• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | December 28, 2017 | 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wenger is satisfied with our performance but rues our failure to convert chances. Sky are yapping about the failure of the whole team to celebrate with Alexis-points to a dressing room split apparently.
Henry states he would take any money for Özil and Alexis in January rather than let both go for free in the summer. Souness says we have to prioritise keeping them to get top 4 as the money from that will be more than their transfer fees. Not much chat about the match itself :lol:

Sky aren't ever interested in the footballing side of things, unless of course we lose. When we win tho they're just interested in the off the field stuff.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lot of positives and a very good attacking performance. Should've scored five or six. If we keep on playing like tonight, we get those games as well.

However I still have to moan a bit. Defensively we still look very vulnerable especially in situations where the opponent can get past our midfield press which will occasionally happen even in games we dominate. Some tend to see nearly all the goals we concede as individual errors but there are structural problems at the back as well. Marking inside our own box is not at the required level. The mistakes we make lead to goals way too often due to the fact that our defense recovers poorly as a unit once we suddenly lose the ball in dangerous areas. Our back four/five lose shape and start doing their individualistic gung ho acrobatics way too easily. 25 goals conceded in 20 games is not bad luck or just brain farts by individual players.

The way I see it, we do not do any proper defensive work in training. I just cannot see any patterns or structure in our approach play without the ball, when defending our goal.

Combine that with one or two faults in our attack and you see why we remain so mediocre

jato

Lacazette need to get into more good positions. We were destroying Palace in the first half yet Lacazette struggled to find him self in dangerous positions.

Yet you look at the attacks down the flanks and the usual side to side that Arsenal always play, where do you expect him to be? he is where your striker is meant to be, the moment he comes out deeper to retrieve the ball he is clogging up the middle where the mids are. Then the mids just cycle it around the side again as Arsenal do.

What annoys me is that Arsenal are wasting Laca's talent and his runs or playing team-mates in. This has been happening all season, even Cech has mentioned it in the post-game interviews.

Yet you look at the attacks down the flanks and the usual side to side that Arsenal always play, where do you expect him to be? he is where your striker is meant to be, the moment he comes out deeper to retrieve the ball he is clogging up the middle where the mids are. Then the mids just cycle it around the side again as Arsenal do.

What annoys me is that Arsenal are wasting Laca's talent and his runs or playing team-mates in. This has been happening all season, even Cech has mentioned it in the post-game interviews.

We are actually playing to Lacazette strength. In first half our midfielders were linking up greatly with him.

He needs to get into better goal scoring positions if he wants to have good chances. He is not getting into good positions for him self.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is coqulien worse arsenal midfield? He really can't do nothing right he messed up our midfield he can't pass can't dribble can't cross.

HBL

Established Member
New member here, been lurking for a while but I enjoy discussing our games.
Very good performance, dominated for 70 minutes, the other 20 minutes were awful.

Thought Alexis had his best game for us this season, Özil was poor in comparison to his recent performances.
Bellerin was dreadful, such a pain watching 95% of his crosses fail to beat the first man. Mustafi was good, saved us on a few occasions in tricky one on one situations.

On the Lacazette situation, I did expect a little more from him but overall I think he’s doing well. His hold up play is very good for a man of his stature, the worry is we can’t seem to get men around him and he is often very isolated. Also, we aren’t creating any chances for him, I don’t remember a good chance for him since the Newcastle game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zaha was really good at 2nd half crystal palace were too dependable on him all the attacks coming from his side

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way I see it, we do not do any proper defensive work in training. I just cannot see any patterns or structure in our approach play without the ball, when defending our goal
Bould and Lehman are our defensive coaches. You reckon they're both sh*t and lazy?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You reckon mate ? Thought Bellers was awful defensively:lol:.
He seemed isolated at times and Zaha is incredibly quick. But offensively he got into some good situations.

I always see the good in people :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t know what the say about pushing Wilshere forward late on, he was our control in the middle.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Lot of positives and a very good attacking performance. Should've scored five or six. If we keep on playing like tonight, we get those games as well.

However I still have to moan a bit. Defensively we still look very vulnerable especially in situations where the opponent can get past our midfield press which will occasionally happen even in games we dominate. Some tend to see nearly all the goals we concede as individual errors but there are structural problems at the back as well. Marking inside our own box is not at the required level. The mistakes we make lead to goals way too often due to the fact that our defense recovers poorly as a unit once we suddenly lose the ball in dangerous areas. Our back four/five lose shape and start doing their individualistic gung ho acrobatics way too easily. 25 goals conceded in 20 games is not bad luck or just brain farts by individual players.
The irony of our terrible defensive record is that we've conceded 20 goals in 7 games and 5 goals in the other 13.

Edit: Forgot today's match. So the numbers are 22 conceded from 8 games. 3 conceded in the other 12.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom