• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichWeath

I've played a little bit in goal and one tip I've picked up on penalties is to stand a few inches to your weaker side, narrowing the side you don't want the taker to put it and then commit to your strong side, I.E my right. I wonder if Cech's aware of his dismal record and what he's doing to change that.

Watch the standing foot (i.e. Wilshere's right)of the player taking the pen as he placed the ball on the spot, it generally points where the balls going

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Cech us fuming but says he is disappointed. He respectfully asked Dean why the pen was given and he was booked without being given an answer. Cech says that meetings are held every pre season and the agreement is that when it's that close,it's not a pen. Dermot Gallager says no pen.
Wenger-I tried many years ago with David Dean that the refs become professional but their level doesn't go up. Ouch. He also complained about the scheduling and accused the PL of not facing that problem or the issues with refs. He says he won't speak to Dean as there's no point. Great professional interviews from both. Shame about the result.

Hopefully Arsène doesn't get sanctioned for his remark which will rile up Jose no end :lol::lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Earlier in the game bellerin was denied a stonewall pen so it doesn't matter if the one we actually got was soft.

As many of us have pointed out, looking at Manu, man city, Watford, stoke, wba etc it clearly doesn't even itself out. At least Wenger is starting to tear into the refs, straight outta fergies playbook that.
He's been doing that for a long time M8 (Arsène Whinger??)- not sure it helps us anyway as we've been serial sufferers at the hands of the refs. We've had our share of dodgy penalties go our way also.

We all have a bias towards our own team & think that we get shafted by the refs. No doubt Arsenal have been high on the list of getting some serious bad calls against us. However, seen other teams suffer also.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Calls never even out, it’s just a phrase that gets put out there to draw attention away from how bad it really is.

Do you have any evidence that calls don't even out over a season?

Every single club forum believes their team gets done by bad calls more than most yet I have never seen any fan actually compile a season long list of bad calls both ways to prove their team is actually getting shafted.

For instance just the last two games it has evened out. Palace fans believe they got screwed because Mustafi was offside (technically he was).

So we "should" have drawn against Palace and beaten WB.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you have any evidence that calls don't even out over a season?

Every single club forum believes their team gets done by bad calls more than most yet I have never seen any fan actually compile a season long list of bad calls both ways to prove their team is actually getting shafted.

For instance just the last two games it has evened out. Palace fans believe they got screwed because Mustafi was offside (technically he was).

So we "should" have drawn against Palace and beaten WB.

Untold Arsenal use to have a ref review table that showed all the decisions for and against us, was always heavily in favour of our opponents.

But even if bad calls were proven to even out it still wouldn't necessarily mean the table is correct. A wrong call at 0-0 with an hour still to play is alot less damaging than the same call in injury time.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Untold Arsenal use to have a ref review table that showed all the decisions for and against us, was always heavily in favour of our opponents.

But even if bad calls were proven to even out it still wouldn't necessarily mean the table is correct. A wrong call at 0-0 with an hour still to play is alot less damaging than the same call in injury time.

I am a little suspicious of a biased club site interpreting what fair and unfair ref calls were. I would prefer an objective third party analysis that contains links to sources otherwise how do I know its not just Untold Arsenal's personal feelings and not objective fact.

Again, every single club forum/group/etc I have looked at over decades thinks their team is more often unfairly ruled against. I don't think I have ever seen a group of fans that believes the balance is in their favor. Heck City believes the conspiracy against goes much further than just the refs, its the FA, all the big media, etc that are all out to get them. They have tens of thousands of posts "proving" how everyone is against them.

So without actual evidence proving this, I call BS on the assertion that we are always the ones on the unfair end. Last two games it even out. We deserved 4 points and we got 4 points.

Preacher

Always Crying
I don't know about all the EPL refs and their unfairly ruling against us, which maybe even out over a season, but Dean definitely has something against us.

31% win rate, when he referees our games. And we're in the bottom 3 by penalties, which Dean is given for. 50/50 situation means that Dean will give decision against us everytime. We're not a mid-table club, that we would have these kind of stats. Too many coincidences.

Do we have ref, who likes us and can even out all Dean's p1ss poor decisions against us ?

I'd say doubtful.

karl

I wouldn't mind all handballs in the penalty area being a penalty, because that would at least bring consistency. This way it would be the defenders responsibility to keep his hands out of the way. Also it would remove any "creative" decisions from referees like Dean.

Giroud12

This season it will not even itself out unless something spectacular happens. An in-depth analysis of every game would show that.

One problem is shiit refs, but another one is that calls seem to be completely random. I don´t like to see pens given when a defender gets the ball kicked into his arm, but I could live with it if it was somewhat consistent. Perfect example is the same ref, the same team, and the exact same situation (us vs Leicester) and penalty not given, but somehow it was given against WBA. In other words its completely random, and Dean is either corrupt (not likely) or an incompetent attention seeking wh0re (likely). Either way, the game is ruined when there is no logic behind a ref´s decisions.

Same with the tackle on KDB the other night, Kane vs City and Alli every week. Red cards not given, and next week some tackle deserving of a yellow at the most will be given as a straight red. Lacazette offside vs Stoke called, Silva 5 yards off against us not given. Sometimes retrospective action is taken, yet Lukaku gets away with elbowing a defender and Richarlison with diving against us us, and at the same time Rooney got a several match ban for screaming to a tv camera.

It´s annoying for us but FA are the ones with a serious problem. They protect their refs but of course they see what everyone else sees. That´s why VAR will be standard in a few seasons tops, and thank god for that!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
This season it will not even itself out unless something spectacular happens. An in-depth analysis of every game would show that.

One problem is shiit refs, but another one is that calls seem to be completely random. I don´t like to see pens given when a defender gets the ball kicked into his arm, but I could live with it if it was somewhat consistent. Perfect example is the same ref, the same team, and the exact same situation (us vs Leicester) and penalty not given, but somehow it was given against WBA. In other words its completely random, and Dean is either corrupt (not likely) or an incompetent attention seeking wh0re (likely). Either way, the game is ruined when there is no logic behind a ref´s decisions.

Same with the tackle on KDB the other night, Kane vs City and Alli every week. Red cards not given, and next week some tackle deserving of a yellow at the most will be given as a straight red. Lacazette offside vs Stoke called, Silva 5 yards off against us not given. Sometimes retrospective action is taken, yet Lukaku gets away with elbowing a defender and Richarlison with diving against us us, and at the same time Rooney got a several match ban for screaming to a tv camera.

It´s annoying for us but FA are the ones with a serious problem. They protect their refs but of course they see what everyone else sees. That´s why VAR will be standard in a few seasons tops, and thank god for that!
The powers that be love the controversy because it keeps everyone talking about football.

pacstud

Terrible call.

That being said, I do actually see why Deano called it from his angle. Absolute worst perspective (arm away from body, unnatural angle, etc)...

Video.
Review.
On.
Penalties.

IslingtonBornandbred

Terrible call.

That being said, I do actually see why Deano called it from his angle. Absolute worst perspective (arm away from body, unnatural angle, etc)...

Video.
Review.
On.
Penalties.

Never call him "Deano". He's not our mate, he's a bald headed skinny little arrogant ****!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just got back from a family wedding and watched a recording of West Brom game. Difficult match in the pouring rain. 83 minutes, leapt out of the chair, 'Yes, we're catching United'. Sanchez!!!
What a way to round off a superb couple of days.

89 minutes, Mike Dean as good as kicked me in b*llocks.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jamie Redknapp
"It's a horrendous decision, it really is. There's no doubt at all, that he's not put his hand to the ball, that's ball to hand. We want consistency in the games. He's balanced and if anything he doesn't want that ball to hit his arm, it's a really poor, poor decision."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom