• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

I don't believe it, but apparently we are linked with bonucci... Don't shoot me

The reason why I think this might be true is because Milan need to make top 4 in order to pay debts, they are currently in 11th with a 12 points difference which means they will have to sell players come January. This would be a situation a la Cazorla When Malaga had financial problems too.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

The reason why I think this might be true is because Milan need to make top 4 in order to pay debts, they are currently in 11th with a 12 points difference which means they will have to sell players come January. This would be a situation a la Cazorla When Malaga had financial problems too.
According to the papers Conte wants to swap David Luiz for him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

There'll be a fire sale at Milan all right. However badly your team is doing, take comfort in the knowledge Milan are doing worse.

AVENTUS

Struggling to see who we can get in to add the first 11. Heard whispers about N’Zonzi but that 1. Looks dead and 2. Never made any sense when looking at the midfielders we have.

We won’t add imo and if we do won’t be nothing to get excited about.

High chance We might sell Sanchez in this window his playing like **** and our last chance to get any fee for him. Chile not getting to the WC killed his ambition and attitude, his playing like a guy with nothing to play for.

Fact his not cup tied in the Champions League would be very appealing for clubs like PSG & City. If we can squeeze £18m + that would be good business.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we have an eye on new arrivals. Dont expect anything top end but we dont need top end to improve the starting eleven.

We are on course to narrowly miss out on 4th... With two star players who are off. If ever there were circumstances to roll the dice its now.

pikey2000

I'd really love us to go out and buy someone to bench Sanchez now, not out of spite but because it would make good sense to get his replacement in and have them bed in for the second half of the season ready to kick on next season.

Everyone wants a combative CM, i'd personally be looking at Idrissa Gueye, over looked and not sure why, he topped the premier league stats for tackles last year, and is 2nd so far this year with 69 and to give some context Kante is on 58, though obviously in a better side, also most Everton fans rate him highly in terms of being an all action Kante esq style of CM.

Not surprising to see that you have to look all the way down to 18th to see an Arsenal entry in the tackling stats, that man Monreal with 41 and it gets even worse if you look for the first Arsenal CM in the tackles list, Granit Xhaka in 47th position with 32 tackles.

You can potentially get away without having a ball winner in CM if your playing like Man City however having said that they have 2 CM's with more tackles that Xhaka, Fernandihno as you might expect and De Bruyne which is quite surprising.

Anyway I digress, buy a CM capable or tackling please, and replace Sanchez now! It may only plug two of the holes in our ship but its a start!

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd really love us to go out and buy someone to bench Sanchez now, not out of spite but because it would make good sense to get his replacement in and have them bed in for the second half of the season ready to kick on next season.
Would love this. Even if he is leaving, I want someone to come in and heap pressure on Alexis. Someone like Draxler or Mahrez.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

There are Draxler rumours lighting up over the January window, PSG willing to sell him in January & we are keen on getting him this window. Anyone take him & sell Sanchez who has to go in my opinion?

nick gould

Everyone wants a combative CM, i'd personally be looking at Idrissa Gueye, over looked and not sure why, he topped the premier league stats for tackles last year, and is 2nd so far this year with 69 and to give some context Kante is on 58, though obviously in a better side, also most Everton fans rate him highly in terms of being an all action Kante esq style of CM.

Not surprising to see that you have to look all the way down to 18th to see an Arsenal entry in the tackling stats, that man Monreal with 41 and it gets even worse if you look for the first Arsenal CM in the tackles list, Granit Xhaka in 47th position with 32 tackles.

You can potentially get away without having a ball winner in CM if your playing like Man City however having said that they have 2 CM's with more tackles that Xhaka, Fernandihno as you might expect and De Bruyne which is quite surprising.

Anyway I digress, buy a CM capable or tackling please, and replace Sanchez now! It may only plug two of the holes in our ship but its a start!
Gueye wouldn’t last long as the flavour of the moment at Arsenal. The fans would quickly forget that he job is to win the ball back and will start comparing his ability on the ball with the great Viera and Petit and Carzola. We have a fine example in Coquelin who is very good at winning the ball back. The manager and fans demand more from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom