• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
On a less (maybe more actually) serious note, it's 4am and I'm in the most run down Uber of my life. I have more. Chance of getting to the airport alive than we have of signing Mahrez.

And this is saying something.

Feels like we see a good player, but something has rubbed the scouts the wrong way.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I still would really like him here but if we're getting Malcom, would they be able to play together? Malcom I think really depends on his RW spot, because he used to play LW and became much better when he switched. He can cut inside to shoot now and feels more at ease to drift centrally, where he can be dangerous. Mahrez seems to also play predominantly at RW. I can't see it working, at least not at the best that it could work.

When Puel took over at Leicester he gave Mahrez more of a free role, during games he'll often switch position with Gray and Albrighton.

I think we could find a way to make it work with both him and Malcom but probably not while Özil's still here.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
On a less (maybe more actually) serious note, it's 4am and I'm in the most run down Uber of my life. I have more. Chance of getting to the airport alive than we have of signing Mahrez.

And this is saying something.

Feels like we see a good player, but something has rubbed the scouts the wrong way.
That sounds bad, thought you were joking until I read you are from Brazil. Are you joking? I bought a book and cds to learn Portuguese, European though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That sounds bad, thought you were joking until I read you are from Brazil. Are you joking? I bought a book and cds to learn Portuguese, European though.

I kinda was and wasn't. The Uber I was in would make a #ubered tweet from Geoff proud. I was honestly glad the front right wheel did not fly off.

Me and my gf joke that we're cursed when traveling together, there's always a huge delay or accident.

We're now headed to Chile/atacama desert, so here's hoping our bad luck doesn't make any active volcanos go off :lol:

Portuguese is a nice language, grammar is a bit complicated if you get into the technical stuff, but its fun.

Spanish is a lot of fun too. Had a good time butchering @MaraDon language to his fellow Argentines.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Will Mahrez ever leave Leicester? Whether it's to Arsenal or not, you've got to say it's bizarre he hasn't moved somewhere yet.

If our interest in Malcom bears fruit then I'd say that blocks any Mahrez move; they play the same position basically. It could be we've never been interested in him at all.

If not us then where does he go? I don't quite see where he fits in at Liverpool, though I see a role for him at Chelsea. I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy! Imagine being that talented and watching on while the likes of Walcott get moves while no-one comes calling for you.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There is no real or reliable links on Mahrez all reports are coming from Algeria are weak even Liverpool are not for him, i think he'll stay until the end of the season.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This transfer makes too much sense so we know it's not gonna happen. Sanches wont be replaced adequately. Best wrap your minds around that from now to avoid the meltdown.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There is no real or reliable links on Mahrez all reports are coming from Algeria are weak even Liverpool are not for him, i think he'll stay until the end of the season.

I think so too. By the summer it will be two full seasons since his title-winning year that he'll have stayed at Leicester. For a professional footballer with such ability - one with no emotional connection to Leicester - that's far too long. Maybe he needs a better agent.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think so too. By the summer it will be two full seasons since his title-winning year that he'll have stayed at Leicester. For a professional footballer with such ability - one with no emotional connection to Leicester - that's far too long. Maybe he needs a better agent.
I did speculate a few pages back that there could be something going on under the radar which is putting clubs off - it does happen

I remember my father telling me of a time when he was on the executive committee of a non-league club, when Jimmy Greaves was being offered around for peanuts - but any takers had to settle a massive gambling debt on the QT

Zaza

Seriously though - why aren't any big club in for this guy?? Manure are going for Lucas Moura, we don't seem to want to sign him. It's just weird

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I did speculate a few pages back that there could be something going on under the radar which is putting clubs off - it does happen

I remember my father telling me of a time when he was on the executive committee of a non-league club, when Jimmy Greaves was being offered around for peanuts - but any takers had to settle a massive gambling debt on the QT
How long ago was this. Surely with today's reporters you;d see a rumour somehwhere about something.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
How long ago was this. Surely with today's reporters you;d see a rumour somehwhere about something.
several lifetimes ago - but you can't tell me there haven't been issues around drug-taking that have been hushed up - and not one player has ever been outed as gay by the media

only our Jack invariably gets photographed outside nightclubs

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
several lifetimes ago - but you can't tell me there haven't been issues around drug-taking that have been hushed up - and not one player has ever been outed as gay by the media

only our Jack invariably gets photographed outside nightclubs
This is partly true. You see rumours every now and again but you are right they do not outright claim anyon is gay. Although there must be a few.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I don't quite understand, are you guys insinuating being gay is equivalent to gambling debts or drug habits in dissuading clubs from buying a player?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't quite understand, are you guys insinuating being gay is equivalent to gambling debts or drug habits in dissuading clubs from buying a player?
absolutely not - just comparing things media might have reported but have not

not that the media would dare to suggest being gay was in any way an issue, but that wouldn't stop them reporting it, probably by praising X or Y as being brave

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
absolutely not - just comparing things media might have reported but have not

not that the media would dare to suggest being gay was in any way an issue, but that wouldn't stop them reporting it, probably by praising X or Y as being brave

Ah fair enough. I happen to think the glaring lack of openly gay players is one of the biggest indictments on the state of the game in the present day.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I still would really like him here but if we're getting Malcom, would they be able to play together? Malcom I think really depends on his RW spot, because he used to play LW and became much better when he switched. He can cut inside to shoot now and feels more at ease to drift centrally, where he can be dangerous. Mahrez seems to also play predominantly at RW. I can't see it working, at least not at the best that it could work.

Depth is always needed.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Ah fair enough. I happen to think the glaring lack of openly gay players is one of the biggest indictments on the state of the game in the present day.
agreed - though itsroot cause surely is the attitude of some supporters, who would doubtless make life very difficult for an openly gay footballer, and I suspect many club stewards would not take them on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom