• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace v Arsenal | December 28, 2017 | 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sky aren't ever interested in the footballing side of things, unless of course we lose. When we win tho they're just interested in the off the field stuff.

We beat a relegation side, our two best players have 6 months left on their contract and the transfer window is days away - what do you want Sky to talk about? Our title challenge? :lol:

Quite thankful to have avoided the tactical ‘whodunnit’ on this one personally. We beat Roy Hodgson’s Crystal Palace, not Arrigo Sacchi’s Milan. As for the long term implications - no one gives a **** about EL/CL qualification at the best of times, let alone at Christmas.

It’s not Sky’s fault that the most interesting talking point of our season will be whether we manage to lose our two best players for nothing.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The irony of our terrible defensive record is that we've conceded 20 goals in 7 games and 5 goals in the other 13.

Edit: Forgot today's match. So the numbers are 22 conceded from 8 games. 3 conceded in the other 12.

Interested in who we faced in those 8 games and of them, how many were away vs at home.

We often get away with it against lesser sides at home which is why some of us continue to pick holes despite getting 3 points.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Bould and Lehman are our defensive coaches. You reckon they're both sh*t and lazy?

I reckon they have a lot to account for. Not only them but the entire management structure. Starting with Wenger

We make too many mistakes and look too vulnerable off the ball, too much of the time.

Goonerozil33

An extremely easy game which was turned into a thriller by our incompetent defending. We should have buried them in the first half. Also we need better ball playing players in the middle. I think this team lacks technical quality when the best players are not playing. If we sign better ball playing footballers in the summer then we will definitely improve, irrespective of us losing sanchez

OSBK

Established Member
I reckon they have a lot to account for. Not only them but the entire management structure. Starting with Wenger

We make too many mistakes and look too vulnerable off the ball, too much of the time.

Its crazy periods we have. For 95% of the game we had 3 cb's not marking anyone as palace we so deep. Yet somehow for brief periods the whole team just shut off and they scored. Its the same every game, against liverpool the same and utd the same.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Interested in who we faced in those 8 games and of them, how many were away vs at home.

We often get away with it against lesser sides at home which is why some of us continue to pick holes despite getting 3 points.
We faced Leicester, Liverpool twice, Watford, Everton, City, United and Palace.

Three games at home, five away. 9 conceded at home, 13 away.

It's not even the only time we've done similar. The year when we were getting raped by SAS at Anfield, we conceded something like 20 goals in 4 matches. We hilariously kept more clean sheets than any other club if I'm remembering correctly.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry is trying too hard to talk about Arsenal and every little thing about Arsenal, for obvious reasons, but I must say it again, he is often pushing it and on most occasions he is not doing his legendsry status here any favors
Maradona, Henry, Pele..some of these legendary people should be barred from speaking in public.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame we're a shambles defensively, not just at the back but all over the pitch. It masked our performance which I thought was generally outstanding (with the ball).

That last 10 or so minutes really took the gloss off what should have been viewed as a commanding victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom