• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Domestically, United have won 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup since Fergie left. We have won 3 FA Cups. When Fergie left, we had clearly the better team. Not only that, we went on to sign Alexis Sanchez - who made that gap even bigger.

In the vital stages of our club's history - when we should have pushed on and went all out to win the league title (the year that Leicester did) - we instead decided it wasn't worth it - with our owner even saying that he wasn't in football to win trophies. During that time, we've continued to act like a small club.. having our manager tell us about his history over and over again like it justifies the present. His statement the other day that if it comes down to money between us and City, 'we will lose', is a testament to this. Of course, it's true - but saying it in the public domain is defeatist and small time.

Now, a United side that were trash (and to a decent extent still are), have continued to act like a big club even through bad times. They've pushed on and are about to sign our best player just because they have the will to improve and ambition to finish ahead of City (whereas we, by our manager's own admission, cannot compete with them).

The difference is perception. The difference is ambition.

Wenger and the board have let us down for the past 4 years.

Emmanueleboue2

If kroene wants to run the club to the ground then just dont do any signings. Just sell of the team and f u c k off you f ucking leech. Don´t add **** players on ridicolous wages.

Never thought after Rvp left us for United, We would have to go through the same **** again.. The whole club from the top needs to look at themselves and consider what on earth they are doing. Selling to city is one thing but selling to United a team that we are on par with and competing with for a champions league place, that's a disgrace..

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Domestically, United have won 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup since Fergie left. We have won 3 FA Cups. When Fergie left, we had clearly the better team. Not only that, we went on to sign Alexis Sanchez - who made that gap even bigger.

In the vital stages of our club's history - when we should have pushed on and went all out to win the league title (the year that Leicester did) - we instead decided it wasn't worth it - with our owner even saying that he wasn't in football to win trophies. During that time, we've continued to act like a small club.. having our manager tell us about his history over and over again like it justifies the present. His statement the other day that if it comes down to money between us and City, 'we will lose', is a testament to this. Of course, it's true - but saying it in the public domain is defeatist and small time.

Now, a United side that were trash (and to a decent extent still are), have continued to act like a big club even through bad times. They've pushed on and are about to sign our best player just because they have the will to improve and ambition to finish ahead of City (whereas we, by our manager's own admission, cannot compete with them).

The difference is perception. The difference is ambition.

Wenger and the board have let us down for the past 4 years.

Pretty much sums it up I think - as a club we've wasted the last four years.

Am hopeful we won't repeat that mistake with all the new people coming in now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's difficult to lose a player of Alexis' talent and his ability to make something out of nothing. But it's entirely possible Arsenal may play better without him. It's still a team game. If reports of division in the dressing room are true, they may be better off without him.

Considering the situation, Arsenal might be getting a really good deal here thanks to City and United waving their penises around. And the situation may spur the club to get in gear on transfers. We'll see.

The only thing I hate is they're selling someone (anyone) to Mourinho. I've always respected United, but I have no respect for that arrogant bastard. My only hope is that he and Alexis (who seems to have chosen money over trophies) end up deserving each other. Hopefully he'll be a perfectly dreadful fit for Mourinho's reigned-in style. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If this fee agreed stuff is true.

We're not only gifting teams penalties this season. We're also gifting them a chance to bend us over and take their best shot.

Alexis to Utd is disgusting. Sackable like RVP & that Suarez fiasco was.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Selling him to Man Utd in January for a poxy few quid rather than letting him leave in the summer is the only way the result of the saga could possibly make me give a fvck.

If this happens, the club is dead to me until Wenger's gone. I mean fvcking DEAD. Having no interest in the club in any way shape or form. This will be the very very bottom.

morpho

Established Member
No matter how bad it has become over the years, Id never would've thought my club would take me through this again. Was absolutely gutted when v. P was sold. Now they taking it too another level. Yes, its alot of money, but **** me... Football is about feelings. And right now I cringe. Cannot believe its true, Arsenal doesn't give a **** about its fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom