• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Can't believe how much slack this guy is getting. His form isn't great but he hasn't been a flop. Quite clearly a player that needs his confidence managed and I do not feel Wenger is doing him any favours by taking him off. FFS, why can't we put two up top for certain games.

Still truly feel he will be great for us. How many strikers come into this league and tear it up immediately?
'Arry Kane and Aguero, but that's about it. Laca is a 50MM player in a world were Coutinho costs 105-140MM -- it is what it is.

Malky

Established Member
The more I think about it, the more I doubt Lacazette was a Wenger signing. We've been linked with Laca every transfer window for about 3 years straight, every time we overlooked him, tried to sign Vardy over him and chose not to sign him but to stick with what we had. We could of also had Lacazette for half of what we paid - if we moved a season or two earlier. Instead it feels like the pressure of the fans demanding a big money CF forced the boards hand into signing him. Could explain the way Lacazette has been managed here (doesn't have Wengers full backing but feels forced to play him because of the fee) Wenger also played down the transfer fee when he was signed, made a comment about how it feels like we only payed half the amount because we got Kolasinac for free, like saying Özil is still his record signing.

I'm probably overthinking this completely :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger also played down the transfer fee when he was signed, made a comment about how it feels like we only payed half the amount because we got Kolasinac for free, like saying Özil is still his record signing.
I think he was trying to insinuate it was great business when comparing to the other striker deals around....

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
This was Lacazette before he joined Arsenal

650736876-olympique-lyonnais-v-as-roma-uefa-europa-league-round-of-16-first-leg.jpg.jpg

6 months later after being substituted in the 70th minute every game

9ThvNKdeM-8FYxL4sPGs-KQuALhZNXUZDs4d7oqZULQ.jpg

IslingtonBornandbred

The more I think about it, the more I doubt Lacazette was a Wenger signing. We've been linked with Laca every transfer window for about 3 years straight, every time we overlooked him, tried to sign Vardy over him and chose not to sign him but to stick with what we had. We could of also had Lacazette for half of what we paid - if we moved a season or two earlier. Instead it feels like the pressure of the fans demanding a big money CF forced the boards hand into signing him. Could explain the way Lacazette has been managed here (doesn't have Wengers full backing but feels forced to play him because of the fee) Wenger also played down the transfer fee when he was signed, made a comment about how it feels like we only payed half the amount because we got Kolasinac for free, like saying Özil is still his record signing.

Don't think he had a choice buddy!

There was only so many strikers we could go in for and not get i.e Suarez, Higuain, Vardy. I think Lacazette was literally the best one available we could have got! He obviously had doubts which is why he has been following him for so long but didn't sign him, but he needed to sign a striker.

First time poster on here, but thought I'd share my findings:

Lacazette in Ligue 1

16/17
Total Goals: 28
> 75mins: 9 (32%)

15/16
Total Goals: 21
> 75mins: 7 (33%)

14/15
Total Goals: 27
> 75mins: 10 (37%)

Scoring 34% of your goals after 75mins since 2014 is an obvious trend. The most frustrating thing is that his all round play has been better than the majority of his teammates, so it seems peculiar that Arsène Wenger keeps subbing him.

say yes

forum master baiter

Lacazette in Ligue 1

16/17

15/16

14/15

Scoring 34% of your goals after 75mins since 2014 is an obvious trend. The most frustrating thing is that his all round play has been better than the majority of his teammates, so it seems peculiar that Arséne Wenger keeps subbing him.

But but he has stamina issues!!

But but he has stamina issues!!
He's been here since July and rested for Europa League trips, if he's not fit now he never will be - if that's the case, the coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves. Personally, in the matches where he's completed the full 90 he's looked fine, but I do feel he's so used to being subbed now that he drops off slightly at 60-75mins, which of course he needs to work on.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Weird thing about Laca right now is his all around play is neat and tidy, really nice touches and passses. Thats always welcome considering Giroud was the man up top before him.

But his finishing has been a bit average so far. I wouldnt say its bad, its just that I havent seen much lethal finishing from him

TheArsenalis

Lacazette in Ligue 1

16/17

15/16

14/15

Scoring 34% of your goals after 75mins since 2014 is an obvious trend. The most frustrating thing is that his all round play has been better than the majority of his teammates, so it seems peculiar that Arséne Wenger keeps subbing him.
its really not, whats more dominant wenger 20 year trend of subbing new recruits or laca 3 year trend?

TheArsenalis

Weird thing about Laca right now is his all around play is neat and tidy, really nice touches and passses. Thats always welcome considering Giroud was the man up top before him.

But his finishing has been a bit average so far. I wouldnt say its bad, its just that I havent seen much lethal finishing from him
maybe its a time thing, or the way we play in the final third, the guy is built to score on the run. whats crazy is we have possible nice combination with him and giroud power and in a old school 442.
but all the formation changes wenger makes doesnt really seem to give arsenal or the players an edge.

Juni

Alex have done his job guys. Grizou confirmed for next season, was yesterday in London already searching for his future house

1rxe7p.jpg

Arsenal front three in september :
Laca--Griez
---Fekir---

Make Arsenal french again!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Alex have done his job guys. Grizou confirmed for next season, was yesterday in London already searching for his future house

1rxe7p.jpg

Arsenal front three in september :
Laca--Griez
---Fekir---

Make Arsenal french again!

He's gonna sub him for Giroud at half time isn't he?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger talking about how the PL is more physically demanding than France and how great the physical demand is on a striker.

As I suspected, and have said many times, the substitutions are a clear sign that Wenger is protecting Lacazette.

The people who complain about the subs have little or no knowledge about the situation, if I’m to be blunt.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Wenger signs the players.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He's been here since July and rested for Europa League trips, if he's not fit now he never will be - if that's the case, the coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves. Personally, in the matches where he's completed the full 90 he's looked fine, but I do feel he's so used to being subbed now that he drops off slightly at 60-75mins, which of course he needs to work on.
If you know beforehand 70 mins is all you get you give everything in those minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom