• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I have to disagree, I remember the team that he played with and we weren't a chance creating machine back then either. RVP scored all types of goals and was ridiculously clinical.

we weren't a creating machine? we had tons of creative great passers in his days

Cesc
Nasri
Hleb
Rosicky
Arteta
Jack

the criticizm during those days were that we we TOO much of a passing side

RVP last season here the majority of his goals in the league were from clear cut chances. To be exact 21 of his 30 goals were from clear cut chances. He had 46 Clear cut chances that season and of those only put away 21. 46 clear cut chances is a lot, so he must have been getting some form of service from his team mates.

Although it could be argued that was down to his off the ball movement. No doubt he was a great player, but like most strikers he missed his fair share of chances and could be considered efficient, but with those numbers in mind not clinical.

It's very difficult to judge a striker in our set up right now. Again Wenger messed up. He should have sold Sanchez in the summer got some decent wingers and build the team around Lacazette.

Instead we built it around a player who is leaving mid season. And then we expect Lacazette to pick up the pieces, in a team that is a shambles, feed him scraps and expect him to work wonders.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
we weren't a creating machine? we had tons of creative great passers in his days

Cesc
Nasri
Hleb
Rosicky
Arteta
Jack

the criticizm during those days were that we we TOO much of a passing side
In RVP's best seasons (his last two), the midfield was Song and Arteta. Ramsey, Gervinho and Walcott were often on the wing. We weren't a very good team and his goals carried us.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
RVP last season here the majority of his goals in the league were from clear cut chances. To be exact 21 of his 30 goals were from clear cut chances. He had 46 Clear cut chances that season and of those only put away 21. 46 clear cut chances is a lot, so he must have been getting some form of service from his team mates.

Although it could be argued that was down to his off the ball movement. No doubt he was a great player, but like most strikers he missed his fair share of chances and could be considered efficient, but with those numbers in mind not clinical.

It's very difficult to judge a striker in our set up right now. Again Wenger messed up. He should have sold Sanchez in the summer got some decent wingers and build the team around Lacazette.

Instead we built it around a player who is leaving mid season. And then we expect Lacazette to pick up the pieces, in a team that is a shambles, feed him scraps and expect him to work wonders.

Not sure I believe that.

Van Persie was very decisive. He'd make a sheit pass look like a good one. Left foot and right foot quick release shots.

Just knew to pick a spot and hit it hard.

cloista

I think he'd work a lot better with a more pacey, mobile, 'on the shoulder' striker next to him, so he can work the edge of the box more as his link play is actually pretty damn good. Closer to how Bergkamp played when he was alongside Wright/Anelka/(early years Henry), than as he is now, trying to do a bit of everything. The Aubameyang link actually suggests this could well be in Wenger's thinking. It'd actually work with Welbeck too I think (if he learned to shoot). Would mean Özil dropping a little deeper too (or wide) which would potentially aid transitions too.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Massive reach suggesting RvP was spoon fed his goals. In his last season with us and first with Man U he was winning games almost single handedly. Still remember the game away at Anfield where we did nothing for the entire match and he scored a magnificent winner in the last minute.

Players like him are the reason Wenger has lasted as long as he has.

pikey2000

totally different types of player, RVP was close to elite in his last season with us/first season with UTD, a level or two above Lacazette in every department bar pace

BUT we aren't using Lacazette correctly, the guy is as good a finisher as we have had in the team for years yet we can barely find the guy in the box and when he does get the ball in the box he normally has a millisecond to get a shot off......am I the only one who can remember us serving up Giroud with two or three sitters per match a few seasons back and everyone wondering how the "f" he missed them......

yet we seem to be making extremely hard work of serving up 1 clear cut change for Lacazette at the moment.

I think he has fell victim to joining a team that is playing some of the worst most predictable football it has in years, we have an extreme lack of movement this season and the team is bereft of creativity when Özil is out of the side.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we have an identical team between Giroud and Lacazette tho.... with the same predictable attack

one must consider maybe there is something lacking in Lacazette that's making the rest of the team can't make a clear cut chance for him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd also like to move away from this regressive ethos that chances need to be manifested by through balls and crosses. Look at Liverpool against Man City. They simply pressed high up the pitch and forced City into errors. Arsenal' s forwards with the exception of Sanchez and at times Welbeck don't do this nearly enough.

Yes we do need to play with more width but Lacazette also needs to do more when the opposition have the ball and be more physical.

He's losing faith and conceding battles way too easily. Even when Sanchez's end product sucks he's a nightmare to face because he never gives the opposition a moment's peace.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Recently he hasn’t been involved. Definitely agree when he dropped deeper he looked to make things happen. I said twenty minutes into the Bournemouth match he and Welbeck should have swapped position.

To me in our current formation with 3 at the back he should be one of the two forwards behind the man up front (PEA). He can link play, play a pass and then finish chances without having to be the lone player holding things up

Recently he hasn’t been involved. Definitely agree when he dropped deeper he looked to make things happen. I said twenty minutes into the Bournemouth match he and Welbeck should have swapped position.

To me in our current formation with 3 at the back he should be one of the two forwards behind the man up front (PEA). He can link play, play a pass and then finish chances without having to be the lone player holding things up

Özil
Laca Auba

this should be the setup. 2 forwards and Özil on the ball as #10. This the best way for us to get goal up.

c00lguy

Apparently Laca's gone 10 hours without scoring a goal.
This never happened with Giroud, give me back my Giroud!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At the beginning of the season, everybody was talking about how Lukaku, Morata and Laca wouldn’t do. I think they are are going through rough patches of various degrees. I think it’s a phase for Laca. Hopefully some new signings will spark him, and our team in general, back to life.

Juni

Total tackles won in the Premier League this season:
Lacazette - 12
Kane - 8
Morata - 6
Aguero - 4
Lukaku - 2
(With much less minutes that all of them) It shows that he is not lazy but also that there's something wrong in Wenger's style of play.
I would love to have the stats of clear cut chances received (even average chances) that all those players had. I'm sure Laca is at the bottom of that ranking and by far

In the last 20min of the last match he dropped deep and made a few good forward passes that are quite exactly what he would like to have himself but that welbeck iwobi AMN Sead bellerin xhaka, the 3 CBs don't make at all since the beginning. Only Özil and Wilshere recently made a few.

He clearly deserve some criticism for the last few matchs when he has been bad, with no confidence and seems less motivation, but it's not the real lacazette level at all and he will bang goals like no other very soon once wenger understand what's wrong with his team tactics/formation, and more importantly Mr. GDeep will make a public apology for his disgusting agenda :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom