• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yes. Very hard to spot from that angle (it's much clearer from behind the touchline) but look closely at 0.11 in that clip: Moses' right kneecap hits Ainsley's heel knocking his right foot onto the back of his standing leg making him lose balance.

I'm sorry but that's at best inconclusive, let alone enough for any ref to give a PK. I've tried to look at that footage frame by frame and I can't see any definitive contact.

Sudders

And stop saying he goes down because his own leg hits his other leg... We all agree on that! It's what happens a moment before that that is the contributing factor

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm sorry but that's at best inconclusive, let alone enough for any ref to give a PK. I've tried to look at that footage frame by frame and I can't see any definitive contact.

They don't show video but BeIN concludes that there was contact and that it was a penalty.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
All it takes is the slightest contact to cause his foot to move off course, happened in this instance as well:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
His objectivity is subjective. I don't think he's biased. I've seen him lean both ways.
It's not bias per se, he just won't criticise Belgian players because he works with them. Understandable, but it definitely effects him when he analyses incidents like yesterday.

It was equally ridiculous when Gary Neville refused to criticise Joe Hart when he was with England as well.

skip spence

I agree that from that footage it is inconclusive. However from replays behind the goal it's clear as a sunny day: there was contact. Couldn't find that footage but here are some pundits debating the issue. Some say it was a penalty some don't but they all agree there was contact.

Godwin1

Very well-known
No way is that a penalty guys, think the place would explode if that were given against us.

Changing the subject a lot of Chelsea fans saying Wilshere should have been sent off for diving before he scored.

al-Ustaadh

It not a pen in any way :lol:

No way is that a penalty guys, think the place would explode if that were given against us.

Changing the subject a lot of Chelsea fans saying Wilshere should have been sent off for diving before he scored.

Pen to me. I've seen it given many times. Player makes contact with the defender, which causes him to trip himself.

And yes, Wilshere should've been sent off as well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's not bias per se, he just won't criticise Belgian players because he works with them. Understandable, but it definitely effects him when he analyses incidents like yesterday.

It was equally ridiculous when Gary Neville refused to criticise Joe Hart when he was with England as well.
I've not had many chances to see how he is with Belgian players tbh. When else has blatantly sided with a fellow Belgian?

Godwin1

Very well-known
Pen to me. I've seen it given many times. Player makes contact with the defender, which causes him to trip himself.

And yes, Wilshere should've been sent off as well.
Honestly can't see any contact mate from the replay posted here, you got a different angle you could link me?

al-Ustaadh

Honestly can't see any contact mate from the replay posted here, you got a different angle you could link me?

Nope. NBC Sports had the best. It showed clear contact. And if you go up a few posts, you'll find BeIN talking about it. All on BeIN agreed there was contact but they all didn't agree if it was a penalty or not (they don't show footage of it).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I see your point about Wenger's 'defensive' subs but watching the game last night I cried for that sub too. Chelsea had us rocking and reeling at that point and many of our players looked completely gassed, not least Laca who hadn't had a meaningful touch for 15 min or so. Welbeck, despite his fumbling, clownish act, should have been able to cause trouble and get behind with his athleticism, direct running and strength.
In fact he did, but he ballsed up, as is his wont.

Don't know what Walcott has done to become so utterly marginalised by Wenger though...

Yes we did need a sub but Wenger seems incapable of coming up with something different and regularly ends up weakening our display. I also dont understand why Walcott has been neglected this season, he's no worldy but he offers more than Welbeck.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Can someone point out where Moses clips AMN?

Ok, that's the first time I've seen it as I missed the first half. AMN clearly trips himself one foot on top of the other. In slow mo its even clearer. I thought AMN was good, certainly seems to be performing better in his PL chances than he has in cup games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom