• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The highlight of the game has to be Carragher having a borderline panic attack during your comeback. He went from smug to screaming death metal vocal in about 2 minutes.

THE ROOF'S JUST COME OFF THIS PLAAAACE LIVERPOOL SO OFTEN INVOLVED IN THESE GAAAAMES
Jamie :lol: he nearly cried after our 3rd goal

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I feel the team was definitely more solid defensively and more stable with a back 3. Not sure what Iwobi brings to the table to warrant a starting job. I would sit him and come back to the 3-4-3.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Thought we were a complete shambles at the back, the games vs Pool and ManUre have been awful in that regard.

At least we managed to get a point, even though a win was more than possible. Disappointed somewhat, although the team showed a bit of grit and determination for once.

Plutarch

For a period of games I thought we'd solved the problem of teams scoring easily against us on breakaways. Playing three at the back seemed to cut down on this. But last night it happened all game, we looked continually vulnerable. But there were some good things in the game from Arsenal anyway, good attacking play from us, and good spirit certainly.

carlito'sway

Established Member
For a period of games I thought we'd solved the problem of teams scoring easily against us on breakaways. Playing three at the back seemed to cut down on this. But last night it happened all game, we looked continually vulnerable. But there were some good things in the game from Arsenal anyway, good attacking play from us, and good spirit certainly.

Kos is rapidly aging and can't be in a back two with either Mustafi or Nacho. Back three is a better option at this stage.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I feel the team was definitely more solid defensively and more stable with a back 3. Not sure what Iwobi brings to the table to warrant a starting job. I would sit him and come back to the 3-4-3.
We could play 8-1-1 & it wouldn't make a jot of difference bro. Remember reading an article by Tim Stillman on Arseblog last season saying that although our results had turned around using a back 3 the shots per game and shots on goal (from good positions) against us had increased.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We could play 8-1-1 & it wouldn't make a jot of difference bro. Remember reading an article by Tim Stillman on Arseblog last season saying that although our results had turned around using a back 3 the shots per game and shots on goal (from good positions) against us had increased.

:lol::lol:

Safe travels Bro!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kos is rapidly aging and can't be in a back two with either Mustafi or Nacho. Back three is a better option at this stage.
This. We were much better with a back 3. Certainly since Kos's crisis in confidence.

Wenger summed it perfectly. The lads looked frozen at the start. Could hardly string a pass together and slipping over.

Whatever he said at half time changed things a lot. But still think he should have shored up at 3-2, bringing Coq on for Iwobi

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Some great quotes from this report -
Wenger said his team were ‘paralysed and frozen‘ in the first half, citing the Manchester United game having a psychological impact on his players. First of all, get over it. Second, it’s too easy to blame psychology and intangibles rather than the quality of the players, the system, or the tactics, which were far more of an issue than a game a few weeks ago – especially when, despite the defeat, we probably played some of our best football of the season.
Afterwards, Arsène Wenger spoke to Sky Sports about what he said at half-time:

"I said to the players that the good thing is that we are only one down. In the second half it’s a great opportunity for us to show a different face, what we did was not good enough. At least go for it, we have nothing to lose."

It’s basically make it up as you go along stuff. Before the match he talked about ‘touching wood‘ when it comes to defending, incredible stuff really. I know it’s a turn of phrase, but it’s ascribing fortune to an area of our match to which we should be applying hard work, practice, diligence and tactics.
All of that is topped by the fact we rode our luck so considerably in that first half. I don’t find anything the least bit entertaining about the way we played in the opening 45 minutes and the first 10 of the second period. I don’t think there’s anything ‘fun’ about a team that simply cannot do the basics. For me there’s nothing to enjoy when I see Arsenal all over the place, when I see certain players going through the motions.

The end of the first half was informative for me. Almost to a man the Arsenal players had their heads down, broken, as if we were 6-0 down in the final seconds of a game rather than just 1-0 down heading towards half-time. There’s something really wrong, the three goals – as enjoyable as they were, and they were – can’t mask that.

The manager, always an improviser, playing off the cuff, now looks like someone playing the wrong end of the trumpet. Nine times out of ten playing like that against this Liverpool team will see you get a hiding. We didn’t and obviously I’m glad we didn’t, but let’s not allow the point we earned to obscure the paucity of that performance, and the inability we have to set our team up properly

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
3-4-3 didn’t solve anything, it just threw an extra centre back at our defensive mess.

If everyone makes it through the Christmas period I’d like to see;

Lacazette
Alexis Özil Wilshere
Ramsey Xhaka

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Jamie :lol: he nearly cried after our 3rd goal
Carragher nearly had a melt down about Mignolet. Saying Pep had changed 2 goalies already to get what he was looking for.

The Sky commentator quietly reminded him that Pep has an unlimited budget. :lol::lol:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

After a chat with my sisters, I’ve decided I want the rest of the season to be like yesterday. We need to be committed to entertaining football

I’m happy for us to concede 3 a game as long as we have entertaining periods where we play some good football & score some ourselves.

That 6 minute period had some really good stuff & i felt better then than our terrible football against Newcastle and we won that game! We won’t finish worse than 6th, so done caring about points/league table.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I couldnt stop laughing after Özil goal. I was likr, wow this is it. This is our cpmeback. Özil and Sanchez will sign after the game. My Liverpool friend missed all goals because he was mixing my stash.

But of course god hate us all.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Can see why our ticket prices are so high. Football doesn't get more entertaining than our Man U, Sp**s and Liverpool games :lol::lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
My sentiments exactly.
If people weren't smart enough to figure it out already, his recent quotes basically makes it clear that he clearly doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore. He's only trying to get the players physically ready for games instead of meticulously studying his opponents and drilling the team accordingly, just hoping the players figure it out themselves on the pitch(Something which Szczesny alluded to a few months ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom