• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ok, that's the first time I've seen it as I missed the first half. AMN clearly trips himself one foot on top of the other. In slow mo its even clearer. I thought AMN was good, certainly seems to be performing better in his PL chances than he has in cup games.

He makes contact with Moses's knee before he trips himself. BeIN and NBC Sports had good angles of it. All on BeIN agreed there was contact but they didn't all agree on it being a penalty or not. I think it was. I've seen it given way too many times in the past. Defender makes contact, which causes the player to trip himself.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No way is that a penalty guys, think the place would explode if that were given against us.

Changing the subject a lot of Chelsea fans saying Wilshere should have been sent off for diving before he scored.
That's because the Sky pundits kept going on about it. But the Sky Ref Watch said the ref called it correctly.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Thanks, just a white screen, I need to download something but I have Firefox and I think they're probably incompatible or something.

Clearly a browser issue then. You probably need the latest Adobe flash plugin for Firefox.

Can you switch to Chrome?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I've not had many chances to see how he is with Belgian players tbh. When else has blatantly sided with a fellow Belgian?
Never blatantly, but it does creep into his analysis. Rarely hear him say a bad word about Lukaku for example.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
No way is that a penalty guys, think the place would explode if that were given against us.

Changing the subject a lot of Chelsea fans saying Wilshere should have been sent off for diving before he scored.

Gary Neville wouldnt stop banging on about it. It was infuriating.

I guess the "every right to go down"/"initiating contact" rules dont apply to Arsenal players.

The Vardy one still really annoys me as he straight up jumps away from the ball and into Monreal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How would AMN trip himself in that situation anyway? He was going to plant his right foot before the contact with Moses caused his leg to straighten and then go into his standing foot.

It happens all the time, that's why attackers are told run across their defender. Either they pull out leaving you in the clear, or they make contact (incidental or not) and it's a foul. I didn't think this was a penalty though.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Gary Neville wouldnt stop banging on about it. It was infuriating.

I guess the "every right to go down"/"initiating contact" rules dont apply to Arsenal players.

The Vardy one still really annoys me as he straight up jumps away from the ball and into Monreal.

Boy how could I forget!?

Dont remember Neville coming out condemning Rooney for manufacturing/making up contact here.

Sudders

Pen to me. I've seen it given many times. Player makes contact with the defender, which causes him to trip himself.

And yes, Wilshere should've been sent off as well.
But usually in those instances the defender cuts across the back of the attacker or makes a movement towards the ball or leg... In this case I don't think either happened and if anything, AMN cut across him. I'm not saying I haven't seen them given but no way is it for me

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
But usually in those instances the defender cuts across the back of the attacker or makes a movement towards the ball or leg... In this case I don't think either happened and if anything, AMN cut across him. I'm not saying I haven't seen them given but no way is it for me

There was contact that caused AMN to trip himself. Wouldn't have gone over if there wasn't contact. Pen for me.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Honestly with all the hate in the media, the backlash from fans, the issues with FA and disrespect from other managers (even opposition fans), constant critique from ex players he loved and who loved him, I don't know where he finds the strength to continue on. Lot of respect for the love for the club, commitment and thick skin this man has.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Pointless to discuss if they had x player. What if Chelsea didn’t have Courtois? What if we ourselves had a better striker than Lacazette? Could go on all day.
Agree.

Also I find it ridiculous that people are saying **** like "imagine if they had a better striker than Morata". So the striker they paid 62M euro for is not good enough to score on at least one of three big chances? Sure.

I am more leaning towards a, what if De Gea and Courtois didn't have monster games against us? Or if our defense was more cohesive and played together weekly. That would change things more.

Sudders

There was contact that caused AMN to trip himself. Wouldn't have gone over if there wasn't contact. Pen for me.
Which leads us into the tricky patch of intentional or accidental contact. Should all contact be treated the same? What if said player sticks his leg towards the defender and draws the contact much like Jack did outside the box?

I don't think it's simple as that and we'd be fuming if a pen like that was given against us.... Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom