• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup I Chelsea v Arsenal 1st leg I 10/1/18 I 8pm GMT | Sky Sports

Which Mitchell are you?

• Phil Mitchell

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Billy Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Grant Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberHawk

I have to say, for once i was impressed with our D. Finnaly we played like we gave a ****. Mustafi was motm for me. Every header he was there, got some very nice blocks in.

Loved the game from Chambers and Holding to. If they keep playing like this i can understand not going for a player like Evans. They looked solid and kept it simple.

The only thing we need to improve was to many balls just back to chelsea. A litle bit better holdup play and maybe a bit more cool with the passing. But then again, rather they just play it away than give away clear cut chances.

Plutarch

I'm happy with the result last night. Given where we are at Arsenal, and with our injuries, it was a good performance. Our second 0-0 away to Chelsea this season. That doesn't happen if you have no tactics and no defensive organisation, which Wenger is sometimes accused of. Our current situation is not fantastic but we're not a shambles either.

Plus, I don't really mind if Sanchez leaves. Someone like Mahrez would contribute more to the team than Sanchez does at the moment.

karl

If only we could continue with last night's defending and concentration. However, we have all seen so many false dawns and players saying they have learnt their lesson.

This kind of performance always comes when the team have reached rock bottom and feel the heat from fans. The real test will be to keep it going for 10 games and not make ridiculous individual errors.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
If only we could continue with last night's defending and concentration. However, we have all seen so many false dawns and players saying they have learnt their lesson.

This kind of performance always comes when the team have reached rock bottom and feel the heat from fans. The real test will be to keep it going for 10 games and not make ridiculous individual errors.
Unfortunately what we've seen over the years is that type of defending, which was ok not great imo, usually comes at the expense of our attacking game. So I don't really see this as ,matter of learning a lesson as the team will show their flakiness as soon as we get back into beast mode and our best attacking players are available. It's more a matter of balance for me and in recent years I haven't seen an Arsenal team that attacks AND defends well enough in the same game on a consistent basis to say we've learned our lessons.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How the mighty have fallen. We're celebrating getting through a game without any monumental **** ups :lol:

I've said this before but Conte continues playing into our hands by neglecting the use of wingers (Pedro and Willian) and using 2 or sometimes 3 defensive minded midfielders. They were awful.

I hope he does the same in the return leg because I'd fancy us to get at least a couple of goals against them.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I was confident of a draw once I saw the lineups last night.
It blows my mind how much better we look as a team defending when there is no Sanchez in the team, and to some extent Özil.
Yet, evwrytime it happens; people forget it soon after.

Once again Welbeck showed us all what it means to play for a team. He is not a finisher or a creative player, but he plays for the team, and since this is a team sport; it makes world of difference.
He is not closing down players when he decides to, but when team is about to do the same. He is not trying meaningless passes that end up being easily dealt with and turned into good counter attack that puts us on our back foot amd under pressure that also creates good momentum for opposing players. I could go on...
We lacked creativity and flair since we missed some starters, but there are games, like this one, where you wanna get a good result and have a composed performance. We dis that, away from home, against champions, twice this season, but last night ot was done with 2 young Cb’s and 2 wingers/am’s that are actually our squad players. Credit where it’s due.
Now go on and learn from games lile this, but in order to do that; people/fans should concentrate on the football much, much more, then we are.

Sanchez was **** when he came on, even my wife sees it now and she loves him but pisses her off so bad.
Iwobi continues with some good stuff and bad final balls, but I talked about that in his topic.
Jack is the best ever, Mustafi as SW in 3 man defense always looked good while 2 youngsters around him also did well in such a tough game.
Welbeck was good, invisible at times for am average football eye, but he did tons of goods last night, especially as the game went on when he single handedly kept their defenders constantly occupied and by doing that helped us close the game safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom