• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our FA Cup history is glorious under Wenger. I know we’re in a mess but sometimes you don’t need to over react so much.
This is not just about the FA Cup or the league cup or the league. This form is spread over pretty much the entire season. The defending, the lack of quality up front, the lack of quality on the bench and the list goes on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Going to sleep I think. Starting work at 10am tommorow. Getting old, need a good 12 hour sleep these days.

Reactions: A_G

infinium

This is not just about the FA Cup or the league cup or the league. This form is spread over pretty much the entire season. The defending, the lack of quality up front, the lack of quality on the bench and the list goes on.
I think today was about the midfield. Wilshere's upgrade to the first team has undoubtedly helped the first team. Problem is that it means there is poverty for the second string now. We have never looked so short on quality midfield options as we did today.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did Mertesacker even make a tackle today? He was a complete let down today, should be fining himself.

Game was thrown before we kicked off, that team never looked like it would come away with anything more than a draw.

So were the main guys being rested for the League Cup semi final? Pathetic selection if not.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I loved Arteta as a player and he looks a great guy but its still a massive risk taking him on. Zidane did pretty well though I guess for a while you can argue...

Zidane inherited a team full of multi million pound superstars and some would argue the best player to ever play the game. It would be far easier to get a tune out of those players than Arteta; who would inherit a team full of mismatched journeyman that will have been freshly stripped of its two best players, with no champions league football to attract top class replacements and a board that is tighter than a nats arsehole stretched over a rainbow!

The way things stand we need a miracle to get this club back on track.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think today was about the midfield. Wilshere's upgrade to the first team has undoubtedly helped the first team. Problem is that it means there is poverty for the second string now. We have never looked so short on quality midfield options as we did today.
I thought the entire team looked dysfunctional. Any ball played behind Mertesacker and they were in. Lack of pressure from the midfield aided to that but even still you can't stop every single ball behind the back line. Going forward it wasn't any better. One of our goal was scored from a set piece and the other due to a keeper error.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zidane inherited a team full of multi million pound superstars and some would argue the best player to ever play the game. It would be far easier to get a tune out of those players than Arteta; who would inherit a team full of mismatched journeyman that will have been freshly stripped of its two best players, with no champions league football to attract top class replacements and a board that is tighter than a nats arsehole stretched over a rainbow!

The way things stand we need a miracle to get this club back on track.

Sven could bring in young players and Arteta could develop them into an exciting unit. But we’re far from a top club now.

infinium

I thought the entire team looked dysfunctional. Any ball played behind Mertesacker and they were in. Lack of pressure from the midfield aided to that but even still you can't stop every single ball behind the back line. Going forward it wasn't any better. One of our goal was scored from a set piece and the other due to a keeper error.
Oh, don't get me wrong, the whole thing was a disaster from the moment the team sheet was announced. However, the midfield is particularly problematic for me because we are really short in that area (whereas it used to be an area of strength). I don't think these kids we have now are even as good as Song and Denilson and we ditched them years ago and that's my biggest concern.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Sven could bring in young players and Arteta could develop them into an exciting unit. But we’re far from a top club now.

I’m afraid you’re right *sigh

Shame, after all the hardship in moving stadiums. All the foundations were there. If we’d attracted Abramovich instead of Chelsea at the time, with what we already had in place with the stadium, an owner who only accepted winning and the absolute best standards, the team we had and our standing in the game at that point. We would be a European superpower by now and probably have at least one Champions league under our belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom