• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool | December 22 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In last 4 games we conceded 14 goals against Liverpool we have to do something about that yes they got very talented front line but that average 3.5 goals a game against them and its not good.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Playing a back three is better for many reasons but we never needed this when we had Petit and Vieira (or later Gilberto). The truth is you need to protect your defence better from central midfield and that means playing at least one ball-winner. We haven't had a quality one for over a decade.

Jojoba

After a chat with my sisters, I’ve decided I want the rest of the season to be like yesterday. We need to be committed to entertaining football

I’m happy for us to concede 3 a game as long as we have entertaining periods where we play some good football & score some ourselves.

That 6 minute period had some really good stuff & i felt better then than our terrible football against Newcastle and we won that game! We won’t finish worse than 6th, so done caring about points/league table.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
Thank you. I miss the old entertaining Arsenal. It ended after the Cesc era. WE need to get back to that.

skip spence

Missed the game and just caught the highlights.

Seems like we were lucky to get a point, no?

Liverpool could have been three or four up by half-time by the looks of it.

Good thing Liverpool defend as poorly as us or worse and good thing Mignolet is a clown.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If people weren't smart enough to figure it out already, his recent quotes basically makes it clear that he clearly doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore. He's only trying to get the players physically ready for games instead of meticulously studying his opponents and drilling the team accordingly, just hoping the players figure it out themselves on the pitch(Something which Szczesny alluded to a few months ago.)
What a clown. In 2017 this is the type of manager we have.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I went into this thinking we were going to get an embrassing hiding as styles wise we match up poorly against the Scousers.

The only opposition in the league I am happy with a point against be it home or away.

The Özil, Wilshere and Xhaka midfield is the way forward and good performances by all 3. Lacazette also displayed good link up play.

Our full backs the weakness today who were poor as was Alexis.

Sick of being involved in these 'cracking game for the neutral' games. Scousers completely overran us in the first half. Obviously it was thrilling to see us come back but at 3-2 where was the game management? It's job done, shut up shop time but no, let's carry on being gung ho.
Everytime an opposing team attacks us I fear the worst. I just wanna see some solidity and organisation.
Phooey.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Sick of being involved in these 'cracking game for the neutral' games. Scousers completely overran us in the first half. Obviously it was thrilling to see us come back but at 3-2 where was the game management? It's job done, shut up shop time but no, let's carry on being gung ho.
Everytime an opposing team attacks us I fear the worst. I just wanna see some solidity and organisation.
Phooey.
Bah humbug - I hear you though. Entertaining, but a footballing farce. I enjoy watching high quality football and particularly from Arsenal. This gung-ho nothing to lose football which we often find ourselves having to play to try & get back into a game entertains me for about 5 mins.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Fair result, both keepers let in goals they shouldn't have. Very poor defending on their equalizer, but Cech still needs to make that save.

We didn't lose to them, so its an improvement.

I think at home, where we have been in superb form.. this is not an improvement at all.

We were not properly prepared for this match, and this coming from someone who looks closely at the work Wenger does on the field.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now lost only one home game in 23 matches. Emirates is a ****ing fortress.

And that was the United game where De Gea masterclass saved them from 33 shots.

Great entertainment for those going to home games. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Also I tuned into the game for a few minutes at 3-2 and wasn’t shocked at all to see us attacking like we were still chasing something.

Reminds me of the Monaco game in the CL a few years ago.

We had that spell of five minutes, where I felt we had the game by the scruff of the neck and ready to put it to bed. Once that period transpired with us a goal ahead, I knew we wouldnt win.

That is the problem with this team, teams under Wenger, even as far back as pre-2005. We cannot kill off the opposition when the time comes to do so.

redanddread

Now lost only one home game in 23 matches. Emirates is a ****ing fortress.

And that was the United game where De Gea masterclass saved them from 33 shots.

Great entertainment for those going to home games. :lol:
It's bullshit football bro...........absolute bullshit football.

Short memory- turgid non-entertaining football vs Newcastle and then as shambolic a performance as you'll see against Liverpool in just our last 2 home games. Entertainment for about 5 minutes in each game.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I don't know why this is seen to be a good result. Firstly, mental character to come back from 2 nil down? Going two nil down should never have happened. Then, we somehow get to 3-2 in front - only started playing properly when we went two nil down why? Finally, lose the pace and urgency that got us to 3-2 in front an concede and equaliser. I used to be so positive about Arsenal, but I can't accept a 3-3 draw at home as a good result when we had our noses in front. We did the same the other season at Anfield, played rubbish, went down, got our noses in front, Wenger took Walcott off so their full back could now get forward and Kuyt scored with the final head of the ball to equalise. We just never learn!
Sorry for my negativity Happy Christmas

Last edited:

redanddread

I think at home, where we have been in superb form.. this is not an improvement at all.

We were not properly prepared for this match, and this coming from someone who looks closely at the work Wenger does on the field.
When was the last time we seem prepared for a really big game? Sp*rs maybe...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom