• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cech us fuming but says he is disappointed. He respectfully asked Dean why the pen was given and he was booked without being given an answer. Cech says that meetings are held every pre season and the agreement is that when it's that close,it's not a pen. Dermot Gallager says no pen.
Wenger-I tried many years ago with David Dean that the refs become professional but their level doesn't go up. Ouch. He also complained about the scheduling and accused the PL of not facing that problem or the issues with refs. He says he won't speak to Dean as there's no point. Great professional interviews from both. Shame about the result.

Refs visit teams and discuss just such situations. Cech asked Cheating /incompetent ( which is it?) Mike Dean about that. Refs say when a player is too close a pen cannot be given - no time to remove arms/hands and not intentional. So why was it given?

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We would have an dirty win today, you need these dirties, close wins.
We get enough 'dirty' wins. 1 goal wins v Palace, Burnley, Swansea, Newcastle, Leicester. We lack the quality to really kill off teams by turning our mammoth possession into opportunities and it hurts us. You'll only sneak those wins so often.

And I know we were ****ed by the ref today, but I'm talking in the wider scheme of things. We don't score enough and our defence isn't reliable enough to win with 1-2 goals per game.

blaze_of_glory

Refs visit teams and discuss just such situations. Cech asked Cheating /incompetent ( which is it?) Mike Dean about that. Refs say when a player is too close a pen cannot be given - no time to remove arms/hands and not intentional. So why was it given?
Dean loves Sp**s and hates us, the years of evidence are overwhelming.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well, he would know...
That fn handball. Very hard when your idol does that.

As for what WBA done to deserve a point, they scored a goal and so did we. That is deserving of a point. Unfortunately football isn't like boxing where the ref can stop it. We didn't take our chances and WBA got a slice of luck and took their point.

**** luck, but like Palace in the last game we didn't do enough to put the game out of sight and when you do that you open yourself upto this possibility.

The real glaring elephant in the room is why is our attack toothless. It's been blunt for so long now. And that's the problem.

arsmile

Established Member
why did dean book cech and not bellerin who was completely all up in his face?

it was like he knew cech was already too far away to hit him

just a coward

FreakySami

We get enough 'dirty' wins. 1 goal wins v Palace, Burnley, Swansea, Newcastle, Leicester. We lack the quality to really kill off teams by turning our mammoth possession into opportunities and it hurts us. You'll only sneak those wins so often.

And I know we were ****ed by the ref today, but I'm talking in the wider scheme of things. We don't score enough and our defence isn't reliable enough to win with 1-2 goals per game.

We got screwed 4-5 tints this season, that's minimum 4-5 points and maximum 8-10 we got screwed over of. When something becomes the norm, it becomes a problem you have to address. Unfortunately, if Wenger had to prepare for the referee playing a part in every game, it would be crazy but myself I would take it into account but then you adjust your game on the fact that the referee doesn't give fouls when he should? What kind of garbage if that!

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
What was really frustrating for me was how lethargic and lacking in drive we looked for large parts of the 2nd half despite needing a goal. I saw no change of plan or intensity despite struggling to create opportunities. I know we got a (flukey) goal in the end, but it looked like the game was passing us by and we weren't doing much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom