• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v West Ham | December 19, 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Giroud and theo were shocking, james collins looked like bonnucci.

Thought willock was outstanding, was easily the best from the midfield. Chambers as well was very good, I think the lad has it in him to play dm very well. Was good to see debuchy play well, I would be very tempted to play him vs pool as experience is key.

Was disappointing giroud got injured although his form is nothing short of horrific, he couldve very well been a decent sub against pool. And if you didnt watch the game and think horrific is harsh then watch girouds tracking back and closing down.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Giroud injury is a blessing really. Wenger’s gonna be forced to give our £50m striker some minutes :drool:

Pity Walcott couldn’t get a little niggle too.

Mate everytime you a have said "blessing", "blessing in disguise " crap has gone downhill :lol:.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Watched the game at a local Hammers pub, and the reaction to Welbeck's goal was the best **** I've ever seen :lol: Not a single moan, just laughter for like a minute straight.

****ing love Welbeck. he scores the ugliest goals imaginable, and the goal yesterday was one of the most Welbecky goals I've seen :lol: Failed header that hits his chest, followed by a shot with his knee :lol:

As expected, no one really cared about the result. Most were just satisfied with the defensive performance.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
On a more serious note, I thought we were robbed a bit by the ref once or twice, but nothing major. It was surprising to see Holding use his underrated BJJ when he put Hernandez into a dominant side control:

I also thought a red for Nelson would have been a possibility for this challenge, considering how today's game is reffed:

Studs up, but I guess you could argue he comes in early enough for it not to be too dangerous. Really rough if it'd been just a split-second later though.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Trying to see your point of view but not even sure that would be a foul .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Trying to see your point of view but not even sure that would be a foul .

He got the ball clean but we've seen several instances of players being sent off for dangerous play (studs up/lunging/two footed) even when they got "all ball".

knuibL6.png

Again, I want to reiterate that I'm not complaining in any way or think it's a big deal, I was just surprised that nothing was given at all there as there's been a big focus on studs first tackles over the last couple of years. We've seen players get sent off for much less, so I was surprised it wasn't even called as a foul.

The Holding one is something else though :lol: He goes in so hard that he loses balance when he can't lean on Hernandez anymore. I thought it was funny more than anything else.

In the end it's just me nitpicking two things from a fairly uneventful match. Welbeck's goal is still the highlight of my week sports wise.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Watched the game at a local Hammers pub, and the reaction to Welbeck's goal was the best **** I've ever seen :lol: Not a single moan, just laughter for like a minute straight.

****ing love Welbeck. he scores the ugliest goals imaginable, and the goal yesterday was one of the most Welbecky goals I've seen :lol: Failed header that hits his chest, followed by a shot with his knee :lol:

As expected, no one really cared about the result. Most were just satisfied with the defensive performance.
I know this is ridiculous but this is why I would keep Welbeck. Lad's clueless in front of goal for 90% of the time and then pops up with the scrappiest, most unlikely goal ever.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I know this is ridiculous but this is why I would keep Welbeck. Lad's clueless in front of goal for 90% of the time and then pops up with the scrappiest, most unlikely goal ever.

He is extremely valuable to us as a workhorse.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Debuchy was busy and his crosses are much better than Bellerin's. Chambers had a good game and given time he could be a decent centre-back.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Debuchy was busy and his crosses are much better than Bellerin's. Chambers had a good game and given time he could be a decent centre-back.
Can;t understand how Debuchy hasn;t been able to at least get a start in the league. He was flipping good before his shoulder injury. Is it attitude alone? Bellerin had some really lackluster displays over the past year

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I want more good crosses and players running inside toward the box. These front 3 isn't the best technically but when you look at the few chances we can see how a good cross and some movement to crowd the penalty box created chaos
Theo chance was a great example :
Wellbz dragged 1 defender, Giroud dragged 2 defenders and Theo just need to finish
Just do that, no need to over-complicate with thousands of one touches to look good, just simple football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom