd wanted Sanchez taken off, rather than Laca.

On the other hand, I still consider the jury with Laca is out. He was a top goalscorer in France but it is still not clear he can be one here. But, to be fair again, he's only been here a few months. I'll start to get worried if he hasn't convinced me by the end of the next season.
trouble is Laca gets no useful service, whereas late in matches we pump high balls for Giroud - and in spite of his miss-rate it results in some goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom