• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vantoure

I hate Henry as a pundit, mainly because his English isn't fluent enough. He stumbles through every sentence, which becomes grating very quickly.

For me it was the way Bellerin made contact as well. Very deliberate, leg stretched out etc. Hazard obviously went down like a sack of **** but that's really the only thing he should do there, as **** as that sounds.

Soft penno for sure but I highly doubt Hazard gets a ban for simulation. He exaggerated the contact but the contact was definitely there.
What are you going to do when trying to shoot a ball, you keep your leg to your side?
He was late to the ball and caught hazard in the lightest manner possible. Deliberate about what exactly? Deliberately tried to hit him?

BTW, if it wasn't obvious that hazard was trying to sell the ref already, why was he clutching his shin when the contact was with the sole of his foot.

vantoure

You're right. That better defender totally didn't make a complete arse of himself against United and Liverpool or anything.
Lol, he's still a better defender.

Just as Costa - who is supposed to be a better striker - was there when Chelsea was beat on the fa cup final and whooped by 3 goals in this fixture last season.

Point is, if you don't get it yet, there are multiple side to a story. You don't just swap morata and say Chelsea would have tonked us. Why not be fair and swap Chambers with koscielny or another better defender and say the better striker wouldn't have had a sniff

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pointless to discuss if they had x player. What if Chelsea didn’t have Courtois? What if we ourselves had a better striker than Lacazette? Could go on all day.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That match at the Emirates had just about everything. Like a firework going off . . flare, dazzle and pazazz.

Conte's team got taken apart by some beautiful passing moves. Wengerball at it's best. Courtois was outstanding and saved two certain goals and the ref had to give Chelsea a leg up to keep them in the game.

Our squad may be cheaper but Jesus we gave it a go. Football is about entertainment and Wenger delivers. Edge of seat stuff. No wonder our stadium is full.

I'm a third generation Gooner fan, but if our fans ever force us to have a boring defensive manager, I'll stick to rugby.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

AMN really is a talented footballer. We've got both left backs injured and he did a superb job. No wonder Conte had to take Moses off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Even if we lose Özil and Sanchez over the summer, we should concentrate on getting some proper defenders in over the summer, before we do anything else.
So we can watch them morph into complete spastics before our very eyes in the space of a few months under Wenger. That's old now. I'd rather buy some **** defenders and see what a different manager could do with them.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That match at the Emirates had just about everything. Like a firework going off . . flare, dazzle and pazazz.

Conte's team got taken apart by some beautiful passing moves. Wengerball at it's best. Courtois was outstanding and saved two certain goals and the ref had to give Chelsea a leg up to keep them in the game.

Our squad may be cheaper but Jesus we gave it a go. Football is about entertainment and Wenger delivers. Edge of seat stuff. No wonder our stadium is full.

I'm a third generation Gooner fan, but if our fans ever force us to have a boring defensive manager, I'll stick to rugby.

Better officiating in the rugby.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So we can watch them morph into complete spastics before our very eyes in the space of a few months under Wenger. That's old now. I'd rather by some **** defenders and see what a different manager could do with them.
Yep, doesn't matter who we sign at the back, look at the last few buys, Gabriel, Mustafi, Holding, they all started really well and after a few months here they become poor.

Gabriel is starting for Valencia now who sit above Madrid ffs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AMN really is a talented footballer. We've got both left backs injured and he did a superb job. No wonder Conte had to take Moses off.
Talented footballer, yes, but where Will he end up under Wenger, positionally? I'm guessing the 'talented footballer' position. Everywhere but ultimately, nowhere.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea or Charlton, we need 3 goals to win a game this season it seems and that's sometimes not enough!

We are truly disgraceful defensively.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

(1) The stadium wasn't full
(2) We don't have Henry Bergkamp Adams Cole etc.. anymore so why not slightly tune our overall attacking ideology in an appropriate manner to compensate for the drop in ability of our current players.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yep, doesn't matter who we sign at the back, look at the last few buys, Gabriel, Mustafi, Holding, they all started really well and after a few months here they become poor.

Gabriel is starting for Valencia now who sit above Madrid ffs.
Just checked his Squawka stats, same as at Arsenal. One of the poorest at Valencia and still making defensive errors. Leopard and spots etc.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Lol, he's still a better defender.

Just as Costa - who is supposed to be a better striker - was there when Chelsea was beat on the fa cup final and whooped by 3 goals in this fixture last season.

Point is, if you don't get it yet, there are multiple side to a story. You don't just swap morata and say Chelsea would have tonked us. Why not be fair and swap Chambers with koscielny or another better defender and say the better striker wouldn't have had a sniff
Because the evidence is overwhelming based on this season's form and results. If you don't get it yet, our defensive calamties doesn't really depend on personnel as the Liverpool, United and now this game have shown. Whether or not we play our strongest back three/back four is irrelevant. The outcome is the same. The underlying cause is far more complicated than just the difference between Chambers and Koscielny.

Jojoba

Our defence is a joke. Morata could have scored a hat trick on another day. We also lacked out. The attacking play was somewhat. Could be better.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Our defence is a joke. Morata could have scored a hat trick on another day. We also lacked out. The attacking play was somewhat. Could be better.
That's what happens when you load what money you can afford into the forward line. You have to score more than you concede.

You buy £2m players from Bolton in the hope that Stat DNA works, it's wing and a prayer stuff. If only Kroenke had allowed £75m for VVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom