• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta actually sounds like an interesting proposition. Instead of looking for "young and promising" managers at European clubs, why not hire someone straight off a backroom coaching position? Especially someone who's captained the side as a player and by the sounds of it, is getting some good results behind the scenes in his current role as coach. I mean, what are the other options at the moment? Howe? Dyche? Tuchel? Simeone? Allegro? Ancelotti? Jardim? I dunno, those seem like dull, and in some cases, unrealistic options.

Either way, it's still too soon to really say for sure. But, Arteta is definitely one to think about in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Interesting.

Guardiola took an already great team and made them easily the best team in the world. A team that would rival any other great team assembled on the planet in footballs history. While the team was already a very good team with great players, very few managers would have done what he did as well as he did.

Question his status as a highly revered manager if you must, but it's a bit of a stretch to consider him average. Average compared to whom?
He is only seeking attention.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Zidane wins titles as manager to

1 league and 2 champions leauge in 3 years

nobody is saying he is an exceptional manager

at that level it is more about if they can do the job or not

just like an American Idol/Britain got talent winner isn't a great artist, to be great you must play in a garage first, do a tour of dive bars and progress from festival to stadiums of your own to build up your legacy.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Ajax fans are not big fans of Dennis Bergkamp right now :lol:. They're happy he left!

That's an odd one.
I was surprised to hear that as well. I was of the believe that he would be good to have at our club before I heard he's a bit of a tyrant. He's a perfectionist in his life, maybe he expects the same out of all the players there.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I was surprised to hear that as well. I was of the believe that he would be good to have at our club before I heard he's a bit of a tyrant. He's a perfectionist in his life, maybe he expects the same out of all the players there.

One of the skills in management, and I'm not talking just football here, is to know your players. I have found across elite sports that former elite players generally don't transfer well to coaching due to their perfectionist traits not jiving well across a whole squad of players/athletes.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One of the skills in management, and I'm not talking just football here, is to know your players. I have found across elite sports that former elite players generally don't transfer well to coaching due to their perfectionist traits not jiving well across a whole squad of players/athletes.
Yeah makes sense.

FreakySami

Would you guys take a manager who would make his players take drugs to the limit in order to gain that physical advantage over others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom